Waypoint Curve Size - can you set it in the DJI Go4 App?
2172 8 2019-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Steve R67
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1112103 ft
United Kingdom

Hi folks. My first posting :-). I'm just getting into using Waypoints with the Mavic 2 Pro. The turns at each waypoint seem very tight and therefore no good for continuous filming. Is there a way to smooth out those curves without creating lots of waypoints to get round each turn? I have looked online and in the DJI Go4 app but can't seem to find anything that tells me how to create a smooth flight around each waypoint. Would love some help if anyone knows. Thanks.
2019-1-31
Use props
djl61
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795810 ft
United States

Yes you can set the size of the radius of the curve. In Route Settings choose Arc then at each point you can set the radius of the arc.

2019-1-31
Use props
Steve R67
lvl.2
United Kingdom

djl61 Posted at 1-31 13:00
Yes you can set the size of the radius of the curve. In Route Settings choose Arc then at each point you can set the radius of the arc.

Got it :-). Brilliant. Thank you. Will set up a route tonight and give it a go tomorrow. Happy days.
2019-1-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Like Djl61 mentioned, you may try to use the arc route mode on waypoints to possibly achieved your query. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.
2019-1-31
Use props
Steve R67
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 1-31 13:36
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Like Djl61 mentioned, you may try to use the arc route mode on waypoints to possibly achieved your query. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.

Just to update - found route settings & arc & change the radius size & it worked a treat. Just in time for filming in Dunkeld (Scotland) next week. A flight over the cathedral, dropping down to the river, skimming along the river & under the Thomas Telford Bridge..........I tried this manually but could never get a smooth faultless run all the way. Using waypoints and big radius's will be ideal. Cheers for the help.
2019-2-4
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Steve R67 Posted at 2-4 09:16
Just to update - found route settings & arc & change the radius size & it worked a treat. Just in time for filming in Dunkeld (Scotland) next week. A flight over the cathedral, dropping down to the river, skimming along the river & under the Thomas Telford Bridge..........I tried this manually but could never get a smooth faultless run all the way. Using waypoints and big radius's will be ideal. Cheers for the help.

Awesome! I thought you could not set the arch radius in WP2.0, which seemed like a severe limitation. Now I definitely need to experiment with that!
2019-2-4
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 917087 ft
Italy

I have also noticed that when you plan (waypoint) to take pictures Djgo4 does not focus and shoot "randomly" making blurred photos (tried in the evening in an environment lit only by light of street lamps). Have you noticed this too?
2019-2-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Steve R67 Posted at 2-4 09:16

Hi, thanks for your update. Glad to know that the concern seems to be solved. You may please always have a safe flight. Thank you for continued support.
2019-2-4
Use props
bikoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1534987 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

djl61 Posted at 1-31 13:00

Thank you so much
2019-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules