Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Which DJI drone do you think was the most advanced of its time?
1263 13 2019-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pedro Castelani
lvl.4

Argentina

DJI has always been at the top of the drone market. Which of all its drones do you believe was the most advanced for its time?

Single SelectVote, Total 42 people participate in voting

Voting has ended

7.14% (3)
19.05% (8)
4.76% (2)
7.14% (3)
28.57% (12)
0.00% (0)
0.00% (0)
0.00% (0)
7.14% (3)
4.76% (2)
4.76% (2)
7.14% (3)
7.14% (3)
2.38% (1)
0.00% (0)
0.00% (0)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2019-2-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Pedro Castelani. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this poll. I hope many will participate and you'll get the best answer for this poll here from our valued DJI Mambers and Customers on which DJI drone is the most advanced of its time. Thank you for supporting DJI.
2019-2-2
Use props
Boffin
lvl.4
Australia

Not exactly a DJI drone, but I have had a lot of success with this A2 FC and this with this A3 FC (the Pro option of triple IMU's and compasses). Well ahead of their time, very reliable and still well supported by DJI (the A2 came out in 2010).

MR's are mainly self built 'heavy lifters', hexacopters and octacopters capable of carrying DSLR's and thermal cameras.

Not exactly cheap but when carrying something like this Rededge MX FC reliability and redundancy are vital for accomplishing the mission and peace of mind
2019-2-2
Use props
Pedro Castelani
lvl.4

Argentina

Quite right about those flight controllers.. Does DJI still make something similar to them?
2019-2-3
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

MP enterprise seems to be able to do more.
2019-2-3
Use props
kykmavic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

Is this poll visible to all users or mostly it will be seen by users of M2P?
2019-2-6
Use props
Boffin
lvl.4
Australia

Lucas775 Posted at 2-3 15:25
MP enterprise seems to be able to do more.

The six rotor and eight rotor Enterprise varieties have the luxury to continue flying with one engine out, as for the quads forget them if you lose an engine/esc. They are expensive though!

So what exactly does the MP Enterprise do more or better than a Tarot or similar with a reliable F/C? Here's a good site to read about such stuff Multicopters
2019-2-6
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

I do agree DJI is on the top of the market for consumer grade drones, not so convinced for professional and/or enterprise grade market when you need a lot of reliability and support.
2019-2-6
Use props
*DM*
lvl.4
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

Boffin Posted at 2-6 03:14
The six rotor and eight rotor Enterprise varieties have the luxury to continue flying with one engine out, as for the quads forget them if you lose an engine/esc. They are expensive though!

So what exactly does the MP Enterprise do more or better than a Tarot or similar with a reliable F/C? Here's a good site to read about such stuff Multicopters
Reliability has to rank somewhere.

Touch wood, I havent had any problems. Forums usually are full of issue solving to various problems. This one is probably more positive than many others.

Considering the tech and often difficult environments these drones are used in I find it amazing how reliable these things generally are.

Add the progress that has been made in the last ten years and I find it nothing short of remarkable, software glitches often being the main issue and usually fixed down the line with an update.

I did look at other manufacturers (Yuneec, Analfi) but kept coming back to DJI.

DJI also buck the trend of zero after sale support so endemic in (the old) chinese manufacturing culture. Whilst quality control or customer service may not be 100% (who's is?) they nevertheless seem in front of many/most consumer and pro drone manufacturers of chinese origin.

Nothing against the chinese but their usual business models are ...
2019-2-7
Use props
*DM*
lvl.4
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

*DM* Posted at 2-7 01:28
I am not sure shat they (DJI) do more but reliability has to rank somewhere.

Touch wood, I havent had any problems. Forums usually are full of issue solving to various problems. This one is probably more positive than many others.
... usually heavily biased towards the 'now' rather than good ongoing customer experience in my experience.

Its (slowly) changing and this can only be a good thing.

A good customer is one that comes back.

So, my vote for the most adavanced DJI drone goes to the entire Mavic range but specifically the  Enterprise Dual for offering such an advanced package in a tiny drone. Incidentally I also think its the best value DJI drone being that an equivelant stand alone FLIR thermal camera would cost over 2/3rds of the price of the Enterprise Dual whilst still not offering the dual image feature..
2019-2-7
Use props
JAgraphics
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Which DJI drone do you think was the most advanced of its time?

Obviously all of them individually when launched!
Of course 6 or 12 months  later it is a different story.  
2019-2-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You left out Phantom 4, for me this was the big jump in tech, first with OA, amazing speed great camera.
2019-2-8
Use props
Harbourside
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

For me it was my trusty Phantom 2 Vision + with its 3 axis gimbal and camera ready to fly out of the box with built in FPV via an app.
No more fiddling around with a GoPro and separate transmitters / receivers and bolting bits of tec onto the platform.
A true game changer in my opinion....
2019-2-8
Use props
Pedro Castelani
lvl.4

Argentina

Actually I think I did include the Phantom 4, only that I didn't want to put every single model with a minor difference. I actually included three types of it, even though I considered all P3 as one group.
2019-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules