Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Rotation not working during Active Track/Trace
785 8 2019-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TedBob
First Officer
Flight distance : 1743622 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

When I select Active Track and then Trace mode to track a moving object, a wheel appears on screen to perform rotations (left or right) around the moving object. It doesn't seem to be working anymore on my Mavic Air drone, while it was working perfectly before.

Now, the drone keeps moving left and right, instead of rotating in one direction.

Anybody else has the same issue?? Everything else is working fine for me, and I am on the latest firmware and latest version of the app.

Thanks
2019-2-3
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Active track can be fairly lazy for me too, rotation worked for me last time I tried it but it was fairly lazy attempt and it nearly lost me.  DJI should have just called it inactive track, or Lazy Track... Can’t Be bothered tracking
2019-2-3
Use props
TedBob
First Officer
United Kingdom

Active track works fine to track a slow moving object or person. However, the rotation doesn't seem to work anymore. I was using it to do great effects in the past (tracking a moving target and rotating around it at the same time...)
2019-2-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Could you please try to refresh the firmware of your Mavic Air via DJI Assistant 2? After that, please try to perform ActiveTrack again so we can check. Thank you.
2019-2-3
Use props
TedBob
First Officer
United Kingdom

Thanks Natalia, I will try to refresh the firmware.

However, it started happening long after I installed the last version of the firmware (function was working fine initially), so I wonder if it's something else.
2019-2-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeah, there are a lot of issues with the Mavic Air - you get what you pay for!
2019-2-5
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2-5 23:49
Yeah, there are a lot of issues with the Mavic Air - you get what you pay for!

Nothing like getting a slightly advanced spark for the price of a mavic pro
2019-2-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2-6 02:07
Nothing like getting a slightly advanced spark for the price of a mavic pro

Yeah, the Air is a cool little drone but at £949 it is a bit over priced IMO - probably why they are now being discounted quite heavily. It was just a bit too unreliable for me - I'll never understand why they didn't use OcuSync and how such a small drone sounds higher pitched than a Phantom twice it's size is beyond me. Shame as the image quality was rather very good considering it has the same size sensor as the one in my iPhone.
2019-2-6
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Captain

Croatia

A CW Posted at 2-6 03:22
Yeah, the Air is a cool little drone but at £949 it is a bit over priced IMO - probably why they are now being discounted quite heavily. It was just a bit too unreliable for me - I'll never understand why they didn't use OcuSync and how such a small drone sounds higher pitched than a Phantom twice it's size is beyond me. Shame as the image quality was rather very good considering it has the same size sensor as the one in my iPhone.

Totally with you on MavAir price... at least original one... But, as with every free market, price corrects itself fast and efficiently.
2019-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules