Phantom 4 Pro does not want to switch to FCC in America.
2314 14 2019-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Filip Kyzek
lvl.3
Czechia

Hello, so I am on vacation in America and I have been using my Phantom 4 Pro in Europe and now when I am in America it should switch to FCC right? But this is not happening. How can I do it?
2019-2-4
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

You might could hack it some way.   Don't know if it's even possible.
2019-2-4
Use props
Filip Kyzek
lvl.3
Czechia

ALABAMA Posted at 2-4 17:53
You might could hack it some way.   Don't know if it's even possible.

But its weird right. But I can say that America is beautiful!
2019-2-4
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Yes, yours was made for Europe, and America is very beautiful.
2019-2-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

What makes you think it's not in FCC mode?
How can you tell?
2019-2-4
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I thought it was auto switching based on GPS,  PM sent
2019-2-4
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There is something you need to realise, when you are in FCC mode, you are better off staying in 5.8ghz, the 2.4 further distance rule does not really apply, i made that mistake when i 1st setup mine for FCC mode over here in the UK, stick with 5.8 and try again before following my advice
2019-2-4
Use props
Filip Kyzek
lvl.3
Czechia

Labroides Posted at 2-4 18:43
What makes you think it's not in FCC mode?
How can you tell?

It didn't ask me to change wlan? And I have 13 channels instead of 11.
2019-2-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Filip Kyzek Posted at 2-5 01:49
It didn't ask me to change wlan? And I have 13 channels instead of 11.

And that proves what?
2019-2-5
Use props
Filip Kyzek
lvl.3
Czechia

Labroides Posted at 2-5 04:08
And that proves what?

That its in FCC? Maybe sorry sir don't have the experience yet so i have no idea. But I was flying today 4 KM/ 2.4 Miles and still full signal. I think its in FCC. I wouldn't been able to fly that far in CE right?
2019-2-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The remote controller automatically switches between FCC and CE according to its geographical location to comply with local regulations. Users cannot manually change it. I would recommend restarting your unit, re-link the remote controller to the aircraft, re-calibrate the IMU, and compass to see if there will be changes. Your aircraft suppose to reach FCC: 4.3 mi (7 km) Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.
2019-2-5
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

13 channels = CE     
2019-2-5
Use props
Filip Kyzek
lvl.3
Czechia

I have 13 channels and today i flew 4 KM/ 2.4 Miles away from me  and still a good signal, does that mean that I am in FCC because in CE i don't think its possible to go that far. Or maybe I am wrong.
2019-2-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Filip Kyzek Posted at 2-5 11:28
I have 13 channels and today i flew 4 KM/ 2.4 Miles away from me  and still a good signal, does that mean that I am in FCC because in CE i don't think its possible to go that far. Or maybe I am wrong.

The distance you can fly depends on the interference in the local environment.
In a good interference-free area you can fly longer distances than in an urban area regardless of whether you are in FCC or CE .
2019-2-5
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you flew that far in the UK in CE mode then i would have said you was standing on a hill.
I can manage  at a push , in FCC mode in the uk on low lying, agricultural land, no wind and 100% clear skies, 4.87km (16000ft)

As you were still on full signal, I would say that you are flying in FCC mode, but then again, you wouldnt really know till you bottomed out on the distance, but for the love of all things holy, make sure your RTH settings are 100% spot on because, even if you dont max it out, just turning the drone to come back can be enough to drop the connection if it was starting to fade already.
2019-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules