Video editing software
1617 25 2019-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gator Don
lvl.4
United States

I have just purchased the Spark with plans to upgrade if needed.

I would like to know of a good entry level video editing software for home videos and maybe small time you tube type stuff.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

The main areas that I would take videos are at or around water, beaches, fishing, kayaking, boating.
2019-2-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Gator Don. Thank you for choosing DJI and for the inqury. I hope you'll get the best recommendation here from our valued DJI Members and Customers with there experiences on what video editing software they are using. Thank you for your support.
2019-2-4
Use props
Gator Don
lvl.4
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-4 11:04
Hello and good day Gator Don. Thank you for choosing DJI and for the inqury. I hope you'll get the best recommendation here from our valued DJI Members and Customers with there experiences on what video editing software they are using. Thank you for your support.

Thank you for the Welcome!!
2019-2-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Gator Don Posted at 2-4 11:14
Thank you for the Welcome!!

You are very much welcome Gator Don. If you have any concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-2-4
Use props
dj_dread
Second Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

welcome!
free software? davinci resolve.
if you want to purchase one, Premiere Pro is the one i am used with.
2019-2-4
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

Three popular choices by this forum users seem to be (in no particular order):

Davinci Resolve (free)
Hitfilm Express (free)
Adobe Premiere Pro (has limited time free trial version)
2019-2-4
Use props
Gator Don
lvl.4
United States

dj_dread Posted at 2-4 11:30
welcome!
free software? davinci resolve.
if you want to purchase one, Premiere Pro is the one i am used with.

Thank you very much, I have heard of Davinci and will likely give it a try. Will check into Premiere Pro as well.
2019-2-4
Use props
Gator Don
lvl.4
United States

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2-4 11:30
Three popular choices by this forum users seem to be (in no particular order):

Davinci Resolve (free)

Thank you very much for your input, will check them out.
2019-2-4
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

Gator Don Posted at 2-4 12:10
Thank you very much for your input, will check them out.

Sure, have fun.
2019-2-4
Use props
ChrisJG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mac user here; iMovie - video editing is another level to learn to make them slick! This https://forum.dji.com/thread-176538-1-1.html from Paride is superb imho.
2019-2-4
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I've had good success with Wondershare Filmora (https://filmora.wondershare.com). It has many of the feature of the top end editors at a much more affordable price. Good luck!
2019-2-4
Use props
MccloudSpark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27562 ft

United States

My W10 PC laptop is (shall I say) a little on the weak/slow side (no GPU) but I have found the Openshot (which is free) works reasonably well.  I have tried all of the others mentioned above and they all ran too slow to be useful.  If/when I upgrade PC platforms that will open a lot of doors.
I only mention this as someone else may be in the same situation as me.
2019-2-4
Use props
wimherman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 208556 ft
Norway

I just started to use Powerdirector… and i must say, very stable, very easy to use, same posibilities as all other heavy programs like daVinci.. I have a Windows Version, and an Android Version which work together. So i can start editing already while traveling on the Android pad/mobile and Chromebook and finish the project later at home on the pc with extended functionality

Anybody else experience With Powerdirector ?

2019-2-4
Use props
Gator Don
lvl.4
United States

ChrisJG Posted at 2-4 13:46
Mac user here; iMovie - video editing is another level to learn to make them slick! This https://forum.dji.com/thread-176538-1-1.html from Paride is superb imho.

Thanks for the link to that awesome video
2019-2-4
Use props
Gator Don
lvl.4
United States

forbsie Posted at 2-4 15:18
I've had good success with Wondershare Filmora (https://filmora.wondershare.com). It has many of the feature of the top end editors at a much more affordable price. Good luck!

Thanks for the info, will check it out tonight
2019-2-4
Use props
Gator Don
lvl.4
United States

MccloudSpark Posted at 2-4 16:46
My W10 PC laptop is (shall I say) a little on the weak/slow side (no GPU) but I have found the Openshot (which is free) works reasonably well.  I have tried all of the others mentioned above and they all ran too slow to be useful.  If/when I upgrade PC platforms that will open a lot of doors.
I only mention this as someone else may be in the same situation as me.

Thank you, can be very useful
2019-2-4
Use props
Gator Don
lvl.4
United States

wimherman Posted at 2-4 17:47
I just started to use Powerdirector… and i must say, very stable, very easy to use, same posibilities as all other heavy programs like daVinci.. I have a Windows Version, and an Android Version which work together. So i can start editing already while traveling on the Android pad/mobile and Chromebook and finish the project later at home on the pc with extended functionality

That one sounds interesting, like the idea of working on it with my tablet while camping
2019-2-4
Use props
Outlier22
lvl.3
Flight distance : 328474 ft
United States

Premier pro for me.  But often I actually just download the video to my iphone and use imovie on the phone.  (sometimes just easier but nowhere near as professional.  ...but i'm not a professional anyway )
2019-2-5
Use props
Gator Don
lvl.4
United States

Outlier22 Posted at 2-5 07:53
Premier pro for me.  But often I actually just download the video to my iphone and use imovie on the phone.  (sometimes just easier but nowhere near as professional.  ...but i'm not a professional anyway )

Did not think about using the iPhone, good idea. I like the idea of using my note pad like wimherman does. This will give me an option with my iPhone or iPad.
2019-2-5
Use props
Sportivod
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66158 ft
United Kingdom

Gator, if you are still looking for editor advice, I suggest you look at this post, which gives a rundown of all the worthwhile editing software, with prices and some pros and cons too: https://www.dronevideoadvisor.com/2019/02/05/what-software-should-i-use/
2019-3-24
Use props
Gator Don
lvl.4
United States

Sportivod Posted at 3-24 11:51
Gator, if you are still looking for editor advice, I suggest you look at this post, which gives a rundown of all the worthwhile editing software, with prices and some pros and cons too: https://www.dronevideoadvisor.com/2019/02/05/what-software-should-i-use/

Will do, thank you
2019-3-25
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

As for me, Premiere Pro is the best choice.
2019-3-25
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Hi Don,

Since nobody mentioned it so far: ShotCut
Free, open source, cross platform, and it work just great for me, even on machines that are no that powerful.
I tried OpenShot (nice but soooo slow) and Davinci Resolve (didn't want to play AAC sound) before.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2019-3-26
Use props
djiuser_75mYvAlhxerv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 172579 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-4 11:04
Hello and good day Gator Don. Thank you for choosing DJI and for the inqury. I hope you'll get the best recommendation here from our valued DJI Members and Customers with there experiences on what video editing software they are using. Thank you for your support.

Hello i hate to hijack someone else's thread but i can't start my own thread yet. Recently flying my spark my Cellphone screen goes blank completely while flying my spark, I was still able to control it with the Remote. I have a Samsung galaxy J3 emerge and i use the Remote Controller and an OTG cable.
2019-4-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_75mYvAlhxerv Posted at 4-21 17:53
Hello i hate to hijack someone else's thread but i can't start my own thread yet. Recently flying my spark my Cellphone screen goes blank completely while flying my spark, I was still able to control it with the Remote. I have a Samsung galaxy J3 emerge and i use the Remote Controller and an OTG cable.

Hello and good day. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out.  Have you tried using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the mobile device Samsung Galaxy J3. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is still not recommended for your DJI Spark as of the moment. Actually, there is a  possibility that the Samsung galaxy J3 will be able to work with the said drone, however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Spark and with the DJI Go 4 application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the Samsung galaxy J3 when in use with the said device and with the said application and if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any inconvenience and any problem. Thank you.

2019-4-22
Use props
djiuser_75mYvAlhxerv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 172579 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-22 11:10
Hello and good day. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out.  Have you tried using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the mobile device Samsung Galaxy J3. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is still not recommended for your DJI Spark as of the moment. Actually, there is a  possibility that the Samsung galaxy J3 will be able to work with the said drone, however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Spark and with the DJI Go 4 application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the Samsung galaxy J3 when in use with the said device and with the said application and if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any inconvenience and any problem. Thank you.

[view_image]

I have an IPhone 6 too, I haven’t had an issue with the Galaxy J3 until recently so I’m not 100% sure what the problem was. I have since downgraded the firmware which has seemed to help
2019-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules