1343 21 2019-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
YiannisPavlis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2078543 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi there ,anyone knows why lately the photos are soft at the upper left part ?
2019-2-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the reaching out. May I know if you experiencing this kind of scenario in different places? Have you tried to change your camera settings? If not, could you please try to reset your camera settings so we can check? It would be nice also if you can upload a sample photo so we can analyze. Thank you.
2019-2-2
Use props
YiannisPavlis
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Thank  you for the reply ,i have notice this the last week for the first time ,here two photos
2019-2-2
Use props
YiannisPavlis
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Hi any news or suggestions about the softness at the upper part ?
2019-2-4
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 917087 ft
Italy

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D541%26typeid%3D541
2019-2-7
Use props
YiannisPavlis
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

EnricoBrun Posted at 2-7 05:58
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=165897&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D541%26typeid%3D541

Thanks but doesnt help to fix the issue
2019-2-7
Use props
Ssäsch
lvl.4
Spain

It looks like sensor / lens misalignment and can only be fixed at hardware level. Send your drone in to get it replaced...
And I wanna add, espacially the top left corner is the worst instance of this I have yet seen...
2019-2-7
Use props
YiannisPavlis
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Ssäsch Posted at 2-7 06:21
It looks like sensor / lens misalignment and can only be fixed at hardware level. Send your drone in to get it replaced...
And I wanna add, espacially the top left corner is the worst instance of this I have yet seen...

well  after i reset the camera settings looks like is ok now ,i tested with some photos
2019-2-7
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Italy

YiannisPavlis Posted at 2-7 06:05
Thanks but doesnt help to fix the issue

Of course, but at least one user has listed where to look at least
2019-2-7
Use props
Ssäsch
lvl.4
Spain

Still quite a bit less sharp in the upper and left part of the image. Try shooting straight down at a decent height onto a patch of grass or gravel with a lot of contrast (and choose a decent altitude to maximize depth of field). You will see a lot better which areas of your image are problematic.
2019-2-7
Use props
YiannisPavlis
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Ssäsch Posted at 2-7 06:32
Still quite a bit less sharp in the upper and left part of the image. Try shooting straight down at a decent height onto a patch of grass or gravel with a lot of contrast (and choose a decent altitude to maximize depth of field). You will see a lot better which areas of your image are problematic.

straight down is fine   i think it is
2019-2-7
Use props
YiannisPavlis
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Ssäsch Posted at 2-7 06:32
Still quite a bit less sharp in the upper and left part of the image. Try shooting straight down at a decent height onto a patch of grass or gravel with a lot of contrast (and choose a decent altitude to maximize depth of field). You will see a lot better which areas of your image are problematic.

Thanks for the input
2019-2-7
Use props
Ssäsch
lvl.4
Spain

For me it looks like there is a weird mushy out of focus area on the left side with it being the strongest in the top left corner. Compare it to the upper or lower right corners, cropping out these parts and pasting them next to each other. Upper left seems to have issues to me.
Check the linked thread, a few other people, including me, had similiar issues. Don't get me wrong, you are probably not gonna get a perfect picture edge-sharpness wise out of this sensor / lens combination at that pricepoint. But I think it should be better than this. Then again you can choose to live with it as is, a replacement is gonna take some time.
2019-2-7
Use props
YiannisPavlis
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Ssäsch Posted at 2-7 06:55
For me it looks like there is a weird mushy out of focus area on the left side with it being the strongest in the top left corner. Compare it to the upper or lower right corners, cropping out these parts and pasting them next to each other. Upper left seems to have issues to me.
Check the linked thread, a few other people, including me, had similiar issues. Don't get me wrong, you are probably not gonna get a perfect picture edge-sharpness wise out of this sensor / lens combination at that pricepoint. But I think it should be better than this. Then again you can choose to live with it as is, a replacement is gonna take some time.

Thanks maybe after my upcoming trip to Norway i will send it back to DJI although every time i send something back ,it came with a new problem  
2019-2-7
Use props
Ssäsch
lvl.4
Spain

YiannisPavlis Posted at 2-7 07:01
Thanks maybe after my upcoming trip to Norway i will send it back to DJI although every time i send something back ,it came with a new problem

Yeah, that's what I meant by "you can choose to live with it". Might aswell get worse, some people in the other thread had to do 2 or 3 exchanges.
2019-2-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

YiannisPavlis Posted at 2-7 07:01

Need to take a picture that has same stuff on upper left as on upper right.
The cut out middle and cut off bottom of high resolution (Raw) picture.  Then you can get a better upper side to upper side comparison.
2019-2-7
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Italy

I do not think that every photo should be completely in focus in every corner, otherwise the function to touch on screen the area where to concentrate the focus would no longer exist
2019-2-7
Use props
Ssäsch
lvl.4
Switzerland

EnricoBrun Posted at 2-7 08:03
I do not think that every photo should be completely in focus in every corner, otherwise the function to touch on screen the area where to concentrate the focus would no longer exist

That feature exists so you can manually select a high contrast area that is sufficiently lit, so autofocus works best and a solid lock is ensured. With this wide angle lens / sensor combination, depth of field is insanely big and selecting different focus points will only make sense at a really close distance to the object your filming.
Of course not every pictures in gonna be evenly sharp edge to edge, but that's because of optical limitations (and cheap glass) with a lens this size.
2019-2-7
Use props
YiannisPavlis
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Ssäsch Posted at 2-7 09:03
That feature exists so you can manually select a high contrast area that is sufficiently lit, so autofocus works best and a solid lock is ensured. With this wide angle lens / sensor combination, depth of field is insanely big and selecting different focus points will only make sense at a really close distance to the object your filming.
Of course not every pictures in gonna be evenly sharp edge to edge, but that's because of optical limitations (and cheap glass) with a lens this size.

I agree ,with that  as long its in acceptable limits
2019-2-7
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Italy

I've never seen any perfectly clear picture in the corners!
2019-2-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It may help to let others know what settings you have used in each of these photos.
2019-2-7
Use props
YiannisPavlis
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2-7 13:26
It may help to let others know what settings you have used in each of these photos.

i did all the calibration s for the craft and gimbal and RC and at the end i reset the camera ,seems it helped a little because the first photos i upload they were worst
2019-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules