Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice. Love the transitions
2019-2-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Reinis . Thank you for sharing this beautiful video with us today. Great work and thank you for your support.
2019-2-4
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Well done! Great video!
2019-2-4
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

very nicely done!
2019-2-4
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

Some letterbox would be highly appreciated. This way video glues too much to the top when viewed on youtube.
2019-2-4
Use props
Reinis (SkyHighFilms)
Captain
Flight distance : 4212828 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2-4 09:38
Some letterbox would be highly appreciated. This way video glues too much to the top when viewed on youtube.

The video is exported in 3840x1650  resolution. I really don’t understand what you are talking about. It can’t be more to the up. Maybe your YouTube is messed up.

2019-2-4
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

Reinis (SkyHighFilms) Posted at 2-4 09:43
The video is exported in 3840x1650  resolution. I really don’t understand what you are talking about. It can’t be more to the up. Maybe your YouTube is messed up.

It is too much to the up.
Instead of exporting in 1:2.35 ratio you could export in 16:9 with addition of black stripes up and down (letterbox).
2019-2-4
Use props
Reinis (SkyHighFilms)
Captain
  • >>>
Latvia

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2-4 09:47
Instead of exporting in 1:2.35 ratio you could export in 16:9 with addition of black stripes up and down (letterbox).

It’s not too much to the up! It’s just how I wanted it to be.
I export in this resolution because it’s my creative decision.
2019-2-4
Use props
Reinis (SkyHighFilms)
Captain
  • >>>
Latvia

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2-4 09:47

I have a feeling that there is something wrong with the device or app you are viewing the video, or you don’t know what you are talking about and you are wasting my time. So please... don’t.
2019-2-4
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

Reinis (SkyHighFilms) Posted at 2-4 10:04
I have a feeling that there is something wrong with the device or app you are viewing the video, or you don’t know what you are talking about and you are wasting my time. So please... don’t.

Ok... let me explain visually....
When viewed in full screen video looks like:

Please notice black stripes at the top and bottom.

Now, when watched from youtube normally using a browser, video looks like:

Please, notice there is no black stripes at the top and bottom and this is very distracting and unpleasant to watch.

So, you are claiming you intentionally did it the way it shows INCONSISTENTLY depending on how it's viewed?
2019-2-4
Use props
Reinis (SkyHighFilms)
Captain
  • >>>
Latvia

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2-4 11:10
[view_image]

Omg dude. This aspect ratio is my creative decision. I don’t give a f how your screen shows it. Of you don’t like the black bars when viewed full screen then I don’t know what you are doing with a 16:9 monitor... most movies are in this aspec ratio that is wider... do you also write emails to them, so they render their movies on 16:9 just for you because your screen is 16:9.

I personaly don’t mind the black bars in fullscreen and I don’t care that when not in full screen There are no bars.

Your argument is bull.... Sorry for the language, but really. You are just wasting my time. With bull... arguments.

So if you will respond to this with more time wasting bull.... i will block you. So you don’t have too look ar my videos that are inconsistant on youtube because you have a 16:9 screen.

Like wtf. Dude.

Seriously. I feel bad for wasting my time with you. Hope you are happy.
2019-2-4
Use props
Reinis (SkyHighFilms)
Captain
  • >>>
Latvia

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-4 07:23
Hello and good day Reinis . Thank you for sharing this beautiful video with us today. Great work and thank you for your support.

Thank you for creating such amazing drones!
2019-2-4
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

"I don’t give a f how your screen shows it."

'nuff said. Thanks for your attention.

Oh, and btw... when viewed embeded, like in this forum, it will still show black bars... regardless of monitor aspect ratio.

Sorry for wasting your time. I was thinking that when publishing something you would like to hear opinions and not just generic "great video" comments whose purpose are points only.
Have a nice day and relax!

2019-2-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Reinis (SkyHighFilms) Posted at 2-4 11:19
Thank you for creating such amazing drones!

You are very much welcome Reinis. DJI will definitely create more amazing drones in the future. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-2-4
Use props
Reinis (SkyHighFilms)
Captain
  • >>>
Latvia

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2-4 11:26
"I don’t give a f how your screen shows it."

Lol. No. Your argument was just bull....

I know that the video is shown with black bars in this forum while it’s embedded. I know that. I just don’t think that it’s such a big deal. I don’t want to upload many videos just to please people like you who want. Videos without black bars where there are no ways to show wider aspect ratio videos. Like... this aspect ratio is part of the feel of the video. I shoot with this in my mind. I use this aspect ratio creatively. With 16:9 I destroy that. With letterbox it looks lame on fb. Also on yt.

In full screen. Obviously you’ll have the bars if you don’t have the wider screen. And sorry but there is no option to upload two versions of the video so all the people with all the screens could look at it in full screen.

I like it this way. I do it this way. If your comment woul’ve Been legit criticism or something usefull I would listen. But your comment is pointless.

And no. You are not sorry. Because you are still wasting my time.
2019-2-4
Use props
Reinis (SkyHighFilms)
Captain
  • >>>
Latvia

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-4 11:27
You are very much welcome Reinis. DJI will definitely create more amazing drones in the future. Have a safe and happy flying always.

Great! Can't wait for that Phantom 5 with those interchangeable lenses ;D
2019-2-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Reinis (SkyHighFilms) Posted at 2-4 13:00
Great! Can't wait for that Phantom 5 with those interchangeable lenses ;D

My pleasure Reinis. For the latest news and updates with regards to this information. Kindly please visit our official website at www.dji.com for the latest details.
2019-2-4
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Full of skills in this video, love the transitions so much.
2019-2-18
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

Fantastic video! Loved your usage of transitions and speed ramping, editing was spot on!

Just wish there was more aerial footage
2019-2-18
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2-4 11:10
[view_image]

The creator of this video is deliberately adding letterboxing to create cinematic feel, as many movies on the big screen often do, and are in narrower aspect ratios than 16:9.

Like the man said, it is a creative decision, and an artistic style to render a production in this manner.
2019-2-18
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

Reinis (SkyHighFilms) Posted at 2-4 11:37
Lol. No. Your argument was just bull....

I know that the video is shown with black bars in this forum while it’s embedded. I know that. I just don’t think that it’s such a big deal. I don’t want to upload many videos just to please people like you who want. Videos without black bars where there are no ways to show wider aspect ratio videos. Like... this aspect ratio is part of the feel of the video. I shoot with this in my mind. I use this aspect ratio creatively. With 16:9 I destroy that. With letterbox it looks lame on fb. Also on yt.

Can’t please everyone ;)

I have similar arguments with people who debate the validity of recording / rendering content in 23.976fps vs 29.976, and often those discussions fall on deaf ears
2019-2-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice work.
Good visual transitions!
2019-2-18
Use props
Reinis (SkyHighFilms)
Captain
  • >>>
Latvia

DJI Panda Posted at 2-18 19:33
Full of skills in this video, love the transitions so much.

Thank you so much!
2019-2-19
Use props
Reinis (SkyHighFilms)
Captain
  • >>>
Latvia

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2-18 20:52
Can’t please everyone ;)

I have similar arguments with people who debate the validity of recording / rendering content in 23.976fps vs 29.976, and often those discussions fall on deaf ears

Exactly!
2019-2-19
Use props
Reinis (SkyHighFilms)
Captain
  • >>>
Latvia

Montfrooij Posted at 2-18 23:18
Very nice work.
Good visual transitions!

Thanks!
2019-2-19
Use props
Reinis (SkyHighFilms)
Captain
  • >>>
Latvia

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2-18 20:41
Fantastic video! Loved your usage of transitions and speed ramping, editing was spot on!

Just wish there was more aerial footage

Thanks!

did it feel like it's missing? Or you wanted more aerial footage just to see more aerial footage? Because technically this is an aerial footage forum?   
2019-2-19
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

Reinis (SkyHighFilms) Posted at 2-19 00:18
Thanks!  

did it feel like it's missing? Or you wanted more aerial footage just to see more aerial footage? Because technically this is an aerial footage forum?

*duplicate message deleted*
2019-2-19
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

Reinis (SkyHighFilms) Posted at 2-19 00:18
Thanks!  

I think just because I wanted to see more aerial footage
2019-2-19
Use props
Reinis (SkyHighFilms)
Captain
  • >>>
Latvia

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2-19 00:37
I think just because I wanted to see more aerial footage

Got it!
2019-2-19
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2-18 20:50
The creator of this video is deliberately adding letterboxing to create cinematic feel, as many movies on the big screen often do, and are in narrower aspect ratios than 16:9.

Like the man said, it is a creative decision, and an artistic style to render a production in this manner.

Well, no... thing is creator didn't add the letterbox but exported straight into the 2.35:1 ratio.
That way output is relying on player used and/or screen aspect ratio used.
Please note that either Cinemascope format (2.35:1) or more modern  anamorphic format (2.39:1)

monitors are exclusively reserved for studios and sometimes in high end gaming.
Otherwise, they are not very common as standard consumer thing.
Oh, and they suffer from pillarboxing when vieweing standard format content.

2019-2-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You're welcome!
2019-2-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very artistic - nicely done
2019-2-19
Use props
Reinis (SkyHighFilms)
Captain
  • >>>
Latvia

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2-19 01:42
Well, no... thing is creator didn't add the letterbox but exported straight into the 2.35:1 ratio.
That way output is relying on player used and/or screen aspect ratio used.
Please note that either Cinemascope format (2.35:1) or more modern  anamorphic format (2.39:1)

And still. Here you are.

Chill out, man. It's my decision to export it like that. In my opinion, letterbox just looks lame when played on FB or even YT non full-screen mode. So... Please. Stop your arguments. It's just weird that you still are doing it.    
2019-2-19
Use props
Reinis (SkyHighFilms)
Captain
  • >>>
Latvia

A CW Posted at 2-19 07:10
Very artistic - nicely done

Thanks!
2019-2-19
Use props