Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Wrong propellers warning...
3048 14 2019-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Inspire_Max
First Officer
Flight distance : 9211303 ft
  • >>>
Italy

...no limits to the "fake warnings" coming out in DJI GO4...
It's time for the wrong propeller error...
Of course I was flying stock props...
IMG_2935.PNG
2019-2-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, our apologies for the inconvenience. When you are flying at low-altitude locations, extra propulsion demand from the  props will lead to reduced flight time and higher battery consumption and it will affect the flight performance. If you are using a High Altitude propellers, these props designed for high-altitude because they have strong propulsion against thin air. But they won't perform very well in low-Altitude. Kindly take note that it is not recommended to use the High Altitude propellers in low-altitude location. Thanks for your understanding and support. Have a safe flight!
2019-2-2
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

... and DJI's usual entertainment begins (read moderator's response) ...
2019-2-2
Use props
Inspire_Max
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-2 15:16
Hi there, our apologies for the inconvenience. When you are flying at low-altitude locations, extra propulsion demand from the  props will lead to reduced flight time and higher battery consumption and it will affect the flight performance. If you are using a High Altitude propellers, these props are designed for high-altitude because they have strong propulsion against thin air. But they won't perform very well in low-Altitude.Kindly take note that it is not recommended to use the High Altitude propellers in low-altitude location. Thanks for your understanding and support. Have a safe flight!

Hi Paladin,

as already wrote, I'm using stock propellers, low altitude.

But, my I2 is a creative unit, and warns saying you're flying high altitude props...
2019-2-3
Use props
Inspire_Max
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2-2 15:28

Yeah...let's wait another answer...
2019-2-3
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

Inspire_Max Posted at 2-3 11:18
Yeah...let's wait another answer...

Meantime ... What FW version you're on? Is this prop error warning persistent or just occasional?
2019-2-3
Use props
Highasakite
First Officer
Flight distance : 1423930 ft
United States

Max, big brother is watching you Safety First! Ken.  
2019-2-3
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Got the same message from my I1 once.  I used high altitude props at 5000 ft above sea level.
2019-2-3
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
First Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2-3 15:19
Got the same message from my I1 once.  I used high altitude props at 5000 ft above sea level.

weird. wouldnt that be where you would want to be using high altitude props?
2019-2-6
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

AlphaFlightNW Posted at 2-6 21:52
weird. wouldnt that be where you would want to be using high altitude props?

That was my first guess, apparently not.
2019-2-7
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2-2 15:28

Hi Matthew

No disrespect intended to DJI, but I saw your comment and then LOL!  The new App has been adjusted so tightly that if you are using the CF props the warning will pop up. DJI must not like third party props on the Inspire 2  

Rich   
2019-2-9
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

the conditions must have been just right on your Inspire 2 to have this warning come up using the stock props . DJI changed these rpm parameters in the Go 4 App awhile back.  During the rattling  / loose stock props, guys were changing over to CF props. ((T-Motor Folding Props - Winglet Style and Folding Props by Heliengadin)). This message was popping up when using CF props last summer. I did not see any degradation of battery performance at all.  I think DJI did not like people using third party props on the I2

Rich

example:
T_Motor_Folding_Prop_8_771x700.png
2019-2-9
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2-9 08:27
Hi Matthew

No disrespect intended to DJI, but I saw your comment and then LOL!  The new App has been adjusted so tightly that if you are using the CF props the warning will pop up. DJI must not like third party props on the Inspire 2  

Good morning, Rich, always a pleasure to read your kind and polite words ... Morning for me, time for first aromatic cup of coffee ... Beautiful day here, -25C, fresh snow and blue sky ... Firewood cracking in my shop stove ... My birds hibernating on hooks below soffit like bats ...

Indeed, most of the time DJI forum moderators response makes me go "hmmm" ... Despite their best intentions, language barrier seem to be the main obstacle. I feel sorry for them, trying to imagine the efforts to deal with Mandarin and English. But who am I to make sarcastic comments about it, having Polish as my mother tongue?

Cheers,
Matthew.
2019-2-9
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2-9 12:41
Good morning, Rich, always a pleasure to read your kind and polite words ... Morning for me, time for first aromatic cup of coffee ... Beautiful day here, -25C, fresh snow and blue sky ... Firewood cracking in my shop stove ... My birds hibernating on hooks below soffit like bats ...

Indeed, most of the time DJI forum moderators response makes me go "hmmm" ... Despite their best intentions, language barrier seem to be the main obstacle. I feel sorry for them, trying to imagine the efforts to deal with Mandarin and English. But who am I to make sarcastic comments about it, having Polish as my mother tongue?

Hi Matthew

Thanks for the kind words. You painted a pretty picture in my mind and I can't imagine it being that cold at my house!  Thank god for the hot fire going in your shop. We are having some snow and about 20*F here right now. We call this building season for our other RC projects  I will post a couple of non drone related shots

All the best
Rich

sun came out for photos last week
IMG_2213.jpg IMG_2215.jpg IMG_2210.jpg IMG_2249.jpg IMG_2262.jpg IMG_2263.jpg

2019-2-9
Use props
ApexAerialData
lvl.1
United States

Hello,

I have fixed and built a few I2's and i get that error when one,
or both arm assemblies are off angle.  Check that your front props are even with the front screws.  (See attached)  If they need adjusting, you'll have to loosen the screws where the auxiliary arms attach.
Screenshot_20200202-161656_Gallery.jpg
2020-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules