Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rob W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

*Edit: The firmware showed up 2019-02-01*

Me and several others report today that the .350 is not showing up as an update. Have the new firmware been removed?

Personally I've tried several times to update via the latest DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic as well as through the Smart Controller. I've logged out and logged in again with my DJI user and tried to update again, but no luck. I've uninstalled DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic and reinstalled it to no avail.

No information from DJI as usual.
2019-1-31
Use props
Thellamie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 201854 ft
United States

It certainly took my open issues and made them worse.
2019-1-31
Use props
flynsign
lvl.1
United States

Need help! I received my Smart Controller today and did all the updates I possibly could - including hooking it up to Assistant 2 for good measure. No matter what I did, Go 4 is still showing "latest version installed" at 4.3.10 !!
So it's actually TWO versions behind, and I bought this specifically for the waypoint feature I need for my business, not to mention precision landing isn't even available with this old version. Any help would be appreciated!
2019-1-31
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

DJI giveth, DJI taketh
2019-1-31
Use props
ting-ting
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5871467 ft
  • >>>
United States

Give this a try instead of hooking it up to assistant 2, I updated thru wifi. Do a factory reset to smart controller without sd card installed and then update again thru wifi.

2019-1-31
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

whoa really?  if they pulled it they must have found something in the firmware that needs patching critically and felt safer to just kill the update instead.
2019-1-31
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

Hmm.  I am wondering if I should keep the AC grounded until the next patch...
2019-1-31
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

Seems the firmware is here now. I just started an upgrade.
2019-1-31
Use props
Sunstone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 960732 ft
United Kingdom

V01.00.360 just arrived on mine this morning,

I did have .350 the other day too.

hhmm
2019-2-1
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

Sunstone Posted at 2-1 02:13
V01.00.360 just arrived on mine this morning,

I did have .350 the other day too.

Yes, I now got .360 and I hurried and updated to it. I guess maybe they roll out the firmware in stages to users, and it messed up a bit with a new release of the firmware. I don't know.
2019-2-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Rob W Posted at 2-1 05:06
Yes, I now got .360 and I hurried and updated to it. I guess maybe they roll out the firmware in stages to users, and it messed up a bit with a new release of the firmware. I don't know.

Just updating now, was there any notes as to what is in this new FW.
2019-2-1
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

hallmark007 Posted at 2-1 05:26
Just updating now, was there any notes as to what is in this new FW.

They have updated the release notes on dji.com, I can see. Here it is: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... tes_EN_20190201.pdf
2019-2-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Rob W Posted at 2-1 05:30
They have updated the release notes on dji.com, I can see. Here it is: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/smart+controller/20190201/DJI_Smart_Controller_Release_Notes_EN_20190201.pdf

Thank you,I’m thinking there were niggly problems with SD card, I will try using this afternoon and report how it goes.
2019-2-1
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

hallmark007 Posted at 2-1 05:37
Thank you,I’m thinking there were niggly problems with SD card, I will try using this afternoon and report how it goes.

Yes, this is probably just a "quiet" bugfix release. Perhaps they fixed the SD issue. Happy testing!
2019-2-1
Use props
djiuser_Z4SEwKBQIpRk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 178688 ft
Canada

Just updated now. Wonder what's different? Read the "what's new"....seems to be the same as .0350 version. Thanks guys for the heads up!
2019-2-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_Z4SEwKBQIpRk Posted at 2-1 05:44
Just updated now. Wonder what's different? Read the "what's new"....seems to be the same as .0350 version. Thanks guys for the heads up!

The only difference in the notes is regarding use of the SD card, so presume it’s a fix for that.
2019-2-1
Use props
fansef087f5c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5988 ft
Hong Kong

I phoned DJI, the guy told me that the new firmware had been removed and could not be downloaded
2019-2-1
Use props
fansef087f5c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5988 ft
Hong Kong

Firmware .360 is just available for download now in Hong Kong
2019-2-1
Use props
Sunstone
lvl.2
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2-1 05:37

I've noticed that now after 360, the controller asked me if I wanted to use the SD card that I inserted as 'Portable media' or 'Internal media'. So thats definitely new.

So if you choose internal it kind of adds whatever size SD card you inserted to the available internal storage and treats both internal storage and the SD Card as one storage option. where portable, it expects you to be swapping out the SD card (possible with other SD cards) from time to time.

Interesting. Android has had that for a while but im not sure why you'd really choose 'Internal'. Surely you're gonna be swapping out the SD card from time to time to possibly insert elsewhere ?! . Or I suppose you could plug your controller in via USB and get the files you wanted that way.

Interesting to see that option here. If you start installing apps on the SD card after choosing the 'Internal storage' option that could screw things up if you remove the card and fire the up the device. Possibly but not definitely.

Wonder how that will pan out.
2019-2-1
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

fansef087f5c Posted at 2-1 06:08
Firmware .360 is just available for download now in Hong Kong

And available in the northwest corner of WA state, USA.
2019-2-1
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

Sunstone Posted at 2-1 06:10
I've noticed that now after 360, the controller asked me if I wanted to use the SD card that I inserted as 'Portable media' or 'Internal media'. So thats definitely new.

So if you choose internal it kind of adds whatever size SD card you inserted to the available internal storage and treats both internal storage and the SD Card as one storage option. where portable, it expects you to be swapping out the SD card (possible with other SD cards) from time to time.

The use of an sd-card for INTERNAL (it use to be called ADOPTED, I think) was intended to supplement those early phones that did not have much internal storage and could not hold many apps.  It would making using the card as a portable transfer method impossible since it it formatted and tied to internal memory.

But you mentioned transferring files using USB.  I have not been able to find a way to do that.  I've plugged in the official usb cable (with controller purchase) and others.  I hear the usb-gong on my computer.  I get offered the choice of Charging or file or photo transfer (3 choices) but when I chose files - nothing shows up on my Win7 computer.  If I chose Photos, it shows two folders and I could move files to them.  But if I chose the generic FILES option, NO DRIVES or folders show up.

I've asked about it in a separate thread but have not gotten any reply.
2019-2-1
Use props
Indio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

2019-2-1
Use props
Dronie2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1336365 ft
Spain

And available in Spain.
2019-2-1
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just carried out the update, did it over the air (WiFi) just to see if its the problem it appears to be. Completed no problem, downloads then asks for permission to install. Takes about 10 mins & several re-boots.

This update fixes the SD card disappearing issue and disables the use of the SD card as expansion to internal memory completely.

Nothing else appears to have changed.
Version .0350 has been removed completly from the Assistant 2 library.

2019-2-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Buzzyone Posted at 2-1 10:05
Just carried out the update, did it over the air (WiFi) just to see if its the problem it appears to be. Completed no problem, downloads then asks for permission to install. Takes about 10 mins & several re-boots.

This update fixes the SD card disappearing issue and disables the use of the SD card as expansion to internal memory completely.

Did update today flew for about 1 hour, everything worked really well no glitches, no transmission drops no signal problems, the screen in 1080p is really impressive.
2019-2-1
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1762336 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And updated here in the UK directly from the SRC.

As I had ticked the download from WAN box it was already 44% downloading by the time I went into System Update and watched while it downloaded and then installed with @4 reboots.

Seemed to work well but I won't be able to test it until tomorrow weather willing.

If only I could update the aircraft from the SRC without getting the disconnect error. At least the SD Card error is fixed so all that remains for me now is the aforementioned aircraft update issue and the YouTube login error I think?

Definitely getting there DJI...thanks very much!

-=Glyn=-
2019-2-1
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

hallmark007 Posted at 2-1 12:45
Did update today flew for about 1 hour, everything worked really well no glitches, no transmission drops no signal problems, the screen in 1080p is really impressive.

Good to hear!
2019-2-1
Use props
Sunstone
lvl.2
United Kingdom

ff22 Posted at 2-1 06:54
The use of an sd-card for INTERNAL (it use to be called ADOPTED, I think) was intended to supplement those early phones that did not have much internal storage and could not hold many apps.  It would making using the card as a portable transfer method impossible since it it formatted and tied to internal memory.

But you mentioned transferring files using USB.  I have not been able to find a way to do that.  I've plugged in the official usb cable (with controller purchase) and others.  I hear the usb-gong on my computer.  I get offered the choice of Charging or file or photo transfer (3 choices) but when I chose files - nothing shows up on my Win7 computer.  If I chose Photos, it shows two folders and I could move files to them.  But if I chose the generic FILES option, NO DRIVES or folders show up.

Have you had much luck ?

I had exaclty the same issue but managed to fix it.

I noted that whenever I plugged in the SC I heard the connection sound but nothing appeared under the My Computer.

Also under Device Manager the device had a yellow warning and I noted that the driver wasnt either being found or not being setup correctly.

I too got the same 3 options on the SC whenever I plugged it in.

Now then, to fix mine, I updated the Assistant 2 to the latest version. By doing so it installed the latest driver for the SC and all was well, well kind of. Heres the link :

https://www.dji.com/uk/downloads ... ant-dji-2-for-mavic

When I say kind of, I still get the 3 options when I plug in but...Assistant 2 only connects to the SC if I choose 'Charge This Device' but I dont get the drives under My Computer.

Now If I choose the other 2 options, the drives appear and I can access the files just fine.

I hope this helps.

Currently all is working well with my Mavic 2 Pro running firmware v01.00.0360.. Have put some flights in and so far all is as good as before as was with the standard controller, except with all the benefits I'd hoped to get. brighter screen and less faff all round.

Im sure theres more to come too. Im looking forward to Litchi support because quite simply Waypoints 2.0 still requiring the M2P to be switched on isnt brillant. Although the screen is awesome, its still fiddly to properly carryout Waypoint routes. I can only say this because Litchi's online interface is brilliant.

Anyway, All good so far. Hopefully you will get yours sorted too.

2019-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules