Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Compass calibration error
1402 13 2019-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Anilida
lvl.1

Argentina

I bought a new mavic air, made all firmware updates. Calibrated imu and opti system. But when i try to calibrate compass i get "magnetic interference error". No matter where i  go, beach, field, etc. I even moved the MA more than 50kms and tried to recalibrate. I could only fly it a couple of times, but as soon as i land i get the error and cant take off.

I dont wear any electronic devices or metal objets when im calibrating, also there is no ferrus or concret near by.

Also when i get into sensor status, and check compass status it stays in green. But when i try to calibrate it, I get the error.

What can i do to get it to calibrate?

2019-2-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, sorry for all the trouble. Please provide a short video showing the issue for further check. You can upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here. You can restore the settings to factory defaults and refresh the firmware using DJI Asssistant 2. Please download the software here: https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads and follow the video tutorial below. After that, kindly try to recalibrate the compass, thank you.

2019-2-1
Use props
Anilida
lvl.1

Argentina

I downloaded the software, did firmware upgrade to the latest version, calibrated IMU and opti system with the sowftware. But when i try to calibrate the compass no matter where i go i get an error. No matter if i got green bars on compass status.

[/url] here is a link with the location and procedure i take to calibrate. Was filming with the gopro. Later i will try to upload another video. Also i was far away to not cause interferences with the camera or cellphone.
2019-2-1
Use props
Anilida
lvl.1

Argentina

Also now im getting this error.
2019-2-2
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

Anilida Posted at 2-2 10:48
[view_image]

Now this is hilarious. How customer can check if compass is installed in correct direction?
2019-2-2
Use props
Anilida
lvl.1

Argentina

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-1 08:24
Hi there, sorry for all the trouble. Please provide a short video showing the issue for further check. You can upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here. You can restore the settings to factory defaults and refresh the firmware using DJI Asssistant 2. Please download the software here: https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads and follow the video tutorial below. After that, kindly try to recalibrate the compass, thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPmWvxeSp7E

Did FW downgrade, tried to calibrate, did a upgrade to current firmware with no success. Any sugestions?
2019-2-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Anilida Posted at 2-5 04:45
Did FW downgrade, tried to calibrate, did a upgrade to current firmware with no success. Any sugestions?

Hi, thanks for your update. We're sorry to know that the situation is still the same after the troubleshooting steps. You may connect your mobile device directly to the aircraft via wi-fi and try to re-calibrate the compass. If the troubleshooting steps are exhausted, we would recommend contacting our support via the link below for further help in regards to this concern. Please see the link below for reference. Thank you for understanding.

www.dji.com/support
2019-2-5
Use props
Anilida
lvl.1

Argentina

I contacted DJI support, I get the same message over wifi, and on diferent cellphones.
2019-2-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Anilida Posted at 2-7 04:32
I contacted DJI support, I get the same message over wifi, and on diferent cellphones.

Hi Anilida,my apologies for the late response. Please keep us posted on the latest update of your case, we're here to help. Appreciate your patience and understanding.
2019-2-8
Use props
fans68f8d40a
lvl.1

Brazil

Im having the same issue, since i bought the mavic air 2 weeks ago, i did 4 flights, and every time needs to calibrate the compass, its frustating spend 20 minutes every time i try to fly it, and yesterday i spend half of a baterry trying to calibrate and give up the flight.
Have you solved your problem?
2019-2-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans68f8d40a Posted at 2-10 06:40
Im having the same issue, since i bought the mavic air 2 weeks ago, i did 4 flights, and every time needs to calibrate the compass, its frustating spend 20 minutes every time i try to fly it, and yesterday i spend half of a baterry trying to calibrate and give up the flight.
Have you solved your problem?

Hi, we're sorry for troubles the troubles that it caused. Did the application automatically ask you to re-calibrate the compass of your drone upon turning on the aircraft? Are you getting an error message on the app during the calibration? Did you manage to update the firmware? Please keep us posted on the latest information. Thank you for your support.
2019-2-10
Use props
Rafael Monte
lvl.1

Brazil

DJI Tony Posted at 2-10 14:57
Hi, we're sorry for troubles the troubles that it caused. Did the application automatically ask you to re-calibrate the compass of your drone upon turning on the aircraft? Are you getting an error message on the app during the calibration? Did you manage to update the firmware? Please keep us posted on the latest information. Thank you for your support.

Yes, when i turn on every time says "cannot take off" calibrate the compass, then the calibration fails or sometimes its says "compass calibration complete" but remains on the screen "rotate the aircraft 360º vertically" and it does not disappear, i have to cancel the process and start the compass calibration again for many times, moving location and praying it to work.
when i finally get it done and fly the aircraft many times, it says again to calibrate the compass.
Yesterday i restored factory settings and updated again, i go out to test it today, did the calibration for about 10 times, after that i was flying then apears again during the flight compass calibration error.
2019-2-10
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Anilida Posted at 2-2 10:48
[view_image]

wait... that error... did someone at DJI install the compass backwards?
2019-2-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Rafael Monte Posted at 2-10 20:10
Yes, when i turn on every time says "cannot take off" calibrate the compass, then the calibration fails or sometimes its says "compass calibration complete" but remains on the screen "rotate the aircraft 360º vertically" and it does not disappear, i have to cancel the process and start the compass calibration again for many times, moving location and praying it to work.
when i finally get it done and fly the aircraft many times, it says again to calibrate the compass.
Yesterday i restored factory settings and updated again, i go out to test it today, did the calibration for about 10 times, after that i was flying then apears again during the flight compass calibration error.

Hi, thanks for the update. We're sorry to know that after the troubleshooting steps, the problem still persists. Flying the aircraft with the compass problem would be risky and may cause an incident. Therefore, we would recommend contacting our support via the link below for further evaluation of the drone. Please let us know if you have other concerns. Thank you for continued support.

www.dji.com/support
2019-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules