Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
POLL: spark's biggest downfalls
5143 49 2019-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
brasda91
lvl.3
Flight distance : 57159 ft
United States

Haven't been on here in quite some time, but one thing I may have missed is the compatibility or lack of, of First Person View. Is that a possibility with our Spark?

Disregard. Further research has revealed the Goggles work with the Spark, and possibly other models as well.
2019-8-13
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
First Officer

brasda91 Posted at 8-13 07:29
Haven't been on here in quite some time, but one thing I may have missed is the compatibility or lack of, of First Person View. Is that a possibility with our Spark?

Disregard. Further research has revealed the Goggles work with the Spark, and possibly other models as well.

What is youre question?
2019-9-12
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
First Officer

I think the biggest downfall in Spark is that it's unreliable!

- Compass errors, Speed errors, crashes and unwanted flyaway
- Nyut-nyut problem (Hoppy Spark)
- Battery detachment and crash
- Remote control and Spark, uncertain Wi-Fi connection
- Sloppy, poor video feeds
- Many other problems
2019-9-12
Use props
nilanjan118
First Officer
Flight distance : 636663 ft

It is no secret that the Spark's connection is its weakest link. The 1.2 miles advertised by DJI is almost impossible to achieve. But having said that, I think people will be more than happy if they get a solid connection till about 1km with smooth live feed.
2019-9-12
Use props
djcamera
lvl.4

Battery.  Yes.
2019-9-13
Use props
Flygmaskin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 70719 ft

Having tried two different units, I feel that it’s a bit unreliable. Nice flight 100 meters up, bright and sunny day, 16 satellites connected and WHAM comes the nice lady proclaiming “Atti-mode”.

Yaw error, compass error, IMU heading error (please restart aircraft...)

Still is a great and fun little product! But not so fun if those errors makes you loose it..

Battery life could also be a bit better, I would be happy with 15 minutes.
2019-9-28
Use props
snowbird pilot
Second Officer

Flygmaskin Posted at 9-28 16:42
Having tried two different units, I feel that it’s a bit unreliable. Nice flight 100 meters up, bright and sunny day, 16 satellites connected and WHAM comes the nice lady proclaiming “Atti-mode”.

Yaw error, compass error, IMU heading error (please restart aircraft...)

Agreed. What is your average battery time?
2019-9-29
Use props
Frunobulax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12936 ft

Nidge Posted at 2-1 03:16
It’s not a Parrot Anafi
I say this mainly in jest but since my wife gave me an Anafi for my Birthday, just before Xmas, I’ve not touched my Spark, and these are the reasons:

Does it have RTH? I hear they have a lot of fly aways
2019-10-2
Use props
Frunobulax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12936 ft

More under the hood workings available. I would suppose programing
2019-10-2
Use props
Nidge
Captain

Frunobulax Posted at 10-2 09:52
Does it have RTH? I hear they have a lot of fly aways

The reported flyaways for the Anafi are quite few and far between. Even when you take into consideration the lower number of units sold compared to that of the Spark it’s still a lower percentage than reported Spark flyaways.

The Anafi is a much less complex machine than the Spark which I think is its strong point. The App it uses is solely written for it, unlike the Go4 App which is so bloated to accommodate other DJI products that the possibility for conflicting code to cause issues could be a concern. It’s for this reason that these days when I have a need to use the Spark I use a third party App and just use the Go4 App if a firmware or database update is needed.

Even though I don’t use my Spark that much these days (the Anafi is now my Grab and Go drone) I still enjoy it. I’ve chosen to implement a manually selectable ATTI mode so I can quickly launch and get the shot without having to wait for a suitable GPS lock, something the Anafi seems to take an age to acquire.

As a follow up, and to keep this post on topic, I will add that I think another of the Spark’s downfalls must include the lack of transparency and the near nonexistent support from DJI. I started using DJI products back in 2011/2012 and appreciated the simple approach, but the Spark was my last DJI purchase (back in Oct 2017) and that was only because the store I purchased my fly more combo was closing down and I got it for half the RRP.
As much as the advertising might suggest otherwise I don’t think that current drone technology is the Off The Shelf product for your average nontechnical person that the manufacturers are trying to imply.

Regards

Nidge.
2019-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules