Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I've never had an android device. What is different from iOS
1464 7 2019-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TrevorSK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1547713 ft
Canada

I'm thinking of buying the smart controller, but have never owned an android device. I own an iMac, iPad, iPhone, and I have an iTunes account where I get my software. If I buy this, will there be any conflict for me? Will I have to get an account at the google play store? Will it hotspot to my iPhone without difference? Or will I not even notice an android differance?
2019-2-4
Use props
TruGreen
Captain
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

you might need the google play account. which is no big deal i have both apple and android. the only may differece is the app layout seems a few things are placed differently on the ipad than my android tablet. if i remember later today i will screen shot each
2019-2-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we really admire you being interested with DJI Product. With regards to your concern actually it almost the same from the IOS, you will need a Google account for you to be able to download the app from the Google play store. There some changes or difference when it comes to the Interface of the IOS vs Android. And if ever you will have the DJI Smart controller or you need to have the DJI Account to use it. If you have any question or concern feel free to reach us back. Thank you for your support.
2019-2-4
Use props
Corvus monedula
First Officer
Flight distance : 3550594 ft
Poland

Can't tell, never had an iOS device ;-)

Seriously, you don't need a google account for Smart Controller. Actually you cannot use it with a google account.
2019-2-4
Use props
Far_North
First Officer
Flight distance : 278379 ft
Canada

No problem using your iPhone as a hotspot with that controller.  
2019-2-4
Use props
Buzzyone
Captain
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I’m fully iOS with the smart controller as my only Android device. As it is geared up to be used with the SRC it works pretty well. You will find yourself wondering why there are a number of ways to do the same thing.
It hotspots fine to an iPhone too. Some have had terrible problems updating the controller, if you can install assistant 2 onto your computer and update it with that, it’s quicker than over the air, I personally have used both with no issues.
2019-2-4
Use props
TrevorSK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1547713 ft
Canada

Thanks for the info everyone
2019-2-4
Use props
TVOD
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1680082 ft
United Kingdom

I have been told you can use the Amazon App to get other Apps, the difference for me is that i seem to get more notifications than i did using IOS, the GPS at the controller works too could not get home point to update as i walked over the moors above where i live.
2019-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules