Feature Request: make burst mode more useful!
3265 23 2019-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
oberschneider.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4730358 ft
  • >>>
Austria

I'm primarily a sports photographer, so I was excited about the burst-mode feature on the Mavic 2 and hoped it would make it easier to capture fast action sequences that can't be captured with single shots. The Mavic 2 can capture up to 5 images in burst mode, but there's a big catch: the time interval between the shots is just way too short! It's like all those 5 shots are taken in less than half a second, which makes the whole burst mode useless, especially with the long delay after each burst, that makes it nearly impossible to capture another moment of the action sequence.

Now here's my suggestion: Please add a setting that lets users choose to increase the intervall between each single exposure in burst mode, so that e.g. the 5 frames are recorded in an intervall of 0.5 - 3 seconds, that would make it much easier to capture action shots. Please also allow the user to choose from a variety of options, like 5 frames in 0.5, 1, 2 or 3 seconds or similar. This should be quite easy to implement!

Thanks!
2019-1-31
Use props
oberschneider.com
Second Officer
  • >>>
Austria

Feature Request: make burst mode more useful!

I'm primarily a sports photographer, so I was excited about the burst-mode feature on the Mavic 2 and hoped it would make it easier to capture fast action sequences that can't be captured with single shots. The Mavic 2 can capture up to 5 images in burst mode, but there's a big catch: the time interval between the shots is just way too short! It's like all those 5 shots are taken in less than half a second, which makes the whole burst mode useless, especially with the long delay after each burst, that makes it nearly impossible to capture another moment of the action sequence.

Now here's my suggestion: Please add a setting that lets users choose to increase the intervall between each single exposure in burst mode, so that e.g. the 5 frames are recorded in an intervall of 0.5 - 3 seconds, that would make it much easier to capture action shots. Please also allow the user to choose from a variety of options, like 5 frames in 0.5, 1, 2 or 3 seconds or similar. This should be quite easy to implement!

Thanks!

2019-1-31
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10326581 ft
Canada

now that sounds good! very good suggestion!
2019-1-31
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10326581 ft
Canada

2019-1-31
Use props
oberschneider.com
Second Officer
  • >>>
Austria

Picanoc Jack Posted at 1-31 03:19

thanks! Now let's hope other users see this as a useful suggestion too, and get DJI to think about implementing it.
2019-1-31
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great Suggestion, but don't think you needed 4 post for this same suggestion.
2019-1-31
Use props
oberschneider.com
Second Officer
  • >>>
Austria

Woe Posted at 1-31 05:18
Great Suggestion, but don't think you needed 4 post for this same suggestion.

I understand that it's annoying, but it's all about getting attention - and this forum has such a weird subsystem that threads can get lost quite easily.
2019-1-31
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

oberschneider.com Posted at 1-31 08:26
I understand that it's annoying, but it's all about getting attention - and this forum has such a weird subsystem that threads can get lost quite easily.

Understood. If you click on last post it shows the latest.
2019-1-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good suggestion!
2019-1-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day oberschneider.com. Thank you for the suggestion you have provided us. Rest assured that I will forward this suggestion/thread to our DJI R&D Team for future development of the DJI Mavic 2. Thank you for your support.
2019-2-1
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Thanks for sharing your suggestion!
2019-2-1
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

I personally don't mind a quick sequence, since it's often that fraction of a second I'm after, but having larger capacity would be nice. My Canon DSLRs can do go almost infinitely in JPEG mode, and even with the RAW they have ample buffer to do more than 10.  But yeah, controlling the interval say in 0.1 sec increments would be nice.
2019-2-1
Use props
oberschneider.com
Second Officer
  • >>>
Austria

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-1 12:24
Hello and good day oberschneider.com. Thank you for the suggestion you have provided us. Rest assured that I will forward this suggestion/thread to our DJI R&D Team for future development of the DJI Mavic 2. Thank you for your support.

thank you!
2019-2-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

You are very much welcome oberschneider.com. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-2-2
Use props
Ralph T.
lvl.1
Switzerland

Thanks for raising this issue! I couldn't agree more. I have searched hi and lo to find a way to get a longer burst. A longer burst with more frames would be perfect, but if internal memory sets the limit, an extended burst (i.e. 5 frames over a longer period than now) would be great already. I use the Mavic Pro and Mavic 2 Pro to shoot trains in motion, and of course I need the shot at just the right spot. Within the very short burst that we have now, the train does not move a lot (I am not talking Shinkansen) between the frames, so I mostly keep the first or the last, often wishing there were one before or after the 5 frames. So, 5 shots over the timespan of one second (ideally: user-adjustable) would help me greatly to reduce the number of lost chances.

I am actually ready to pay for this feature. So, if any 3rd party app does the job, I would appreciate a hint.

Thanks and cheers,
Ralph
2019-2-4
Use props
Francis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 774203 ft
Brazil

good suggestion. Take two seconds recording before start and after end  the movement on quickshots will make this feature more professional too.
2019-2-20
Use props
oberschneider.com
Second Officer
  • >>>
Austria

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-1 12:24

Hi Stephen, is there any news on this topic? In its current state, burst photo mode is still rather useless...
2019-5-29
Use props
Kiwibonds
lvl.1

Ireland

+1   Completely agree. As a train photographer with a drone (and there are many of us) being able to set the burst mode frames-per-second would be extremely useful to increase the pause between shots. With a little shutter lag sometimes, I have taken a lot of pictures with poles and trees in the way of my trains - a longer pause between burst mode pics would be realllly helpful.
2020-2-4
Use props
oberschneider.com
Second Officer
  • >>>
Austria

Kiwibonds Posted at 2-4 04:44
+1   Completely agree. As a train photographer with a drone (and there are many of us) being able to set the burst mode frames-per-second would be extremely useful to increase the pause between shots. With a little shutter lag sometimes, I have taken a lot of pictures with poles and trees in the way of my trains - a longer pause between burst mode pics would be realllly helpful.

Thanks for supporting my suggestion, it's good to see that also other photographers are struggling with the crippled burst mode on the DJI drones. I wonder if we'll ever receive more than just the average "I will forward the suggestion to the designated DJI department" response...
2020-2-4
Use props
oberschneider.com
Second Officer
  • >>>
Austria

So did DJI improve the burst mode with the introduction of the Air 2S or is it still crippled in the same way?
2021-4-17
Use props
fans7ce30b03
lvl.1

Israel

oberschneider.com Posted at 2019-1-31 01:51

Why dji in 2 years did nothing about this post?
Now I have the burst in mavic 3 and it's useless the interval is to short between the photos.
7 photos looks like the same photo
2022-1-30
Use props
fans7ce30b03
lvl.1

Israel

oberschneider.com Posted at 2019-1-31 01:51

Why dji in 2 years did nothing about this post?
Now I have the burst in mavic 3 and it's useless the interval is to short between the photos.
7 photos looks like the same photo
2022-1-30
Use props
fans7ce30b03
lvl.1

Israel

oberschneider.com Posted at 2021-4-17 22:23
So did DJI improve the burst mode with the introduction of the Air 2S or is it still crippled in the same way?

It's a bug. It's not burst
2022-1-30
Use props
impossiblespeed261
lvl.1
Flight distance : 868225 ft
Australia

Kiwibonds Posted at 2020-2-4 04:44

Agreed! As a train photographer who has used multiple DJI drones since 2014, it's pretty disappointing that $3000+ drones still lack the ability to choose the frames per second of the burst shooting. I remember reading suggestion posts years ago and having some hope that things would change, but that hope is waning. As a photographer, I'm disheartened DJI drones seem to be so video feature packed but basic photography features remain forgotten.

The new Mavic 3 Pro brings better-than-ever hardware for action photography through the inclusion of longer focal lengths with RAW shooting, eg 48MP 70 mm. However, I haven't upgraded as the same limited burst function makes the DJI drones so frustratingly crippled for photography.

DJI, please, seriously consider implementing the ability to choose the frames per second (speed) of the burst shooting. I know I'm not alone in wanting this, there's a significant community who refrain from investing in DJI drone gear as the software doesn't meet the needs of action photographers.
2023-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules