Decleration according to CAR 901.76 - Canada
2475 18 2019-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Karce
lvl.2
Canada

Hello,

I was wondering if DJI is aware of Canadian law changes in that special flight certificates will now be required for any drones in Canada as of June 1.19?

Does DJI haves any plans to make a decleration of their drones to the Government of Canada according to CAR 901.76 so that an advanced operations certificate can be granted to Canadians?

Thanks
2019-2-2
Use props
deedub35
lvl.3
Flight distance : 131680 ft
Canada

If DJI knew about Canadian drone regs they’d have a decent drone lighter than 250 grams.
2019-2-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. As of the moment, we still don't have any information or any updates about the said topic. No worries, I will coordinate this matter to the right department for further clarification. You patience and understanding is highly appreciated.
2019-2-2
Use props
jyc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2255846 ft
Canada

All DJI aircrafts will be OK for basic operations, meaning flights in Class G airspace. Within controlled airspace it's another story.
2019-2-2
Use props
Karce
lvl.2
Canada

jyc Posted at 2-2 18:32
All DJI aircrafts will be OK for basic operations, meaning flights in Class G airspace. Within controlled airspace it's another story.

There will be 3 classes of certificates in June...  I'm looking to get the Advanced Operations however DJI will have to delcare the drone to the GOC

Basic operations
If you meet all 3 of these conditions, you're conducting basic operations:

You fly it in uncontrolled airspace
You fly it more than 30 metres (100 feet) horizontally from bystanders
You never fly it over bystanders
If you do not meet any 1 of these 3 conditions, you are conducting advanced operations.

Advanced operations
If you meet any 1 of these conditions, you are conducting advanced operations:

You want to fly in controlled airspace
You want to fly over bystanders
You want to fly within 30 metres (100 feet) of bystanders (measured horizontally)
For advanced operations, here are some of the rules you must follow:

Register your drone with Transport Canada before you fly it for the first time
Mark your drone with its registration number
Pass the Small Advanced Exam
Pass a flight review with a flight reviewer
Be able to show your Pilot Certificate – Advanced Operations and proof of registration when you fly your drone
Fly within the operational limits of your drone

SFOC
When flying beyond VLOSFlying in or near restricted air spaces (with Air Traffic Control authorization)
Flying in emergency designated areas

2019-2-3
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

Karce Posted at 2-3 09:11
There will be 3 classes of certificates in June...  I'm looking to get the Advanced Operations however DJI will have to delcare the drone to the GOC

Basic operations

Excuse me, what does SFOC mean?
2019-2-3
Use props
Karce
lvl.2
Canada

Lysak2003 Posted at 2-3 09:48
Excuse me, what does SFOC mean?

SFOC = Special Flight Operations Certificate

You need this certificate in the following cases:

You want to fly your drone outside the rules for basic or advanced operations
    Your drone weighs over 25 kilograms (kg)
    You are not a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada or a corporation incorporated by or under the laws of Canada or a province
2019-2-3
Use props
ssylca44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

deedub35 Posted at 2-2 13:41
If DJI knew about Canadian drone regs they’d have a decent drone lighter than 250 grams.

I agree the spark is just 50g too heavy, with some re-engineering, I believe 'spark2' could weigh less than 250g . This would give DJI a huge advantage.
2019-2-3
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Ukraine

Karce Posted at 2-3 10:16
SFOC = Special Flight Operations Certificate

You need this certificate in the following cases:

In other words, if I am a turist I need to apply for SFOC, am I right?
2019-2-3
Use props
ssylca44
Second Officer
Canada

Lysak2003 Posted at 2-3 10:51

As a matter of fact, ONLY Canadian citizen and permanent residents are authorized to get the license.
2019-2-3
Use props
jyc
Second Officer
Canada

Lysak2003 Posted at 2-3 10:51

Yes, if you have the right to fly in your own country.
2019-2-3
Use props
jyc
Second Officer
Canada

Karce Posted at 2-3 09:11

Basic operations

A SFOC is for a specific operation on a specific date and at a specific location. The basic and advanced certificates will be valid for two years, not the same thing at all.
2019-2-3
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Ukraine

jyc Posted at 2-3 11:31
Yes, if you have the right to fly in your own country.

In my own country Ukraine we don't need to get any permission to fly drone under 20 kg weight.
2019-2-3
Use props
jyc
Second Officer
Canada

Lysak2003 Posted at 2-3 12:07
In my own country Ukraine we don't need to get any permission to fly drone under 20 kg weight.

Ok, I'll give you an example. Say a pilot has part 107 certification in the US perhaps it could enable them to conduct advanced operations here. But the law comes into effect on June first and we will see how things go. For ordinary people asking for a SFOC for tourism will be dissuasive.
2019-2-3
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Ukraine

jyc Posted at 2-3 12:17
Ok, I'll give you an example. Say a pilot has part 107 certification in the US perhaps it could enable them to conduct advanced operations here. But the law comes into effect on June first and we will see how things go. For ordinary people asking for a SFOC for tourism will be dissuasive.

Thank you! Let's wait.
2019-2-3
Use props
ssylca44
Second Officer
Canada

Lucky you! Cheers
2019-2-3
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

It's because Ukraine is one of the very few truly free countries nowadays...
2019-2-3
Use props
exos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 425486 ft
Canada

I too am waiting for a response from DJI in that matter. I am wondering if I'll be able to use my Mavic Air in Advanced operations.
2019-2-10
Use props
Karce
lvl.2
Canada

I'm bringing this thread back up to see if DJI's gotten some traction on this request.   Is DJI looking into declaring to the GoC (RPAS Safety Assurance) that this drone has the requirements needed for Advanced flight capabilities according to CAR 901.76
2019-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules