Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gino Saurre
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2641 ft
Peru

With last firmware and app version

I'm so sad and disgruntled.

Today I was shooting with the Spark for my YouTube channel. I was recording a big building from 50-100m in distance. After the normal time, the "low battery warning" appeared... At 25% of battery level the Spark started automatic RTH. Because I was in the city across a big highway and with several buildings and wires I canceled the automatic RTH and decided to manually RTH, backwards to make the last takes... When suddenly, at 17% of battery power the Spark, without a understandable reason, that was in sight, disconnected... It was almost 200m in distance, so I couldn't see where it descended... I was over 10 minutes away driving my car... So, when I made it to the last spot in the "find my drone" there was nothing... Also, as the Spark lost connection with the RC the find my drone was useless... Can anybody tell me what can I do in this situation?... How a 800 dollars drone can lost connection like that at less than 200m in eye sight???

Please give me some advices

Me and my wife, who was with me when this happened, fell depressed and very sad ... it feels a very ugly feeling of helplessness when you see that you can lose your investment that easy... And a week of work is gone
2019-2-2
Use props
Espectavideos
lvl.2
Peru

Any suggestions?
2019-2-2
Use props
Gino Saurre
lvl.2
Peru

I was wondering, if it is obvious that someone picked up my drone when it descended freely and took it away ... is there any way to know the location of the drone the next time someone connects to a mobile?
2019-2-2
Use props
Proteous
lvl.4
Flight distance : 228993 ft
Barbados

check your flight log it should pin point its last location before you lost connection
2019-2-2
Use props
Gino Saurre
lvl.2
Peru

Proteous Posted at 2-2 20:38
check your flight log it should pin point its last location before you lost connection

Hi

Thank you for your answer. The last location is in the street, by the time that Spark decided to land, it was at 10 min driving car away from me... 200m but in city with traffic ... When I got there there was nothing... I search 2 hrs the area but somebody should have taken it away...
2019-2-2
Use props
Warriewoodlad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 625230 ft
Australia

Was it high enough to have landed on a building, in a tree etc.? Also, although you lost connection with your Spark, did it have enough satellites to avoid ATTI mode? If so, unless it tried another RTH automatically, it would have landed exactly where it was, then landed when it encountered extreme low power. Even find my drone would take you to it.
2019-2-2
Use props
Gino Saurre
lvl.2
Peru

Warriewoodlad Posted at 2-2 23:07
Was it high enough to have landed on a building, in a tree etc.? Also, although you lost connection with your Spark, did it have enough satellites to avoid ATTI mode? If so, unless it tried another RTH automatically, it would have landed exactly where it was, then landed when it encountered extreme low power. Even find my drone would take you to it.

Hi, according to dji go 4, it landed on the street. That's clear, and someone took it.

I was reviewing the log and the flight recording inside the app and when it started RTH, started to get away instead of getting closer... That's weird

I think it's a DJI fault, does anybody know where can I open a case to replace the unit?

Regards
2019-2-3
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Gino Saurre Posted at 2-3 04:42
Hi, according to dji go 4, it landed on the street. That's clear, and someone took it.

I was reviewing the log and the flight recording inside the app and when it started RTH, started to get away instead of getting closer... That's weird

Hi,

if you like upload your flightlog, using this

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

cheers
JJB
2019-2-3
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Sorry to read that mate
2019-2-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Gino Saurre. I am sorry to know what happend to your previous flight with your DJI Spark. Since this unfortunate event happened. The best thing you need to do is to contact DJI Support at https://www.dji.com/support for us to help you further with this matter. Thank you.

2019-2-3
Use props
Gino Saurre
lvl.2
Peru

maddox Posted at 2-3 06:04
Sorry to read that mate

Thank you for your words
2019-2-3
Use props
Gino Saurre
lvl.2
Peru

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-3 09:18
Hello and good day Gino Saurre. I am sorry to know what happend to your previous flight with your DJI Spark. Since this unfortunate event happened. The best thing you need to do is to contact DJI Support at https://www.dji.com/support for us to help you further with this matter. Thank you.

[view_image]

Thank you. I have done that by email, but they asking me the Proof of Purchase, and serial number. I think I lost the proof of purchase ... But I don't think that should be a problem...

One question... Is there any place in the logs in which I may find the serial number ?...

This is my first drone, and I didn't think that some day I'll lost it so I was neglectful with the documentation
2019-2-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Gino Saurre Posted at 2-3 13:38
Thank you. I have done that by email, but they asking me the Proof of Purchase, and serial number. I think I lost the proof of purchase ... But I don't think that should be a problem...

One question... Is there any place in the logs in which I may find the serial number ?...

Thank you for giving us an update on the said situation Gino Saurre. Do you have the DJI remote controller of the said drone? Can you please send me a PM of the serial number of the remote controller for me to check if we will be able to retrieve the serial number of the drone on our database?
2019-2-3
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I hope you find it.
2019-2-3
Use props
Gino Saurre
lvl.2
Peru

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-3 13:45
Thank you for giving us an update on the said situation Gino Saurre. Do you have the DJI remote controller of the said drone? Can you please send me a PM of the serial number of the remote controller for me to check if we will be able to retrieve the serial number of the drone on our database?

Hello Stephen

I do have the remote control... May I send you a picture of the label printed in the back? ... Would you tell me your email address or how can I send it to you?
2019-2-3
Use props
Gino Saurre
lvl.2
Peru

Lucas775 Posted at 2-3 15:11
I hope you find it.

Thank you bro!
2019-2-3
Use props
Gino Saurre
lvl.2
Peru

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-3 13:45

I've sent you PM to you Stephen... I hope you can provide me the Serial number of my Spark

Thank you very much!
2019-2-3
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Sorry to know that buddy
2019-2-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Gino Saurre Posted at 2-3 18:01
I've sent you PM to you Stephen... I hope you can provide me the Serial number of my Spark

Thank you very much!

Hello and good day Gino Saurre. I am sorry for the late reply. Let me check the PM you have sent me and I will reply to you as soon as I have check the information you have provided me. Thank you for your patience and your support.
2019-2-4
Use props
Gino Saurre
lvl.2
Peru

jacksonnai Posted at 2-4 08:09
Sorry to know that buddy

Thank you man
2019-2-4
Use props
Gino Saurre
lvl.2
Peru

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-4 08:32
Hello and good day Gino Saurre. I am sorry for the late reply. Let me check the PM you have sent me and I will reply to you as soon as I have check the information you have provided me. Thank you for your patience and your support.

Thank you Stephen, I'm waiting, because only need that to answer to DJI Support email...

Thanks again

2019-2-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Gino Saurre Posted at 2-4 11:18
Thank you Stephen, I'm waiting, because only need that to answer to DJI Support email...

Thanks again

You are very welcome Gino Saurre. I have checked the PM you have sent me but I am sorry to say that I am not able to see the said PM you've sent. Can you please resend the Information once again please. Thank you.
2019-2-4
Use props
Gino Saurre
lvl.2
Peru

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-4 11:23
You are very welcome Gino Saurre. I have checked the PM you have sent me but I am sorry to say that I am not able to see the said PM you've sent. Can you please resend the Information once again please. Thank you.

Ok Stephen. I just resend the Personal Message... perhaps you can send a PM to me and I'll  answer that?
2019-2-4
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Gino Saurre Posted at 2-3 13:30
Thank you for your words

You're welcome!
2019-2-4
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Welcome!!!!!!!!
2019-2-4
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

You're welcome mate
2019-2-5
Use props
MavSpa_user
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Gino please apply to message 8, He can help you.
Also I keep saying it, don't use the latest GO app, it's full of security things which makes the app unreliable. Use version 4.1.15 with an OTG cable.
2019-2-5
Use props
Bullet675
lvl.2
Australia

My APP version is 4.3.10 is that the “problem” version?
2019-2-6
Use props
MavSpa_user
First Officer
Netherlands

I don't know it depends on your phone, but If you follow this forum for a while, the most flyaways are pilot errors but also app versions.
I have test several phone and tablets(android) asus,samsung, LG that version 4.1.15 with an OTG cable works on all. And other people on this forum agree.Also V 4.2.21 is also a good version for an OTG cable
2019-2-6
Use props
Bullet675
lvl.2
Australia

Latest is 4.3.12 just saw it. But wont update yet
I use a 2 year old iPhone7
2019-2-6
Use props
MavSpa_user
First Officer
Netherlands

Spark Release Notes

http://www.dji.com/spark
Copyright © 2017 DJI All Rights Reserved. 1
Date: 2018.07.19
Aircraft Firmware: V 01.00.1000
Remote Controller Firmware: V 01.00.0600
DJI GO 4 App iOS: V 4.2.22
DJI GO 4 App Android: V 4.2.21
2019-2-6
Use props
Gino Saurre
lvl.2
Peru

MavSpa_user Posted at 2-5 23:23
Gino please apply to message 8, He can help you.
Also I keep saying it, don't use the latest GO app, it's full of security things which makes the app unreliable. Use version 4.1.15 with an OTG cable.

Oh... too late to know about security things in the app... by now I've sent all data to DJI Support. But after I successfully made the Flightdata sync, I wasn't able to recreate the flight again in the app... very strange... luckily I made a screen record of the flight recreated in DJI GO 4 (With the app DU Record), so I have that video where you can see all the flight data... I'll let DJI Support make their job... I'll let you know how this turns out..

Thank you very much
2019-2-6
Use props
MavSpa_user
First Officer
Netherlands

The log file is on your phone/tablet by the way
2019-2-7
Use props
Gino Saurre
lvl.2