Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI OSMO NOT connecting to App
15436 18 2019-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CWSAJ
lvl.1

United States

Huawei Mate 20 Pro is connected via WIFI
Once I open the DJi Go app - nothing happens and on the OSMO selection - it still shows How to Connect.

How can I get this to connect to the app? It just doesnt seem to be registering on the app?
2019-1-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, We do apologize for the incovenience. May we know if you're using the smartphone adapter? If yes, have you tried to re-install reset the Osmo pocket then reconnect the adapter as well as the mobile device to see if there will be changes? Do you have a wireless module? If yes, have you tried to connect your phone via wireless? Please keep us posted on the latest progress.
2019-1-31
Use props
fans37ee9a11
lvl.1
Netherlands

I have a osmo + and a Huawei mate 20 pro. The same problem here. The phone connects to the Wi-Fi but the app still doesn't connect. Still keeps saying how to connect. I think the problem is Android 9. Is there going to be an update so I can use the osmo +?
2019-1-31
Use props
CWSAJ
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 1-31 12:27
Hi, We do apologize for the incovenience. May we know if you're using the smartphone adapter? If yes, have you tried to re-install reset the Osmo pocket then reconnect the adapter as well as the mobile device to see if there will be changes? Do you have a wireless module? If yes, have you tried to connect your phone via wireless? Please keep us posted on the latest progress.

Hi,  thanks for getting back to me. This isn't the Osmo Pocket - this is the "DJI Osmo" - the phone is just used as a "lens" through the app essentially.

I don't think I need an adaptor for this version. I have tried the OSMO with an iPhone 8 and iPad, seems to connect fine.

I think it must be an Android software compatibility issue - have you come across this yet? Do you know if this is on log to be resolved in software updates or something? (sorry, i'm not a very technical person)
2019-2-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

CWSAJ Posted at 2-1 02:14
Hi,  thanks for getting back to me. This isn't the Osmo Pocket - this is the "DJI Osmo" - the phone is just used as a "lens" through the app essentially.

I don't think I need an adaptor for this version. I have tried the OSMO with an iPhone 8 and iPad, seems to connect fine.

Hi, thanks for the clarification and we do apologize for that incorrect product. As of the time being, the Huawei Mate 20 Pro is not yet compatible with our Osmo and I'm afraid that our team hasn't been cascaded to us if this mobile device would be added in Osmo. For the mean-time, I would like to ask if you manage to turn off the "Mobile data" on your device and connect to the Osmo via Wi-Fi? Please keep us posted on the latest progress for further help. Thank you for continued support.
2019-2-1
Use props
Ondrej Vrabel
lvl.1
Czechia

Hi, i have Osmo and Huawei P20 Pro. Unfortunatelly today I am not able connect to device in DJI Go app. I did not use Osmo about 1,5 month, two weeks ago I installed Android 9.0 to my phone.
Phone is wifi connect to Osmo but application is not able open connection. Already tried uninstall app and new instalation. But situatioin is same. With Android 8.x it worked fine.
2019-2-1
Use props
djiuser_cAIcWgxRLL3Z
lvl.1

Portugal

Hi there,
I found a simple solution for that problem (that i was also facing with Android 9)
Just put your Android Phone into Airplane Mode then, turn on wifi and connect to you Osmo.
Next, open your DJI Go App and... voilá...

It worked for me
2019-2-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_cAIcWgxRLL3Z Posted at 2-12 08:37
Hi there,
I found a simple solution for that problem (that i was also facing with Android 9)
Just put your Android Phone into Airplane Mode then, turn on wifi and connect to you Osmo.

Hi, thanks for providing this workaround for our customers who are running Android 9. Glad that it works on your end. Please let us know if you have other concerns.
2019-2-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Ondrej Vrabel Posted at 2-1 10:46
Hi, i have Osmo and Huawei P20 Pro. Unfortunatelly today I am not able connect to device in DJI Go app. I did not use Osmo about 1,5 month, two weeks ago I installed Android 9.0 to my phone.
Phone is wifi connect to Osmo but application is not able open connection. Already tried uninstall app and new instalation. But situatioin is same. With Android 8.x it worked fine.

Hi, we're sorry for the uneasiness. I would like to ask if you manage to turn off the mobile data of your phone when connected to the Osmo via the wi-fi? Please let us know the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.
2019-2-12
Use props
fans4613822f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 427418 ft
Lithuania

Hi there,
Just put your Android Phone into Airplane Mode then, turn on wifi and connect to you Osmo.

Same here - I have Huawei Huawei Mate 10 Pro. So same problem - OSMO work with my iPad wery well, but not with Huawei. This workaround really helped me too, thank you. Kind a problem with Android lates system  version and Osmo compatibility.
2019-2-15
Use props
fans85291b1d
New
Mexico

Hi there,
Just put your Android Phone into Airplane Mode then, turn on wifi and connect to you Osmo.

Thank you so much!  You saved the day and a lot of money.  I recently switched from iphone to huawei mate 20 Pro and I was so disillusioned when I couldn't fly my mavic 2 with my phone.  Thanks again, much appreciated!  
2019-2-23
Use props
fans2cdc172c
New

Serbia

I have a problem with my OSMO connecting to Huawei P20.DJI application does not allow to enter chosen device (Osmo).When I purchased my mobile (Huawei 2018) it worked.However OSMO connects to other mobile or tablet.Can I use my P20 to operate Osmo, and which application should be used?
2019-3-6
Use props
djiuser_iabFPZ8QEUgN
New

Canada

Hi, We do apologize for the incovenience. May we know if you're using the smartphone adapter? If yes, have you tried to re-install reset the Osmo pocket then reconnect the adapter as well as the mobile device to see if there will be changes? Do you have a wireless module? If yes, have you tried to connect your phone via wireless? Please keep us posted on the latest progress.

Hi, I understand that there's a solution for connecting thru WiFi. However, I would still like to be able to use the feature where I can connect the Osmo pocket to my phone and the mimo app able to launch by itself. Everytime I connect thru the adaptor it just charges my phone. Is there a dji repair center in Toronto Canada?
Ty
2019-8-31
Use props
djiuser_iabFPZ8QEUgN
New

Canada

Hi, I understand that there's a solution for connecting thru WiFi. However, I would still like to be able to use the feature where I can connect the Osmo pocket to my phone and the mimo app able to launch by itself. Everytime I connect thru the adaptor it just charges my phone. Is there a dji repair center in Toronto Canada?
Ty
2019-8-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_iabFPZ8QEUgN Posted at 8-31 22:06
Ty

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. May we know what particular mobile device did you use with your Osmo Pocket? For additional information, When the Osmo Pocket is connected to an Android phone using a smartphone adapter, the Osmo Pocket can be used to charge the mobile phone at 5 V and 500 mA. This is regulated by the Android Open Accessory (AOA). When the Osmo Pocket is being used to charge the mobile phone, the Osmo Pocket's battery life will be slightly reduced. To make the Osmo Pocket work longer, it is recommended to use the Wireless Module so the Osmo Pocket will not charge the phone.
2019-9-2
Use props
djiuser_4YNR6N7jpp2T
New

Brazil

Hi. I have a Xiaomi Mi8 and suddenly the osmo connection didn't work anymore. I have written to DJI already and they keep ignoring the situation. Any tip to help? Going to Amazon forest and couldn't get this situation fixed.
2019-11-24
Use props
Martinezzz
lvl.1

Netherlands

I have problems too connecting to the Osmo with my android phone.

After trying different things for hours I finally came up with this:

My new phone Samsung A40 (android 9) will NOT connect to the Go app.

My Samsung A3 2016 (android 7.0)  works fine the way it is.

My Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10..1 2016 (Android 8.1.0) works fine the way it is.

So it probably is an Android 9 thing.....
2019-12-10
Use props
djiuser_5ydysBJ5bjGu
New

Maldives

DJI Tony Posted at 2019-1-31 12:27

hi Tony Love from Maldives
I have DJI Osmo trying to conn3ct with Redmi Note 9 Pro. Everything goes well untill the wifi is connected to the osmo.ny the time the connection is successful, mobile phone shows device connected to Inspire 1. First time I panicked. Thought it is gonna go up flying I'm holding it.
2023-8-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_5ydysBJ5bjGu Posted at 8-19 10:39
hi Tony Love from Maldives
I have DJI Osmo trying to conn3ct with Redmi Note 9 Pro. Everything goes well untill the wifi is connected to the osmo.ny the time the connection is successful, mobile phone shows device connected to Inspire 1. First time I panicked. Thought it is gonna go up flying I'm holding it.

Hello there. I hope you're doing well today. Just to confirm. Your Osmo is not showing from your Redmi Note 1 but only shows your Inspire 1. Is that correct?
2023-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules