OTG Cable Setup
1751 12 2019-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PatriotArcher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 82169 ft
United States

Hey, I've been having trouble getting my otg cable to connect. I've watched youtube vids and everything but I can't figure out what's going on. If y'all could check my procedure that would be great.1. I turn on the remote.
2. Turn on the drone.
3. Plug the phone into the remote.
4. Open DJI Go 4
5. Problem occurs when the phone never showes up as connected.
2019-1-31
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

Well, your procedure is the same is mine. So it’s either the phone or the otg cable. Is your phone compatible  ?
2019-1-31
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Hi,

Which phone are you using? Your phone is proably not supporting OTG. I heard that on some phones, one can enable that in the Android settings.
When I considered using OTG on my phone, I first tried if I can access my digital camera via an OTG cable from my phone. That worked, so phone supported it. So I tried that same cable with the Spark R/C, worked too...I was not really anticipating that. Then purchased a proper, short cable from Amazon. Works nicely since then, no problems. DJI did a nice job there!

Cheers,
Wolferl
2019-2-1
Use props
PatriotArcher
lvl.4
United States

Wolferl Posted at 2-1 05:03
Hi,

Which phone are you using? Your phone is proably not supporting OTG. I heard that on some phones, one can enable that in the Android settings.

It's an Asus running android V 7.0
Where would I find that in settings?
2019-2-1
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

PatriotArcher Posted at 2-1 06:14
It's an Asus running android V 7.0
Where would I find that in settings?

I googled it for you:
https://www.asus.com/de/support/FAQ/1007467/

Asus is even offering an online chat at the bottom of that webpage.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2019-2-1
Use props
PatriotArcher
lvl.4
United States

Wolferl Posted at 2-1 06:16
I googled it for you:
https://www.asus.com/de/support/FAQ/1007467/

Thank you!
2019-2-1
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

You first need to connect one side of the cable to phone FIRST, than to the remote. And it must be the host side of the OTG. Remote must also establish the connection with the Spark to get the video feed.
2019-2-1
Use props
PatriotArcher
lvl.4
United States

My phone's not OTG compatible Hopefully I have an old one around here that works.
2019-2-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day PatriotArcher. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the OTG cable setup.  Have you tried to use a different mobile device that is recommended for your DJI Spark? Upon checking the mobile device that you are using  Asus android V 7.0. I am sorry to say that the mobile device that you are using is still not recommended for your DJI Spark. Actually, there is a  possibility that the Asus android V 7.0 will work, however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Go 4 application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the DJI Go 4 application if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any problem. Thank you.

2019-2-1
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

PatriotArcher Posted at 2-1 07:48
My phone's not OTG compatible Hopefully I have an old one around here that works.

It does not matter if your phone is or is not OTG compatible.
Remote controller is the host and your phone is just a client.
Pretty much as if you would connect it to the PC to get files.
2019-2-1
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Second Officer
United States

PatriotArcher Posted at 2-1 07:48
My phone's not OTG compatible Hopefully I have an old one around here that works.

Did you enable  developer options in settings  ?  If not, try that then go into Developer Options and change the USB port from "Charging" to MIDI or MTP (  media transfer protocol ) so try both ( not charging) MTP should work because MIDI is musical interface device   
when you plug your otg cable into the phone does it charge your phone from the controller?
2019-2-1
Use props
PatriotArcher
lvl.4
United States

Sayhelloforme Posted at 2-1 20:05
Did you enable  developer options in settings  ?  If not, try that then go into Developer Options and change the USB port from "Charging" to MIDI or MTP (  media transfer protocol ) so try both ( not charging) MTP should work because MIDI is musical interface device   
when you plug your otg cable into the phone does it charge your phone from the controller?

No when I plugged it in nothing happened. No charging.
2019-2-2
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Second Officer
United States

PatriotArcher Posted at 2-2 06:37
No when I plugged it in nothing happened. No charging.

well I guess that phone is unfortunately incompatible. I had an older iPhone That I got to work that was incompatible but it would freeze up time to time. So it’s better to get a device that is compatible for best results. Maybe you could get one off of eBay. I wish you luck.
2019-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules