SC and Mavic 2 Pro Problems
1483 15 2019-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ttyndall
lvl.2

United States

I wanted to see if anyone had similar problems before I call DJI Monday.
I received my Mavic 2 Pro and Smart Controller Monday. Tuesday went to update and could not connect to my WiFi at home. DJI online told me to change my passwod and IP address.
I finally went to a Starbucks with and tried their WiFi connection. It connected but when I went to enter my DJI log on it said there was not active internet connection. Then the screen went blank and would not come back. Ended up having to hold the button approximately 12 seconds to shut it off.
Went to my office where we have a secure and and unsecure (guest) network and tried the unsecure and got on. Screen went blank and again had to hold for 12 seconds to shut it off. Went back in and this time connected an did the firmware update. Battery was too low to try an update the Mavic.

Went home and this time it connected. I don't know if the firmware update did the trick or not. Turned it off and charged it. Turned it back on and after the DJI Logo appeared and disappeared the screen went blank again. It now does this about every four times. Unless someone can tell me a trick I have not been able to find a way to get it back.
It would not update the Mavic. After reading the forum I downloaded Assistant 2 and tried connecting. No Luck.  Called DJI and was told to use a different computer. I explained it
was the only one I had so he said to go find someone and use theirs. I ended up starting the computer in safe Mode and loading the drivers. I plugged in the Mavic and there was the icon. I installed the Update but when it got to 100% it said that the connection was weak and it did not know if it finished. To check the Firmware. However, the icon disappeared. Could not get it back. I plugged the controller in and it showed up.
Unplugged and turned on the Controller, guess waht happened? Turned it on again but this time a solid white page appeared telling me there was a QuiZ (What). The problem is it did not give a way to tell it No. I clicked yes and it went to another white page with the word ERROR. I could not clear the page. Had to turn it off. This happens now about every 4 times. I did get it booted and finished the firmware on the batteries.

So this took me from Tuesday to Friday. I am at work today which does not matter because I have no intention of even putting Props on and trying to fly until this gets resolved.
This is not intended to knock DJI. I was hoping if someone had a similar problem and got it resolved they could let me know. The Quiz page did not show up until I got notice Friday that there was a new firmware update for the controller and did the update.
My one day off tomorrow won't be used for testing the new Bird. Can't call DJI until Monday. O' Well, there have been worse things in life but you always get excited when you think you have a new toy to play with.
Ted
2019-2-2
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

I think I might know why. Does your WAP broadcast the same SSID in 2.4 and 5GHz?  My airport extreme allows me to use a separate SSID for each one so I can choose. At first, the SRC showed both SSID’s for my 2.4 and 5 GHz in which I connected to the 5GHz. It didn’t work (No internet conmection).  I had to “forget” it and conmect to my 2.4GHz network. After that, I was able to update like usual.

For your screen to go blank, I am not sure. I wonder if the update failed and bricked your SRC. Can you get to the settings page to initiate a factory reset?
2019-2-2
Use props
ttyndall
lvl.2

United States

Fraggboy, good to meet you.
1. The blackouts started the first time I booted it up before the firmware upgrade. I was hoping the firmware would solve the problem but it did not.
2. Now that I have done the firmware update I can get on my network so that is solved.
3. If I can go back before the Friday update I may get rid of the White Quiz screen.
4. When I get home today I may see if There is a way to go back to the previous update.
5. Still does not explain the Assistant 2 not recognizing the Mavic after the update. Tonight I will reinstall the Assistant 2 in Safe Mode and see if that solves that. I don't know why they did not verify the drivers.
6. If all this works I am still not going to gamble on flying until I solve the screen blanking out. Too much at stake.

Thanks for the help.
2019-2-2
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
United States

Ted,

By default the screen will blank out in 1 minute. You can change the setting (screen timeout).
2019-2-2
Use props
ttyndall
lvl.2

United States

Fraggboy Posted at 2-2 14:48
Ted,

By default the screen will blank out in 1 minute. You can change the setting (screen timeout).

I'm talking about turning it on and when the DJI logo appears and it blanks immediately after that.
If it was the screen saver it should go back active if i do something. It does not come back no matter what i do.
2019-2-2
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
United States

Oooh.  I haven’t hooked up the SRC to assistant yet. I know you can “refresh” the firmware (re-install it) on the AC and regular RC.

Have you tried that?  If so, I think it may be best to contact DJI and initiate a warrany replacement. Sorry.  

2019-2-2
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

First, see if you can change the screen timeout (you can briefly press the power button to turn the screen on without turning off the remote.  Drag a finger down from the top and hit the Setup/gear icon.  Find Display and change the timeout.

You can also try a Factory Reset.  Turn it on.  Again, get to Setup.  Scroll down to the Personal Section.  Factory Reset is the last of that group.
2019-2-2
Use props
ttyndall
lvl.2

United States

ff22 Posted at 2-2 19:39
First, see if you can change the screen timeout (you can briefly press the power button to turn the screen on without turning off the remote.  Drag a finger down from the top and hit the Setup/gear icon.  Find Display and change the timeout.

You can also try a Factory Reset.  Turn it on.  Again, get to Setup.  Scroll down to the Personal Section.  Factory Reset is the last of that group.

F22, pressing the power button will not turn the screen on. It will turn off if i hold it for about 12 seconds.
I"ll give the reset a try but logically it should not work because i had this trouble straight out of the box before any updates.
I'll try a reset and reload the update and see what happens.
2019-2-3
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

I didn’t have the screen problem but I did have a problem connecting to my home network. It saw it but wouldn’t take the password. I ended up making a hot spot with my phone which is on the Verizon network and connected. Didn’t like the size of the updates but after all that I’m now able to connect to my home WiFi network. Hope you sort out the screen problem.
2019-2-3
Use props
ttyndall
lvl.2

United States

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2-3 09:30
I didn’t have the screen problem but I did have a problem connecting to my home network. It saw it but wouldn’t take the password. I ended up making a hot spot with my phone which is on the Verizon network and connected. Didn’t like the size of the updates but after all that I’m now able to connect to my home WiFi network. Hope you sort out the screen problem.

Dennis, thanks. I just tried turning it on.
The first time froze at the second DJI screen. Ended up holding it 12 seconds to turn it off.
Second time it made it to the main screen. Before i could swipe the top down it froze and went blank.
Turned it off and am going to leave it alone until i call DJI in the morning.
2019-2-3
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

ttyndall Posted at 2-3 09:49
Dennis, thanks. I just tried turning it on.
The first time froze at the second DJI screen. Ended up holding it 12 seconds to turn it off.
Second time it made it to the main screen. Before i could swipe the top down it froze and went blank.

Hate to say it but sounds like you got a bad one...I just charged mine and everything worked fine except trying to connect to my network like I mentioned...sorry this happened to you and I think once you get it worked out you'll be happy with it...one tip after you get it back or a new one is make sure the antennas point down and not up...up is if its above you, down (not tucked) is if its flying away from you....I got significantly better distance and video reception. Good luck to you.
2019-2-3
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2-3 11:20
Hate to say it but sounds like you got a bad one...I just charged mine and everything worked fine except trying to connect to my network like I mentioned...sorry this happened to you and I think once you get it worked out you'll be happy with it...one tip after you get it back or a new one is make sure the antennas point down and not up...up is if its above you, down (not tucked) is if its flying away from you....I got significantly better distance and video reception. Good luck to you.

After reading original topic once or twice, I do share your opinion.... unfortunately.
2019-2-3
Use props
ttyndall
lvl.2

United States

Quick update.
I got a return shipping label last Tuesday and took it to UPS that same day. I watched tracking and it got delivered to California this morning a little after 10 am.
I just got an e-mail from DJI with a list of components I returned and all the serial numbers. It stated if everything was correctly there they would ship me a replacement in 5 to 7 business days.
Happy they are going to replace it. Sad it took 8 days to reach California and another 5 to 7 Business days before they ship the replacement.
I never even got to put the blades on it and see it leave the ground. That will make it next Tuesday to Thursday before they ship it. Cross my fingers it gets shipped before then.
2019-2-12
Use props
CyFA
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1372369 ft
  • >>>
Cyprus

ttyndall Posted at 2-12 14:28
Quick update.
I got a return shipping label last Tuesday and took it to UPS that same day. I watched tracking and it got delivered to California this morning a little after 10 am.
I just got an e-mail from DJI with a list of components I returned and all the serial numbers. It stated if everything was correctly there they would ship me a replacement in 5 to 7 business days.

Sorry to hear you had all this trouble.
Never had such problems to be honest and have been flying it almost a couple of weeks now.
The new one will make up for all this and hope you enjoy it as you should of had from the start!
2019-2-13
Use props
ttyndall
lvl.2

United States

CyFA, thanks. The hardest part of buying anything new is waiting.
2019-2-13
Use props
ttyndall
lvl.2

United States

DJI responded really fast. I got a return shipping label on Tuesday and put it in the mail with ups that day. It took 8 days to ship to DJI in California but that was UPS not DJI on the 8 days.
I got an email Tuesday afternoon when they received it telling me if it was all there they would ship it with 5 to 7 work days. Th next morning I checked their website and they said it was Verified.
Then that night I got a notification it the return unit was being shipped. This morning I checked and it showed me a tracking number and said delivery would be next Tuesday.
That was days quicker than I was expecting.
Now to sit and try to forget about it until it arrives at my office on Tuesday. Thanks to DJI for the quick turn-a-round.
2019-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules