Problem with IMU Calibration - system temperature too low?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bakshi
lvl.1

Argentina

Hello,

Yesterday I bought an used Phantom 3 Pro and when I turned it on it said that it needed an IMU Calibration. I tried to perform it but I couldn’t. The process at first advances very slowly (more than 10 or 15 minutes and less than 10% completed), with a “please wait…” message, until suddenly the message changes to “System temperature too low” and the process doesn’t advance anymore. The message is in gray letters, not the red ones “error type” messages. When the message is “please wait” I’m unable to press the Check IMU or IMU calibration buttons, but when it changes to “System temperature too low”, those options become enabled. I upload a photo of the screen in the app.

Searching in google, and despite I haven’t found anyone with the same error, I tried updating the firmware to the last version. The update was successful but the error remains the same.

What seems a bit strange to me is the fact that in most IMU calibration temperature problems, they are of the kind “very high temperature” (and that may be the case here since temperature is around 25-30 ºC), but according to the error message the problem is the opposite one!

I tried several times, both inside and outside, and the problem always appears (sometimes the progress bar gets stuck at 2%, sometimes at 10%, 22%, etc., the maximum was 27%).

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

systemtemperaturetoolow.png
2019-2-3
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Does sound like a problem for sure. Any chance the seller sold it for this reason? Could you possibly return it for a refund, or some money back? Can't say I have ever seen this error, but after you have tried several times, you may have some serious issue with the IMU, which would require repairs by DJI in my opinion. Definitely do not attempt to fly with it this way. Best of luck to you, but I would recommend sending it in if you can't return it. Replacing the IMU would not be for the average person.
2019-2-6
Use props
bakshi
lvl.1

Argentina

RicardoGray Posted at 2-6 06:59
Does sound like a problem for sure. Any chance the seller sold it for this reason? Could you possibly return it for a refund, or some money back? Can't say I have ever seen this error, but after you have tried several times, you may have some serious issue with the IMU, which would require repairs by DJI in my opinion. Definitely do not attempt to fly with it this way. Best of luck to you, but I would recommend sending it in if you can't return it. Replacing the IMU would not be for the average person.

Seems like a strange problem. I tried to return the drone but the seller doesn't want to give me the money back. I suspect that he was aware of the problem before selling it (he says the drone worked fine but I don't believe him).

Even if I wanted to, I can't flight it since it doesn't reach the "flight safe" mode and it requires an IMU calibration.  Anyway, thanks for the answer, I'll contact DJI to see what can I do. If I do find I solution, I'll post it here.
2019-2-7
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

bakshi Posted at 2-7 09:58
Seems like a strange problem. I tried to return the drone but the seller doesn't want to give me the money back. I suspect that he was aware of the problem before selling it (he says the drone worked fine but I don't believe him).

Even if I wanted to, I can't flight it since it doesn't reach the "flight safe" mode and it requires an IMU calibration.  Anyway, thanks for the answer, I'll contact DJI to see what can I do. If I do find I solution, I'll post it here.

Sorry for your situation. I suspect your are right about the seller knowing of the problem. One of those risk one takes when buying a used machine. Too late at this point, but a word of caution to all buying a used aircraft..........ask the buyer for a demonstration to show the aircraft does fly properly. That would eliminate any doubt.
Too bad for sure. You could purchase a new main board which would contain everything on it, but not sure if you feel comfortable to do it your self. The board would probably be in the $175-$250 range depending on where you can by it close to your location. Best of luck.
2019-2-7
Use props
djiuser_Knny2KBYCk3M
lvl.1
Flight distance : 405558 ft

Réunion

RicardoGray Posted at 2-6 06:59

Bonjour, j'ai le même soucis que toi mais avec un phantom 3 standard. A tu réussi a resoudre le problème ?
2019-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules