Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Camera overexposed?
5986 9 2019-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flyinghighinthesky
lvl.1
Israel

Dear DJI experts,
I am a new Mavic 2 Pro User and have just used is for the first time in the open. Somehow though, the photos seem to be too bright.
How can I change this?
Thank you in advance!
B82FBE8D-4978-44CA-9449-526B04845A9E.jpeg
A24C8C90-1A8C-46CB-84AE-E6A86EC35F29.jpeg
AB41268F-6E08-4ACF-BAC7-E680DA69ECC5.jpeg
2019-2-2
Use props
TruGreen
Captain
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

play with the right wheel and lower the exposure
2019-2-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day flyinghighinthesky. Welcome to DJI Forum and thank you for the inquiry. You may try using an ND Filter for your drone to reduce the brightness of the picture that you are capturing. I will be posting a link where you can find the DJI Mavic 2 Pro ND Filters Set. I hope this can help you. Thank you.

https://store.dji.com/product/ma ... lete&position=0

2019-2-2
Use props
toad007
lvl.3
Flight distance : 39652 ft
United Kingdom

Just trying my new Platinum, camera rather poor.  I did have an Anafi which had better camera but it failed and I managed to part ex it for the Platinum.  Very nice but camera not really of any use.  
Will filters help ?
2019-2-22
Use props
Brett Brandon
Second Officer
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.
2019-2-22
Use props
patriotdrone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1572740 ft
United States

Brett Brandon Posted at 2-22 10:19
It should be able to do much better than that without filters for pictures. Are you shooting in Auto? You haven't posted any settings...

I agree ...even in Auto, you shouldn't be this overexposed. Check your settings and let us know what you are shooting at.
2019-2-22
Use props
Brett Brandon
Second Officer
United States

2019-2-22
Use props
Brett Brandon
Second Officer
United States

2019-2-22
Use props
toad007
lvl.3
Flight distance : 39652 ft
United Kingdom

Brett

Thanks for your comprehensive reply.  You would have thought that Auto meant Auto but I know you can tweak exposure in some cameras, my first stills were obviously over exposed.  I would point out with photography i started doing B&W processing 50 years ago !!
So a lot to learn about the Mavic.  Here is first video today, a bit better.  I know the camera can do good things, its just me.
I have been flying drones for several years, at least 5 years with £50 ones, then the Anafi which failed and I part exed it for the Mavic Plat expecting better design, and of course you can get the Refresh which experience has now taught me you need.
Look forward to many happy hours with this thing, going to Scotland this Sept so it will be ideal.

https://youtu.be/KYscn7X01G0

Alan
2019-2-23
Use props
flyinghighinthesky
lvl.1
Switzerland

Dear @TruGreen, @DJI Stephen, @Brett Brandon, @patriotdrone,

Thank you very much for your great advice to my post. When I posted this several months ago, it was right after my first flight with the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and therefore, I was not experienced at all. I am still not experienced, but at least the photos do somehow not look overexposed anymore.

@toad007, nice video that you posted - it does not look overexposed to me. Also, the newer videos look great - over Midfield Coast, Talmine Coast, and Bamburgh Castle. In case not everyone has seen those already:

the footage reveals the big bicycle drawing in the meadow in front of the castle (at 0:32)

All in all, it seems like the Scotland trip went well for @toad007!

I appreciate the help of this community, which is the support you give, @TruGreen, @DJI Stephen, @Brett Brandon, @patriotdrone!

Thank you!
2019-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules