Best Non Ipad Tablet
1175 16 2019-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JimPrism
lvl.1
United States

Just recently purchased Mavic Air Fly More package. Flown several times using iPhone 6S Plus but now wish to add a 7-9in tablet. Looking through web for a good price on the recomended reburbished iPad Mini 2-3-4 and they are out of my reach$$$$

Any recomendations for an Android tablet that works well with DJI GO 4 or Litchi?

Thanks, Jim

2019-2-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Jim. Thank you for the information that you have shared with us. We highly recommend using the recommended mobile device for your DJI Mavic Air for compatibility and reliability purposes on both the Drone and with the DJI Go 4 application. I will be posting the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Air for reference. Thank you

2019-2-4
Use props
EFRPIC
lvl.4

United States

I use a Samsung TAB s3....got it under $200 on Amazon....
2019-2-4
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

Why s8 unlisted?
No issues except single freeze one time in djigo4 doing video spill over from craft memory fullhouse into s8 sdcard transition. Installation sdcard craft subsequently.
2019-2-4
Use props
JimPrism
lvl.1
United States

EFRPIC Posted at 2-4 11:14
I use a Samsung TAB s3....got it under $200 on Amazon....

I found a good deal on a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 32mb. Really don't want to pull the trigger until someone knows that this will work with the GO 4 app? Thoughts
2019-2-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

JimPrism Posted at 2-4 14:57
I found a good deal on a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 32mb. Really don't want to pull the trigger until someone knows that this will work with the GO 4 app? Thoughts

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Using the different mobile device that hasn't been tested by our engineers may still possibly work, however, I'm afraid that we cannot be guaranteed if the behavior of the app will always the same especially when there will be an application update. We would recommend using compatible devices that have been tested by our engineers to ensure the stability of the app. You may refer to the post on the compatible devices that have been posted on #2. We do appreciate your understanding.
2019-2-5
Use props
boaterbryan562
lvl.2
United States

Why are several IOS tablets tested compatible but no Android tablets at all yet?
2019-2-6
Use props
JimPrism
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-5 14:30
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Using the different mobile device that hasn't been tested by our engineers may still possibly work, however, I'm afraid that we cannot be guaranteed if the behavior of the app will always the same especially when there will be an application update. We would recommend using compatible devices that have been tested by our engineers to ensure the stability of the app. You may refer to the post on the compatible devices that have been posted on #2. We do appreciate your understanding.

You mention the iPad Mini 2. The WiFi only model does not have a built in GPS chip but the WiFi + 3G model does! In your testing is the GPS chip necessary to produce satellite maps?
2019-2-7
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Xiaomi MI Pad4 wifi+cellular   (8 inch)  does a great job!

cheers
JJB
2019-2-7
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

JimPrism Posted at 2-4 14:57
I found a good deal on a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 32mb. Really don't want to pull the trigger until someone knows that this will work with the GO 4 app? Thoughts

My grandson-in-law won a  Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 32mb as a door prize. He had no use for it and gave it to me. I tried it with both GO4 and Pilot and couldn't get it to work. On both there was no video from the drone at all, screen was totally black.
2019-2-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

JimPrism Posted at 2-7 07:11
You mention the iPad Mini 2. The WiFi only model does not have a built in GPS chip but the WiFi + 3G model does! In your testing is the GPS chip necessary to produce satellite maps?

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. When in terms of flying the drone, the aircraft would automatically detect the GPS signal to react accurately while on the air. If you set the remote controller as your home point then that's the time that you have to have the GPS signal on your device as the aircraft would continue to track the remote controller using the GPS of your mobile phone. Hope this information would clarify your query. Thank you for continued support.
2019-2-7
Use props
Navy Jumper
lvl.1

United States

I literally just purchased a Mavic Air, and the Asus Nexus 7 (2nd gen) to use with it.  I'll let you all know hopefully next week, once everything comes in.
2019-2-7
Use props
Scotty Shep
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136168 ft
Finland

what about a amazon fire 8 tablet only about £50
2019-2-8
Use props
boaterbryan562
lvl.2
United States

Scotty Shep Posted at 2-8 01:04
what about a amazon fire 8 tablet only about £50

The Amazon App store does not have the Go 4 app.  
2019-2-8
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-5 14:30
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Using the different mobile device that hasn't been tested by our engineers may still possibly work, however, I'm afraid that we cannot be guaranteed if the behavior of the app will always the same especially when there will be an application update. We would recommend using compatible devices that have been tested by our engineers to ensure the stability of the app. You may refer to the post on the compatible devices that have been posted on #2. We do appreciate your understanding.

Document what has been blacklisted and document what was never tested?
This way there is no guesswork and clear cut transparent eligibility?
Else suggests favortism of tests coverage?
2019-2-8
Use props
Bopa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 614888 ft
United States

I like my Galaxy Tab S2, it has a great Resolution: 1536 x 2048.
2019-2-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

cutis Posted at 2-8 15:12
Document what has been blacklisted and document what was never tested?
This way there is no guesswork and clear cut transparent eligibility?
Else suggests favortism of tests coverage?

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. We will forward this suggestion to our designated team for consideration and check if we could provide this documentation in the future. Thank you for your support.
2019-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules