Using Mimo app on an iPad Pro 11
4389 10 2019-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Essjay
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I have an iPad Pro and I installed the Mimo app and bought a USBC to USBC cable. When I connect the OP to the iPad using the cable the OP asks if I want to allow connection to this remote computer, to which I say yes, and the iPad just uses the OP as a card reader, importing photos and video.
Is there any way to use the Mimo app as designed with an iPad Pro or am I stuck with it acting as a card reader only?.
2019-2-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching out. However, iPad Pro 11 is not compatible with Osmo Pocket. When using a non recommended device you will not be able to utilize all the functions of your DJI Osmo Pocket. We highly recommend you to use compatible devices that are listed on our website for compatibility purposes. Please see the attached image below for reference. Should you have further question, please let us know. Thank you.

Screenshot_13.png
2019-2-4
Use props
Essjay
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Thanks for your reply Natalia, the main reason for my asking was that the Mimo app works perfectly with my iPad Air2 using the lightening adaptor with a lightning female to male lead even though it’s not mentioned in your list above. I’m guessing the iPad Pro is not compatible because it uses USBC. At least I know that I can still use my old iPad Air2.
2019-2-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Essjay Posted at 2-4 16:21
Thanks for your reply Natalia, the main reason for my asking was that the Mimo app works perfectly with my iPad Air2 using the lightening adaptor with a lightning female to male lead even though it’s not mentioned in your list above. I’m guessing the iPad Pro is not compatible because it uses USBC. At least I know that I can still use my old iPad Air2.

Hi there, we really admire you being interested in using the DJI Product. About that may I ask have you tried to use the USB Type C Adaptor directly from your Ipad and If you have the WIFI module have you tested it as well? Please keep us posted. Thanks!
2019-2-4
Use props
Essjay
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi, the only way I tried to connect the OP with my iPad Pro was using a USB Type C to USB Type C lead which just made the OP act as a card reader. I do have the expansion kit on order, so when it arrives I plan to see if the iPad Pro will connect wirelessly.
2019-2-4
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

Essjay Posted at 2-4 16:41
Hi, the only way I tried to connect the OP with my iPad Pro was using a USB Type C to USB Type C lead which just made the OP act as a card reader. I do have the expansion kit on order, so when it arrives I plan to see if the iPad Pro will connect wirelessly.

I have an iPad Pro and I can get it to work by connecting the usb c to the iPad then turning on the Osmo Pocket before connecting the other end of the usb c to the bottom of the Osmo Pocket.  If I plug both ends of the usb c into the iPad and Osmo Pocket and then turn on the Osmo Pocket it acts as a card reader.  
I am using the usb c to usb c that came with my iPad Pro.
2019-2-4
Use props
Essjay
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Thanks BobWinNV, I followed your sequence for connection and it works just as you said. Seems strange that the end users of the OP seem to understand how to use it more than the manufacturer ! Now I just need to check it with the wireless module when it arrives.
2019-2-5
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

I have one of those. What would you like me to Check?  It does connect to iPad but I believe it does not support Story Mode while the cable method does.   
2019-2-5
Use props
Essjay
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Thanks BobWinNV, that’s a nice offer. It would be nice if it does give Story Mode, but it won’t be the end of the world if it doesn’t.
2019-2-6
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Essjay Posted at 2-6 02:20
Thanks BobWinNV, that’s a nice offer. It would be nice if it does give Story Mode, but it won’t be the end of the world if it doesn’t.

I checked and the Story Mode is not available when connected to the OP through the wireless module.

I am not much into social media so I do not see a need for the Story Mode.  If I want to do any of the things that story mode provides I can do it in post on the iPad/iPhone with the LumaFusion app.  If you don't know about LumaFusion you should check out some of their tutorials to see what it can do.

LumaFusion Tutorials Link

LumaFusion Reference Guide
2019-2-6
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Essjay Posted at 2-5 00:55
Thanks BobWinNV, I followed your sequence for connection and it works just as you said. Seems strange that the end users of the OP seem to understand how to use it more than the manufacturer ! Now I just need to check it with the wireless module when it arrives.

That's why forums are so valuable.   Sometimes we figure things out before the manufacturers and marketers can.
2019-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules