Cool PolarPro new accessories for Osmo Pocket!
12Next >
7871 73 2019-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

Browsing the net today I found these:

Things are looking better every single day
2019-2-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Nice find PP make some nice stuff.
2019-2-4
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

PolarPro are very innovative. I will certainly be buying some of these. Thanks for sharing.
2019-2-4
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

forbsie Posted at 2-4 04:59
PolarPro are very innovative. I will certainly be buying some of these. Thanks for sharing.

Yes they are, I am looking forward also... have a great day.
2019-2-4
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40866 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Well my order just went in for everything. Looks like the industry is taking this product seriously. That's a good sign.
2019-2-4
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

TheCameraGuy Posted at 2-4 06:47
Well my order just went in for everything. Looks like the industry is taking this product seriously. That's a good sign.

Totally agree. PolarPro takes care of some little details that show how more pragmatic they are. For example, their action (aka GoPro) mount has more positions AND you can leave the phone adapter on the thing so you don't loose it. Also, I really don't understand why DJI didn't included a tripod socket on the WiFi module or even better on the OP itself.

In any case, looking good for us, the consumers
2019-2-4
Use props
col4bin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 86224 ft
United States

I bought the case and the tripod mount. They will be delivered today however I am out of town for the week so won’t get to use them until Friday
2019-2-4
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

I hope PolarPro makes a mount where you can fit and secure both the wireless module and the OP.    I wouldn't trust using the wifi mount on a selfie stick.  Once you go wireless, you don't want to go back to a cable extension or attach the op to your phone.    Please PolarPro, hear my prayers if you read this.  
2019-2-4
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Very nice video! thanks for sharing!
2019-2-4
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

BTW welcome to the forum El Diabolico!
2019-2-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day El Diabolico. Thank you for sharing this information and thank you for your support.
2019-2-4
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

jacksonnai Posted at 2-4 07:47
BTW welcome to the forum El Diabolico!

Thank you very much.
2019-2-4
Use props
djiuser_bFCCfXWrOBXk
lvl.2
United States

Cool accessories but curious to know if the action mount clasp covers the front facing mic when closed. The tripod version with 1/4-20 mounts uses a different clasp but I like that the action mount has 1 more additional mounting point. Hrmm...
2019-2-4
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

If only the action mount could accommodate the wifi adaptor ...
2019-2-4
Use props
AmaDee
lvl.3

Picked up the Gimbal Lock. Exactly what I was looking for, a quick way to secure the OP while on the go. Hope I receive it by tomorrow though.
2019-2-4
Use props
PolarPro_Brendan
lvl.2

United States

djiuser_bFCCfXWrOBXk Posted at 2-4 10:45
Cool accessories but curious to know if the action mount clasp covers the front facing mic when closed. The tripod version with 1/4-20 mounts uses a different clasp but I like that the action mount has 1 more additional mounting point. Hrmm...

Hi! The Action Mount does cover the front facing mic when closed. However, through our use and testing, we have found the noise reduction to be negligible and a very minor impact to quality.
2019-2-5
Use props
PolarPro_Brendan
lvl.2

United States

Curt1591 Posted at 2-4 14:57
If only the action mount could accommodate the wifi adaptor ...

Noted, thanks for your feedback!
2019-2-5
Use props
PolarPro_Brendan
lvl.2

United States

Joemar7 Posted at 2-4 07:35
I hope PolarPro makes a mount where you can fit and secure both the wireless module and the OP.    I wouldn't trust using the wifi mount on a selfie stick.  Once you go wireless, you don't want to go back to a cable extension or attach the op to your phone.    Please PolarPro, hear my prayers if you read this.

Thanks for your feedback, Joemar7. Your suggestion is noted and will be passed along!
2019-2-5
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

You're welcome mate
2019-2-5
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

PolarPro_Brendan Posted at 2-5 15:05
Thanks for your feedback, Joemar7. Your suggestion is noted and will be passed along!

Hi Brendan,
I just have a request for our (seems to be) wish list

You should make a variation of the Minimalist Case that fits the OP with the Action / Tripod Mount.
Also and as I've mentioned in another post, find a way to ship to EU without those very expensive rates or long waiting times. Right now we depend on when Amazon.de decides to bring your new products...
2019-2-6
Use props
PolarPro_Brendan
lvl.2

United States

El Diabolico Posted at 2-6 01:28
Hi Brendan,
I just have a request for our (seems to be) wish list

Thanks, El Diabolico! Your suggestion on the case is a good one, though we felt the it should be as compact as possible to promote the fact that the Osmo Pocket is a small device and we did not want to stray away from that. I will speak with the team on this though to perhaps carry another offering.

Noted on the availability and shipping to EU. At this time all products are live on Amazon and we plan to do a better job maintaining and adding new products going forward. At the same time we are working to open up new distribution and retail opportunities to provide a quick and painless purchase experience!
2019-2-6
Use props
darrins
lvl.4
United States

I received the Tripod Mount and Gimbal Lock today. I like them both very much. They have a soft touch feel to them. The Tripod Mount has two holes in the bottom which works great as a place to attach a neck strap which I have wanted on my OP since I received it. It attaches nicely to the OP and feels comfortable for hand holding.
2019-2-6
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

darrins Posted at 2-6 19:27
I received the Tripod Mount and Gimbal Lock today. I like them both very much. They have a soft touch feel to them. The Tripod Mount has two holes in the bottom which works great as a place to attach a neck strap which I have wanted on my OP since I received it. It attaches nicely to the OP and feels comfortable for hand holding.
[view_image][view_image][view_image]

Great, thanks for the info. Is the inside of the mount padded?
2019-2-7
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

PolarPro_Brendan Posted at 2-6 10:07
Thanks, El Diabolico! Your suggestion on the case is a good one, though we felt the it should be as compact as possible to promote the fact that the Osmo Pocket is a small device and we did not want to stray away from that. I will speak with the team on this though to perhaps carry another offering.

Noted on the availability and shipping to EU. At this time all products are live on Amazon and we plan to do a better job maintaining and adding new products going forward. At the same time we are working to open up new distribution and retail opportunities to provide a quick and painless purchase experience!

Hi Brendan, appreciate your quick reply.

It is great to have PolarPro directly engaging with the customers
2019-2-7
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
Flight distance : 711512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Very nice accessories! I'm going to buy the filters and the mount with 1/4" holes
2019-2-7
Use props
darrins
lvl.4
United States

El Diabolico Posted at 2-7 00:30

I don’t remember, but I will check tonight and post a reply. It has a really soft like texture to it. I didn’t seem like it would scratch the OP.
2019-2-7
Use props
k9kids
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4951 ft
United States

The WiFi adapter should have a cutout opposite the USB-C cutout so you can see the LED of the WiFi module.

Received the PolarPro case and it is a must have.

Great stuff.
2019-2-7
Use props
StardustGeass
lvl.4
Indonesia

This is so great... Looking forward to receiving this.
Now, only need to wait for 3rd party waterproof case..
2019-2-8
Use props
StardustGeass
lvl.4
Indonesia

Sorry for double posting, I can't edit the post before...

I just found that polarpro also makes a grip for phone and osmo pocket holder:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/pol ... 242.p?skuId=6329242

It is a bit pricey IMO, but seeing the grip, I think it is very well built!
2019-2-8
Use props
darrins
lvl.4
United States

El Diabolico Posted at 2-7 00:30

Sorry for delay. Yes it does have padding on the top sides and at the bottom. Easy to install and remove when needed. Highly recommended.
2019-2-8
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

PolarPro_Brendan Posted at 2-6 10:07
Thanks, El Diabolico! Your suggestion on the case is a good one, though we felt the it should be as compact as possible to promote the fact that the Osmo Pocket is a small device and we did not want to stray away from that. I will speak with the team on this though to perhaps carry another offering.

Noted on the availability and shipping to EU. At this time all products are live on Amazon and we plan to do a better job maintaining and adding new products going forward. At the same time we are working to open up new distribution and retail opportunities to provide a quick and painless purchase experience!

I gotta say, the tripod mount is the ideal "first addition" to Pocket kit.  Being able to 1) keep the control wheel on while attached, 2) full access to the bottom USB-C connector, 3) being able to add a strap to the CAMERA (not the case) makes it invaluable!

That said, I still want a case with the protective functionality and compact size of the stock design.  I want to be able to keep the wheel attached and your tripod mount.  So, add me to the list of those requesting something like this.  (And drop me a note when it's ready!)  
PS (while I have your attention) ... how about a ND32 paired with the 8,16?  Or at least a choice to purchase it separately.  I never use a 4, nor a 64....

2019-2-10
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

darrins Posted at 2-8 19:29
Sorry for delay. Yes it does have padding on the top sides and at the bottom. Easy to install and remove when needed. Highly recommended.

Great, thanks for the info!
2019-2-11
Use props
PolarPro_Brendan
lvl.2

United States

StardustGeass Posted at 2-8 03:35
Sorry for double posting, I can't edit the post before...

I just found that polarpro also makes a grip for phone and osmo pocket holder:

Very excited about this one! We are working hard to make it available ASAP!
2019-2-11
Use props
PolarPro_Brendan
lvl.2

United States

WebParrot Posted at 2-10 20:40
I gotta say, the tripod mount is the ideal "first addition" to Pocket kit.  Being able to 1) keep the control wheel on while attached, 2) full access to the bottom USB-C connector, 3) being able to add a strap to the CAMERA (not the case) makes it invaluable!

That said, I still want a case with the protective functionality and compact size of the stock design.  I want to be able to keep the wheel attached and your tripod mount.  So, add me to the list of those requesting something like this.  (And drop me a note when it's ready!)  

Thanks for your suggestions WebParrot! I will speak with the group about adding the Osmo Pocket filters to the "Custom" section on our web page where you could buy individually or as a collection with ND8, ND16, and ND32 or any variation desired!

2019-2-11
Use props
darrins
lvl.4
United States

I have a question for anyone here or maybe @PolarPro_Brendan can weigh in. I really like the ND filters especially because PolarPro considered protecting the lens of the OP by providing a coating on the filter. I was reluctant to buy filters until now.

My question is how big of a difference in colors will I see between the ND filters vs the ND/PL filters? The text on the PP website says for a more natural color on the plain ND filters. Also, without connecting a phone to the OP as a monitor, which I rarely ever do as I like the controller, will I really be able to see in the OP monitor enough detail to adjust the polarization?  I purchased the ND/PL filter set but wonder if I should have just purchased the ND filter set. Before I receive them on probably Wednesday, I hope to get some feedback.

Thanks!
2019-2-11
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

darrins Posted at 2-11 19:34
I have a question for anyone here or maybe @PolarPro_Brendan can weigh in. I really like the ND filters especially because PolarPro considered protecting the lens of the OP by providing a coating on the filter. I was reluctant to buy filters until now.

My question is how big of a difference in colors will I see between the ND filters vs the ND/PL filters? The text on the PP website says for a more natural color on the plain ND filters. Also, without connecting a phone to the OP as a monitor, which I rarely ever do as I like the controller, will I really be able to see in the OP monitor enough detail to adjust the polarization?  I purchased the ND/PL filter set but wonder if I should have just purchased the ND filter set. Before I receive them on probably Wednesday, I hope to get some feedback.

PolarPro filters have a rubber coating on top on the magnet to avoid scratching the camera module not the lens itself. I liked that more compared to the naked metal on metal from the Skyreat (I own both).

Polarization saturates colors and increase contrast, therefore it is normal for a non-polarized ND filter to produce more accurate colors considering that it is of a good quality and do not introduce any weird color casts.

I doubt that you will be able to adjust the polarization degree using the screen on the OP, it is just too tiny. What you can do, is bring the filter close to your eye, adjust the polarization and then fit it on the OP, it works wonders
2019-2-12
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

PolarPro_Brendan Posted at 2-11 18:06
Thanks for your suggestions WebParrot! I will speak with the group about adding the Osmo Pocket filters to the "Custom" section on our web page where you could buy individually or as a collection with ND8, ND16, and ND32 or any variation desired!

Hey, thanks Brendan.  We appreciate your willingness to pass along product suggestions.  Makes us both better :-)
2019-2-12
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

[as of Feb 12, 2019] ... FWIW, I was just referring a Poster from MavicPilots forum to the PolarPro website for the TriPod Mount... they are sold out of a number of the Pocket items, including the Tripod Mount!  Word gets around!
2019-2-12
Use props
PolarPro_Brendan
lvl.2

United States

WebParrot Posted at 2-12 07:11
[as of Feb 12, 2019] ... FWIW, I was just referring a Poster from MavicPilots forum to the PolarPro website for the TriPod Mount... they are sold out of a number of the Pocket items, including the Tripod Mount!  Word gets around!

Several of the accessories from our initial inventory have sold out. We are planning to have these back available on the website the week of the 25th.

Thank you all for your support!
2019-2-12
Use props
theprisoner6666
lvl.3
Hong Kong

Hey PolarPro_Brendan

Is there a possibility of an adjustable ND filter in the future? Fixed ND filters are fine for controlled lighting, but in many ways useless in variable lighting conditions unless you use auto ISO to control the exposure, but this can lead to higher noise issues unless you constantly swap out the filter, which becomes a real hassle. I realise it's possible to adjust minor exposure issues in post, but it would be great if we could control the exposure by simply turning the filter element.

Thanks.
2019-2-12
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules