Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin-M - Lens Image Stabilization? Best Lenses?
1444 3 2019-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lindmando
New
United States

Hey, everyone!

I bought a Ronin-M last year and love it.

A couple of questions:

Is it wise to have lens image stabliziation on ON the lens when using the Ronin-M?

Example: I have a Canon 24-105 with IS, and I usually leave it on when I shoot. I haven't seemed to have any issues with my Ronin-M footage when it's left on. Also, I have a 24mm Sigma Art lense, that I've also used with the Ronin as well. But that footage looks pretty awful when I use that lens on the Ronin. I know that I am balacing the Ronin correctly.

My second question: What are the best lenses for the Ronin-M? I shoot with an EOS R, and C100s.

Thanks, everyone!
2019-2-2
Use props
Lindmando
New
United States

Bump?

Anyone have input on this?
2019-3-4
Use props
PhilippN
lvl.1

Czechia

An additional (lens) stabilisation is not recommended as it could interfere with the gimbal itself and cause worse results.The reality is though that I have seen people using it and it worked for them. It is pretty tricky to get the ronin perfectly smooth.
Generally - wider lens means less potential problems with shakiness.
2020-9-21
Use props
GordonS27
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I use the c100 mk ii with the ronin-m, I've tried a mix of lenses with and without in built IS, if you're working without it, using warp stabiliser in premiere/after effects usually takes the movement out of it, especially judders around footsteps etc. but I tend to use the Canon 16-35mm with the IS on and it looks very smooth then add warp stabiliser to make it as smooth as possible.
2020-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules