Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How do I change my Avatar?
3270 20 2019-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Boffin
First Officer
Australia

Hi all, getting fed up with the Phantom avatar so when I go to 'my settings' I cannot find a way to change my pic. Just asks me to confirm password and then nothing!

Probably dumb as dog... LoL but all help appreciated!

* Bof *

2019-2-1
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Are you doing it on your pc?
2019-2-1
Use props
Boffin
First Officer
Australia

maddox Posted at 2-1 23:40
Are you doing it on your pc?

Yep, Win 10 HP laptop. I have a nice Aussie avatar ready to go but cannot work out how to change it
2019-2-2
Use props
Joe.Mavic.D.HH
First Officer
Flight distance : 8230085 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Used to be on ' Personal Homepage / Settings ', But it doesn't work any more  
...perhaps I'm missin somethin, never tried to.
2019-2-2
Use props
TruGreen
Captain
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

personal homepage > settings > set new avatar. is seems Adobe flash player must be enabled to change
2019-2-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Boffin Posted at 2-2 00:54
Yep, Win 10 HP laptop. I have a nice Aussie avatar ready to go but cannot work out how to change it

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. May I know what specific browser are you trying to use? Can you please try to log in using Google Chrome? Then go to Personal Homepage > Settings > then Set your new Avatar. If the issue persists, please let us know for further help. Thank you.
2019-2-2
Use props
Boffin
First Officer
Australia

Thanks Natalia and everybody else who answered. using Firefox browser, don't like/use  Google Chrome or Flash player. I shall try using another PC, my local library has plenty
2019-2-2
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Boffin Posted at 2-2 13:46
Thanks Natalia and everybody else who answered. using Firefox browser, don't like/use  Google Chrome or Flash player. I shall try using another PC, my local library has plenty

You're welcome!
Happy flying!
2019-2-3
Use props
BobB
Captain
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Boffin Posted at 2-2 13:46

Don't think i would be using a library PC and sign in to any place on the net with my password info....
2019-2-3
Use props
Mick_._._._._
New
Australia

I’m having the same problem but I’m using an iPad and entering the forum via the Go4 app. There doesn’t seem to be any way to change it
2019-3-14
Use props
HH1
Captain
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

I got help from dji support named Avan, and now I have the avatar I wanted, thank you Avan, and looks like Natalia has helped others as well, thank you.
2019-3-15
Use props
Boffin
First Officer
Australia

HH1 Posted at 3-15 12:35
I got help from dji support named Avan, and now I have the avatar I wanted, thank you Avan, and looks like Natalia has helped others as well, thank you.

Thanks. I decided that public library is not secure enough as BobB pointed out so shall try another method (contacting DJI)
2019-3-15
Use props
HH1
Captain
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Boffin Posted at 3-15 14:44
Thanks. I decided that public library is not secure enough as BobB pointed out so shall try another method (contacting DJI)

Sounds like a winner
2019-3-15
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

#1: Personal Homepage  #2: Settings  #3: Browse  #4: Choose your picture

If you are missing #3 your probably need to try a different browser or adjust your Flash settings
profile pic.jpg
2019-3-15
Use props
Boffin
First Officer
Australia

Bing Err Posted at 3-15 22:49

If you are missing #3 your probably need to try a different browser or adjust your Flash settings

Yep, that's my problem. I don't use Flash (neither does my local library) due to the security 'issues' Flash Problems. I use Firefox as a browser at is is the least intrusive of all readily available browsers.

I can see no reason to use it (Flash) for an avatar except for animation and it would make life much easier if DJI just accepted GIF, TIFF or JPEG files for something so basic.

I have PM'd an admin and asked if I might email my new avatar to DJI - still waiting for a reply.

Thank you for replying though, it is appreciated
2019-3-15
Use props
allenbirnbach
New

United States

Did anyone get this resolved?  I'm using Firefox, but the area to set an Avatar is greyed out.  I'm not able to do anything.  Thanks for any suggestions.
2020-1-10
Use props
TacticalKarma
lvl.1

Austria

Bing Err Posted at 2019-3-15 22:49

Thanks dude!
2020-1-15
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

no problem
2020-1-18
Use props
IC360Images
lvl.1
Flight distance : 531539 ft
United States

morning, i am using chrome on a windows 10 pc and when i go to settings, it says that adobe flash is blocked. I understand chrome blocks flash as flash is old and unsafe. Is there a way around this?
2020-3-31
Use props
IC360Images
lvl.1
United States

IC360Images Posted at 3-31 05:39
morning, i am using chrome on a windows 10 pc and when i go to settings, it says that adobe flash is blocked. I understand chrome blocks flash as flash is old and unsafe. Is there a way around this?

replying to my own question here....
i was able to change the avatar on my phone. I then synced my flight data and am now wondering if the new avatar will also upload to the desktop website. Its been around 5 hours since i made the change and so far, the new avatar does not appear on the website.  
2020-3-31
Use props
IC360Images
lvl.1
United States

IC360Images Posted at 3-31 10:35
replying to my own question here....
i was able to change the avatar on my phone. I then synced my flight data and am now wondering if the new avatar will also upload to the desktop website. Its been around 5 hours since i made the change and so far, the new avatar does not appear on the website.

solved....i realized that  i could temporarily allow flash to run on the page and upload the avatar.
2020-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules