Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Sony A7S II + Ronin S = very jittery motion blur. Thoughts?
811 0 2019-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lstahler
lvl.1
United States

Hi everyone-

I'm new to the forum, but hope you all can provide some input on an issue we have been having.  We have 2 Sony A7S II cameras that we use for video recording and we decided to add a Ronin S to our gear pile for work requiring moving shots.  

We are currently filming a walking tour of one of our spaces.  This is the first time we have used the S and my footage is noticeably bad with regard to the motion blur that we're getting when panning left/right.

I have played with a lot of the camera settings:  IS on/off, frame rates of 24/30/60 fps and shutter speed.  The blur at 24 fps with a 1/50 shutter is horrendous!  60 fps was just way too jittery.  The best (but not perfect) combo seems to be 30 fps around 1/60 shutter.  There still seems to be a fair amount of blur, and is almost jittery.  

I think I've seen some posts saying that the A7S II is just a poor performer in the video pan category - is this true?  We love the S, but I was a bit disappointed to see the footage after several test shots.

Thanks for your help!
2019-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules