Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Guy Questons
633 8 2019-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RBG00
New

United States

Hi Everyone,

I am a newbie to drones.  I just git a SPARK fly more combo.  I have an old SamSung Galaxy S4 and old ipone 5.  Here are my questins :

What App should I install on the Andriod (I see alot on the APP store)
Is using the mirco USB to Micro USB cabel nessarry ?
Is getting DJI care recomeneded ?
What is the real flight time on a single charge
2019-2-2
Use props
Warriewoodlad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 625230 ft
Australia

Hello RBG00. Welcome to the forum.
I use the DJI Go 4 app on my iPhone.
I don't use the micro USB connection between iPhone and controller, but it might be essential for an android phone.
I can get 13-14 min off a charge but try to land while there is at least 20% charge in the battery, which means about 12 min flight time.
2019-2-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, Welcome to DJI Forum and Congratulation to your new Spark. Regarding your concern, we recommend you use a compatible device to your Spark for compatibility purposes and for you to be able to optimize all the feature on the app. Kindly check the attached image below for the listed compatible device. After that, you will need to download DJI Go 4 app to control the drone and you may also use other cool feature here. Also, USB cable will depend on the mobile device that you are using. That would be lighting cable for Apple devices and USB type C and Type B for Android device. Also, getting an DJI Care Refresh Plan is optional. DJI Care Refresh is a service plan that provides you with peace of mind, covering damage to your DJI product this would be great for newbie. For more information about Spark, please visit our website at www.dji.com. Should you have further question, please let us know. Thank you.

2019-2-2
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congrats and welcome to the forum
2019-2-3
Use props
ssylca44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

DJI Care refresh is a good insurance. I use the Android app with OTG cable works perfectly! Enjoy the Spark!
2019-2-3
Use props
maddox
First Officer
Malaysia

Welcome to the forum!
2019-2-3
Use props
fans6f66f9da
lvl.4
United States

DJI Care Refresh is good, but remember it does not cover the remote
2019-2-18
Use props
ajf3103
lvl.2
United Kingdom

let the fun begin mate
2019-2-18
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Hi,

Welcome to the world of drone flying!

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S4 mini with the Spark. While the stock Go 4 app does work on that phone, I'd go for the MOD 2.0 app (use google). It is based on a more stable and not that ressource-hungry older Go 4 app version. Plus it gives you some more POI modes and stuff. Newer app versions of the stock app have mostly improvements for the Mavic drones, not for the Spark.
I'd highly recommend an OTG cable, it gives you low latency video stream, which is nice.
Please, inform yourself where you are allowed to fly. Basic rules: don't bother other people, keep distance to aerodromes, give way to other aircrafts, paragliders and stuff, obey maximum flying height, keep your bird in visible line of sight (VLOS) at all times.

Once you are familiar with your drone, you should do some ATTI mode training, see this thread.
ATTI mode drops do happen, and then its good to be prepared.

Have a lot of fun with your Spark!

Cheers,
Wolferl
2019-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules