5696 14 2019-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
geoffz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

Since Crystalsky owners are unable to install Google Play Store app...

How is it possible to access and install the latest Go4 update.

There's an apk file available (SD card via hdmi port) but the Crystalsky keeps asking for an play store app to install it.

Anyone have any suggestions

2019-1-31
Use props
Sky Donkey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

The android app (APK) is not compatible with the Crystalsky. It will not install work or update.  

CS users simply have to wait until DJI pull their fingers out and release the update.

I truly hope any perspective CS and future CS2 purchasers brows the forums and see how DJI have nothing but utter contempt for their customer base.
2019-1-31
Use props
geoffz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Sky Donkey Posted at 1-31 11:19
The android app (APK) is not compatible with the Crystalsky. It will not install work or update.  

CS users simply have to wait until DJI pull their fingers out and release the update.

I agree with your assessments.

Another thread regarding the hyperlaspse 'task library' that is not available for CS users...and dji I chimed in to say it would be taken care of soon...with the next Android update. (I didn't see anything to that effect with 4.3.12!)

However, I do remember back in November I installed an apk file (4.3.4 update) via SD Card onto the CS 'before' dji released it.

Someone had pulled it off of south african, it had been released there prior to north america.

For the life of me, I can't remember the steps I took to install it.
2019-1-31
Use props
KerryG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

You update the GO 4 app on the CS by going to Me -> Settings -> Check for update
2019-1-31
Use props
Sky Donkey
lvl.4
United Kingdom

geoffz Posted at 1-31 11:35
I agree with your assessments.

Another thread regarding the hyperlaspse 'task library' that is not available for CS users...and dji I chimed in to say it would be taken care of soon...with the next Android update. (I didn't see anything to that effect with 4.3.12!)

Yes geoffz, that was me .. That posted the CS APK.

I imaging the smart controller will end up the same as the CS in a few months or so, being as it is a custom android app also.... once the sales drop off... follow the money not the support...

anyhow lessons learnt ..... I'll hold onto my money next time...
2019-1-31
Use props
maven4336
lvl.2
Flight distance : 619974 ft
United States

Why did they use android in the smart controller, just do not get it,My phantom 4pro + has the android, bug city, I’m debating on return,is anyone else going to return there’s or just wait until they address this new firmware issue, I’m so tryed of these crappie firmware updates
2019-1-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. I'm afraid that the latest DJI Go 4 app version for Android device is not compatible with our Crystal Sky, however, we've received a suggestion from other DJI Forum members to have an update with the application on the crystal sky itself and we've managed to forward it to our designated department. Please pay attention for further updates. Thank you for understanding.
2019-1-31
Use props
Sky Donkey
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 1-31 14:56
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. I'm afraid that the latest DJI Go 4 app version for Android device is not compatible with our Crystal Sky, however, we've received a suggestion from other DJI Forum members to have an update with the application on the crystal sky itself and we've managed to forward it to our designated department. Please pay attention for further updates. Thank you for understanding.

You've had a suggestion from forums members that you should update the CS application ?

Are you serious ? Does DJI need reminding about this ….. TRULY SHOCKING SUPPORT

Really, if you cant tell us when the update is coming and have nothing positive to say then don't bother posting anything ….. ridiculous
2019-1-31
Use props
paul2660
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10331 ft
  • >>>
United States

Got to love it.  What a joke.  I guess DJI can claim that since the Crystalsky supports, the Phantom and Inspire and other models, they don't have to update the DJIgo4 app with the latest features. for just the MP2.

DJI's continuing slow update support for the Crystalsky continues.
I had hoped that with the new MP2 controller with built in screen (which also runs android), that updates for the CS would happen faster.  Guess they both use unique Android verions.  I believe that the new controller with built in screen has the waypoint support doesnt' it?

Paul C

2019-1-31
Use props
djiuser_xf1kcl5j79XP
New

United Kingdom

Has everyone who's bought a CS been ripped off ?
2019-2-1
Use props
geoffz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_xf1kcl5j79XP Posted at 2-1 15:31

I think over the long term it will have been a ripoff.

DJI...like most tech camera companies are all about planned obsolesces.

A new model always succeeds the previous.
Obviously referring to the new 'smart controller'.

The endless app/firmware updates are designed to keep you hooked into the marketing process.

They all decide who's gonna get what, where and when.

Sure they could come up with the ultimate product with all the bells and whistles but they'd be out a business shortly after.
2019-2-1
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

paul2660 Posted at 1-31 17:23
Got to love it.  What a joke.  I guess DJI can claim that since the Crystalsky supports, the Phantom and Inspire and other models, they don't have to update the DJIgo4 app with the latest features. for just the MP2.

DJI's continuing slow update support for the Crystalsky continues.
The SRC does have waypoints available.

I also read that they need to separate the OS and DJI app, so they don’t have to keep upgrading the OS.  Lock the OS to a specific version and allow the CS/SRC users to download the app.  I guess since the play store can’t be installed, that does pose an issue.  

I think they should make their own standalone update app that simply downloads the latest android version and installs it.  
2019-2-1
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_xf1kcl5j79XP Posted at 2-1 15:31

Depends upon how you define ''ripped off''.  
2019-2-1
Use props
flightlogicRV9
lvl.3
United States

Sky Donkey Posted at 1-31 11:19

prospective     browse    LOL
2019-2-4
Use props
geoffz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

flightlogicRV9 Posted at 2-4 08:36
prospective     browse    LOL

Crystal Sky Users!

Update has Finally arrived!!