Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Is my RC battery broken?
722 9 2019-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
saviour
lvl.4
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

From what I've noticed is that I can't even fly 3 of my drone's batteries before my RC battery dies. I thought that's a problem with my Huawei P20 Pro because the RC charges it, even when the phone is at 100%.
Now I've tested it though. I haven't been able to fly my M2P in the last couple of weeks because of the bad wheather here. I charged my RC battery to 100%.
Now, 2 hours later, I checked the battery. Only 98% left. It dischages itself for literally no reason, it was turned off the whole time of course. I already noticed that a few weeks ago, when I fully charged it over night and on the next day, there were only ~ 89% battery left.  This makes me even more concered. It's not nice to see that, especially when I know I can't even fly 3 batteries. What's the point of having the fly more package if my battery is empty after 2?

Can somebody actually test it? Fully charge  the RC battery, leave it closed over night and check the battery status on the next day?
Can anybody confirm  that it might be broken, DJI members?

2019-1-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the troubles that it caused. Did you manage to update the firmware on both remote controller and aircraft? May I know if you manage to test your remote while flying to see if it will last long like before? If the battery of the remote would last like a normal one, we would recommend sending it into our facility for further evaluation of the unit. If you wish to contact our support you may refer to the link below. Thank you for continued support.

www.dji.com/support
2019-1-31
Use props
Bart B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 878852 ft
United States

Charged mine up to 100% I'll post back the status tomorrow.
2019-1-31
Use props
saviour
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 1-31 16:47
Hi, we're sorry for the troubles that it caused. Did you manage to update the firmware on both remote controller and aircraft? May I know if you manage to test your remote while flying to see if it will last long like before? If the battery of the remote would last like a normal one, we would recommend sending it into our facility for further evaluation of the unit. If you wish to contact our support you may refer to the link below. Thank you for continued support.

www.dji.com/support

Hello Tony, yes, everything is on the latest firmware.
In the changelog there is a fix which stated that a bug was fixed which make the RC battery discharge fast when using an Android phone. I haven't been able to test it yet. If the wheather is good today, I will fly and see how long the battery lasts and I will post my results.

@Android Users: Can you guys fly 3 batteries before the RC battery is empty?
2019-1-31
Use props
saviour
lvl.4
Germany

Bart B Posted at 1-31 16:55
Charged mine up to 100% I'll post back the status tomorrow.

Thank you very much. I just checked the battery. It "only" discharged to 97% over night. Still too much.
2019-1-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

saviour Posted at 1-31 22:08
Hello Tony, yes, everything is on the latest firmware.
In the changelog there is a fix which stated that a bug was fixed which make the RC battery discharge fast when using an Android phone. I haven't been able to test it yet. If the wheather is good today, I will fly and see how long the battery lasts and I will post my results.

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. Please let us know on the latest progress for further help. We're hoping that you could get the best feedback in regards to your query with our other customers. Thank you.
2019-2-1
Use props
Bart B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 878852 ft
United States

saviour Posted at 1-31 22:09
Thank you very much. I just checked the battery. It "only" discharged to 97% over night. Still too much.

RC charged to 100%, 12 hours later 97%
I dont have any issues flying through 3 batteries with over 50% charge left on the controller if I start out in the high 90'S on the RC battery charge.
2019-2-1
Use props
saviour
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 2-1 09:15
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. Please let us know on the latest progress for further help. We're hoping that you could get the best feedback in regards to your query with our other customers. Thank you.

Hi Tony, fortunately the wheather was great for some flying and I have to say that this update really helped. I am able to fly through 3 batteries now.
2019-2-1
Use props
saviour
lvl.4
Germany

Bart B Posted at 2-1 09:29
RC charged to 100%, 12 hours later 97%
I dont have any issues flying through 3 batteries with over 50% charge left on the controller if I start out in the high 90'S on the RC battery charge.

Had no problems yesterday in flying my batteries. At first I was a bit concerned because the RC almost discharged as fast am my drone's batteries but later on it slowed down so I was able to get some nice Hyperlapses and photos/videos. Thanks for your investigation, though.
2019-2-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

saviour Posted at 2-1 23:22
Had no problems yesterday in flying my batteries. At first I was a bit concerned because the RC almost discharged as fast am my drone's batteries but later on it slowed down so I was able to get some nice Hyperlapses and photos/videos. Thanks for your investigation, though.

Hi, thanks for your update. Glad to know that the concern has been solved. May you please always have a safe flight. Please let us know if you have other concerns.
2019-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules