Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Pocket gimbal has problems remaining level
5512 13 2019-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sirris
lvl.1
United States

My Osmo Pocket footage is almost always tilted to the left. It requires me to fix using my video editor by rotating my footage 2-3 degrees to the right. I regularly and repeatledly use the Calibraion mode before shooting, but find that within a short period of time (a few minutes), my footage is no longer level. I'm worried my Osmo is defective and needs to be replaced. Anyone else having this issue?
2019-1-30
Use props
LionelB
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Perhaps an obvious question, sorry, but do you ensure you have the OP on a level surface when you recalibrate ?
2019-1-30
Use props
sirris
lvl.1
United States

LionelB Posted at 1-30 13:16
Perhaps an obvious question, sorry, but do you ensure you have the OP on a level surface when you recalibrate ?

I do indeed ensure a level surface each time I calibrate. I've been obsessing over it as a result of this issue.
2019-1-30
Use props
LionelB
lvl.3

United Kingdom

sirris Posted at 1-30 13:18
I do indeed ensure a level surface each time I calibrate. I've been obsessing over it as a result of this issue.

Ok no problem, pretty sure you would have but thought best to ask. Hope you get to the bottom of the problem, do keep us posted. Regards.
2019-1-30
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

There are other posts on this forum complaining of the same thing. Maybe you all ought to get together and raise the subject as one voice. It doesn't appear to affect everyone.
2019-1-30
Use props
WOLF Eagle
lvl.3
Austria

djiuser_vdIwrFb6B2mN Posted at 3-22 07:16
I have exactly the same problem which I have reported to DJI.  My gimbal is out by at least 1 degree in the horizontal plane.  I only realised there was a problem because I went on holiday by the sea for a few days.  I took some pictures that had a perfect sea-based horizon in the background.  In a few video and photo shots the horizon was offset by as much as 2 degrees.  

I have spoken to an expert (and friend) - the most senior navigator in the navy - and he confirmed that the sea horizon is always perfectly flat to the eye at ground level.  If you go to 35000 feet then you will see the horizon bending.

Have you tried a factory reset?
2019-3-22
Use props
BTaylor946
New

United States

Still having this same issue. Exactly 3 degrees tilted to the left. Tried re-calibrating numerous times. It is also completely up to date with it's software. If anyone has a solution please let us know asap! I need this fixed for my work :/ Thanks!
2020-3-9
Use props
Capt. Bob
lvl.1
United States

Same problem for me.  Recalibration doesn't solve the problem.
2020-3-11
Use props
MKosmo
lvl.4
United Kingdom

If you calibrate on a slope 1>3 degrees the other way, does this solve the problem ?

Or maybe calibrate doesn't do the horizon.
2020-3-14
Use props
Tomislavski
lvl.1
Croatia

Hello everyone,

Unfortunately I have the same problem. After I unpacked the new device I did the activation and installed the last firmware. After that I turned on the device for the first use and noticed that the camera is not horizontal in Tilt Lock and Follow mode, interestingly how everything is fine in FPV mode.

I tried to calibrate but unsuccessfully, the process stops at 5% with the message "Calibration Failed". I did the calibration from several attempts and on a flat surface.

Can you tell me what to do since the device is brand new?
2021-2-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tomislavski Posted at 2-16 01:02
Hello everyone,

Unfortunately I have the same problem. After I unpacked the new device I did the activation and installed the last firmware. After that I turned on the device for the first use and noticed that the camera is not horizontal in Tilt Lock and Follow mode, interestingly how everything is fine in FPV mode.

As a DJI Mod never responded to any of the issues in this thread you can only assume they have no fix.  As your OP is brand new I'd return it immediately for a full refund.  
2021-2-16
Use props
Tomislavski
lvl.1
Croatia

Thank you for your reply. Since I received the OP as a gift, and it was bought 3 months ago, I can only send it for repair. That's exactly what I did.
2021-2-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tomislavski Posted at 2-17 00:58
Thank you for your reply. Since I received the OP as a gift, and it was bought 3 months ago, I can only send it for repair. That's exactly what I did.

Hopefully the repair or replacement process will get done quickly.  
2021-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules