iOS app always crashes
9134 16 2019-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dnedzel
lvl.1

United States

I just bought a used Phantom 3 Pro and I am running into an issue I am hoping someone can suggest a solution for.  I linked the controller to the drone just fine, and the controller communicates with the drone fine, shows the green connection light on the controller and controls the drone's motors as expected.  I updated the firmware in the controller.  When I run the DJI Go app on my iphone, it opens initially and then always closes shortly after.  If I disconnect the control unit from the drone (I power down the drone, the connection LED on controller shows red) the app will stay open.  But as soon as I power up the drone (connecting it to Control Unit) then the app crashes.  I am running an iPhone 6Plus, iOS version 12.1.2, capacity 64gb with 10.72gb available.  Any ideas?  Has anyone else experienced similar issues with the DJI Go app (not DJI Go 4) on iOS?

thanks!
- Derrick
2019-1-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please try to reboot your iPhone by pressing and holding the side button and either volume button until the slider appears. Drag the slider to turn your device completely off. After your device turns off, press and hold the Side button again until you see the Apple logo. You can also try to uninstall and reinstall DJI Go app. If the issue persists, please let us know. Thank you.
2019-1-30
Use props
TheLazyC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1357356 ft
  • >>>
United States

First thing I would do it uninstall the app and reinstall.
2019-1-30
Use props
dnedzel
lvl.1

United States

TheLazyC Posted at 1-30 18:58
First thing I would do it uninstall the app and reinstall.

I tried that, no luck.  I also downloaded the DJI Go app to an ipad, connected that to the controller and had the same problem.  I verified the cable is functional by connecting the iPhone to my laptop - they communicate over the cable fine, iTunes comes up fine.  

There is a new version of iOS - 12.1.3 just came out, I will try upgrading the phone and see if that makes any difference.  Is it possible that no one is using iPhones/iPads with Phantom 3's anymore?  I wonder if DJI is no longer maintaining the app for new iOS releases?  Seems pretty farfetched, but maybe i should get an Android device and try that?
2019-1-31
Use props
dnedzel
lvl.1

United States

dnedzel Posted at 1-31 07:50
I tried that, no luck.  I also downloaded the DJI Go app to an ipad, connected that to the controller and had the same problem.  I verified the cable is functional by connecting the iPhone to my laptop - they communicate over the cable fine, iTunes comes up fine.  

There is a new version of iOS - 12.1.3 just came out, I will try upgrading the phone and see if that makes any difference.  Is it possible that no one is using iPhones/iPads with Phantom 3's anymore?  I wonder if DJI is no longer maintaining the app for new iOS releases?  Seems pretty farfetched, but maybe i should get an Android device and try that?

I am upgrading the firmware in the drone, maybe it is out of date.  I just bought this drone used, so maybe that needs to be done.  Applying firmware update now per recording on support site, we will see how that turns out.
2019-1-31
Use props
dnedzel
lvl.1

United States

dnedzel Posted at 1-31 08:17
I am upgrading the firmware in the drone, maybe it is out of date.  I just bought this drone used, so maybe that needs to be done.  Applying firmware update now per recording on support site, we will see how that turns out.

I ran thru the drone firmware upgrade, the log said no update was needed, version in drone matched version of file.  I updated the iOS device to 12.1.3, retried and the DJI Go app is now stable, no crash!  Not sure if it was the iOS version or the messing with the firmware that solved the problem, but I am all set now!
2019-1-31
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Sometimes you never know what happened, or what fixed it........quirks.
2019-1-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

dnedzel Posted at 1-31 09:10
I ran thru the drone firmware upgrade, the log said no update was needed, version in drone matched version of file.  I updated the iOS device to 12.1.3, retried and the DJI Go app is now stable, no crash!  Not sure if it was the iOS version or the messing with the firmware that solved the problem, but I am all set now!

Hi Dnedzel, I'm glad that the issue has been resolved. If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us. Thanks for choosing DJI!
2019-2-1
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

What is with the 12.1.4 ? That iOS version came out last week.
2019-2-17
Use props
Ezreal
lvl.2

Hi, if uninstalling the app is not useful, it may be that there is something wrong with your iPhone, which leads to the problem. Faced with this case, you can try restarting or force restarting your device. Or you are able to make use of a repairing tool like Joyoshare UltFix if you do not want to lose data during the process. Hope this can work you out!
2019-9-28
Use props
Fael.BR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 85 ft

dnedzel Posted at 1-31 09:10

Hey Dnedzel, particularly I like updating my drone in the desktop app "Assistant". You can export and download de "Black Box"of the drone, check and update the aircraft, restore factory and much more. It's just a suggestion. I'm glad you solved the issue.
2019-10-2
Use props
Jane Smith
lvl.2

China

Hello,
First you need to know figure out the reasons that cause the problem. Something wrong with DJI Go app, the iOS system, or the hardware error? Try some solutions like reinstall the app, reboot the device, force restart your iPhone, reset the settings, factory reset your device, etc. But you must be aware that resetting your iPhone to the factory settings will cause the data loss. Please make sure you have backed up your data before using any of the methods. After trying all the tips but still failed, maybe you can try a professional iOS system recovery from Tuneskit, which will help you solve most app crashing problems on iOS. Hope your problem is fixed.
2019-12-12
Use props
djiuser_81o8uhDjIHD2
New

Bangladesh

I have also faced the same problem and wite a solution on my Tech Blog
2019-12-18
Use props
Bella Gorden
lvl.2

United States

Whenever you find yourself in a state whereby you are not able to use your iPhone, you have no choice but to try hard to return it back to its original working status. We have seen that there are various reasons that may cause your iPhone to crash. The kind of approach that you'll give will determine whether you are able to concur with the adversity of the iPhone crash. Just use the below steps to fix iPhone Keeps Crashing.

Solution 1. Force restart your device
This is the easiest way that has been there since time immemorial and is still being used as later as solving the iPhone crash 2019. Remember that your iPhone's model will also determine how to carry on.

Solution 2. Clear the memory of your iPhone
This solution suits when your iPhone's memory is full. Such a memory deprives your phone of adequate space to carry on other duties. Here we take the Safari app as an example.

Solution 3. Re-launch an application
Your iPhone may be experiencing crashing issues because of some applications that are not functioning well due to bugs. Once you find out that this is the case, use these steps.

Solution 4. Re-install the faulty apps
There are certain times when your iPhone keeps crashing because of some faulty apps. Try and identify which app or apps make your iPhone act dead and un-install it with immediate effect.

Solution 5. Update your iPhone operating system
It is a good trend to ensure that your iOS is up to date.

Solution 6. Fix the iPhone crashing problem without data loss – using the best tool
You can also use the recommended tool, TunesKit iOS System Recovery, an iOS repair tool to help in solving crashing issues on your iPhone. The striking part of this method is that you will never lose your current data while fixing this problem. This app also enables you to go to the advanced mode in case the normal standard mode doesn't solve the problem.
2020-5-21
Use props
Tiana
lvl.2

China

To fix your iPhone app keeping crashing, you can force restart your iPhone first. If it doesn't work, try out using related iOS system repair tools such as TunesKit iOS System Recovery to fix it.
2020-9-14
Use props
Yeri Tan
lvl.2

United States

I want to share a tool with you. My Instagram once kept crashing when I used it, But I used TunesKit iOS System Recovery to fix the issue without data loss.
2021-5-17
Use props
azt
New
Flight distance : 186404 ft
Malta

Hello
I haven’t used my Phantom Professional drone for about 3 years. All seems up and running. Problem is when I connect the controller to my iPhone 13 Pro Max the app comes on, goes to ‘Aircraft Status’ and immediately crashes off! What’s going on? I tried reinstalling the App I tied hard restart on my iPhone but it is still crashing.
2022-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules