Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Should I be worried about my max motor speed reached message
2159 5 2019-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SLIDERRR
lvl.1
United States

Hi everyone,

Yesterday, while flying I received the max motor speed reached message twice t=during flight. I am worried as I been seeing on Youtube and through some chats that this can lead to the motor completely shutting off and crashing. When I checked the motors by spinning them there is a little resistance like how the second hand on a clock rotates. I flew it again about 20 feet in the air and nothing came up but I am worried that it could lead to something catastrophic. I only had the Spark for a month but I fly it every chance I get. Thanks for any insight you can give.
2019-2-2
Use props
StetsonWatkins
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1871611 ft
United States

Hello,

What elevation above sea level were you flying at? I have heard that the less dense air at higher altitudes (like flying in the mountains) can cause the rotors (and in turn the motors) to turn faster than they do at lower altitudes. Not sure if this is your problem but a potential explanation.

Good luck,
Stetson
2019-2-2
Use props
Mark Weiss
lvl.4
United States

I once got that message flying in A mode and hitting 63 MPH with a tail wind.
Today I was flying in P mode and got the message while flying into a moderate wind. I've never seen that in P mode before.
2019-6-9
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

How hot was it...again, this makes for less dense air and the props will spin faster.
2019-6-9
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

I had this message a couple of time. It happened whether in mountains or when strong wind was blowing and I turned full forward with a left joystick. Don't think it causes much damage to the motors if you just reduce speed of drone in that moment.  
2019-6-10
Use props
Juan_Cho
lvl.1

Colombia

Hi, I got the same message once, I live at 2.600 meters above sea level and was at about 100 meters altitude from take off, I got the message both while flying and moving forward. I had also seen cases where people got the message and spark drop straight down... so it is scary! I was flying in sport mode, so I turned to normal and continued on slowly... It would be nice t hear about this from DJI. thanx!
2019-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules