Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Histogram directly on touch screen
3831 14 2019-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Giammi
Captain
Flight distance : 847795 ft
Italy

Hi, Pro mode directly on the touchscreen is a great feature. But now, when it comes to exposure setting, is a bit tricky to set it properly. No zebra and no histogram make it quite difficult to understand is we are exposing correctly.
Would it be possible to add at least a simple histogram directly on the touch screen?
Thank you!
2019-2-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I’m sure it’s possible, if to small you can’t see it, if to big it takes up to much screen space, maybe a push button option , like maybe remove that button that on first push changes photo to video, it’s a bit of a nuisance, and allow it to be set for histogram on/off,
2019-2-2
Use props
Arc Light
Second Officer
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2-2 04:54
I’m sure it’s possible, if to small you can’t see it, if to big it takes up to much screen space, maybe a push button option , like maybe remove that button that on first push changes photo to video, it’s a bit of a nuisance, and allow it to be set for histogram on/off,

I would love zebras when using the Osmo Pocket without a phone.  This wouldn't take up screen real estate and would help manage proper exposure better.
2019-2-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Arc Light Posted at 2-2 05:31
I would love zebras when using the Osmo Pocket without a phone.  This wouldn't take up screen real estate and would help manage proper exposure better.

I actually think it would be better have like those red ants around what’s in focus, zebra stripes I’m not so sure on such a small screen.
2019-2-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for sharing your feedback and suggestion to our Osmo Pocket. No worries, your suggestion will be forwarded to our R&D department for future request. If there is any help needed, please let us know. Thank you.
2019-2-2
Use props
Giammi
Captain
Flight distance : 847795 ft
Italy

DJI Natalia Posted at 2-2 09:59
Hi there, thank you for sharing your feedback and suggestion to our Osmo Pocket. No worries, your suggestion will be forwarded to our R&D department for future request. If there is any help needed, please let us know. Thank you.

I made a quick example with Photoshop. Just to say that something like this would be enough. At least to understand if we're clipping highlights or shadows.

Thank you.
2019-2-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Giammi Posted at 2-5 07:55
I made a quick example with Photoshop. Just to say that something like this would be enough. At least to understand if we're clipping highlights or shadows.

[view_image]

Hi, thank you for providing me with this sample image. Should you have other question, please let us know. Thank you.
2019-2-5
Use props
Arc Light
Second Officer
Canada

[view_image]

I like what you've done with the histogram in the black portion of the screen, this would work nicely without eating up screen realestate!  
2019-2-5
Use props
forbsie
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

[view_image]

Nice mockup! Your suggestion would work well, .. I'd just have to wear glasses all the time to be able to read it
2019-2-5
Use props
VICPASHMIscreen
lvl.1

United States

I am in favor of your suggestion and hope that it can be achieved. I bought a new pro hmi touch screen accessory to replace the original one.
2019-2-15
Use props
AndyUS19
lvl.3

United States

I think OP lcd is way too small to be useful. I mostly have to squint my eyes just to have a general view of what I'm filming.  Usually, i have to attach my phone (with adapter), unless I'm in a rush or in the crowded area, then I don't use phone.  One thing I wish that OP can be a bit bigger. I don't have big hand, but OP almost lost in my hand covering the lcd if I want to hold it firmly. I'm thinking of getting Polarpro case with tripod mount. It'll create more grip to hold. Anyone using it?
2019-2-16
Use props
mharris240
lvl.1

United States

Giammi Posted at 2019-2-5 07:55

[view_image]

I think your mock-up would work fine. I just need the histogram as a reference.
2020-7-10
Use props
djiuser_KK1YdysKFVQ0
New

United States

I know this is an old post but I just got a DJI Pocket 2 and having a zebra or histogram function without needing the phone would be helpful. Not having it almost defeats the purpose of PRO mode. Would this be possible to implement in a future firmware update?
2020-11-18
Use props
TomiToivonen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 722343 ft
  • >>>
Finland

djiuser_KK1YdysKFVQ0 Posted at 2020-11-18 06:58
I know this is an old post but I just got a DJI Pocket 2 and having a zebra or histogram function without needing the phone would be helpful. Not having it almost defeats the purpose of PRO mode. Would this be possible to implement in a future firmware update?

Same here. It's really hard to define correct exposure based on screen only.

I have 3 feature requests that would make Pocket 2 perfect.
- Histogram and/or zebras
- Cinelike profile on 4K 60fps
- Automate motions
  (same as in motionlapse, but in normal video)
2021-1-25
Use props
producerboy
New

United States

I'd love to be able to adjust the zebras. Like if I want to expose for 70 IRE on a caucasian face, for example.
2021-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules