Uneven focus issue
1075 9 2019-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CaptBoris
lvl.3
Canada

Noting soft focus on the right side of the image in some shots. It can be mitigated in AFS mode somewhat by selecting the focus point on the right side of the image.
snowday 01.jpg
2019-2-4
Use props
Art-A
lvl.4
Ukraine

AFS is great for main shooting, the effect of the pump is eliminated, autofocus works steadily.
For selfies, it is MANDATORY to tap on the face, because the camera defaults to infinity and the face will be out of focus.
In any case, to focus on a near object, you need to tap it, then AFS from infinity will focus on your object.
Every time you shoot in AFS mode, ALWAYS tap on the object on which you want to focus, especially on the face in selfie mode.
-------------------------
AFC is great for SELFI shooting, autofocus works like a pump, trying to constantly monitor and focus on the face.
AFC, in addition to focusing on the face, automatically stretches the exposure on the face.
If you tap on the light background, AFC adjusts the focus and exposure to it, the face will be out of focus and will be dark. If you tap it on the face again, AFC will focus on it and align the exposure on the face.
AFC slowly focuses on a very close selfie, if the face is at a distance of 15-20 centimeters from the camera, you need to tap it on the face, then the autofocus will immediately focus the face. If, after this, we postpone the camera to the outstretched hand, autofocus will do its job well, but not vice versa. Always tap on the face if the camera is very close to it.
----------------------
In AFC or AFS mode, help autofocus in selfie mode. First tap on the face, then double click to activate auto tracking.
2019-2-5
Use props
Giammi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 847795 ft
Italy

I have the same issue. Looks like that the lenses are not properly aligned.
I didn't send it for repairing because I don't believe they can fix it. I think it's just the dark side of having such a big fixed aperture.
2019-2-5
Use props
CaptBoris
lvl.3
Canada

Indeed, Giammi, it does look like a lens alignment issue. Here's another example, notable on the freighter ship's bridge and funnel. I wonder if a fix in firmware is possible?
2019-2-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

CaptBoris Posted at 2-5 13:14
Indeed, Giammi, it does look like a lens alignment issue. Here's another example, notable on the freighter ship's bridge and funnel. I wonder if a fix in firmware is possible?
[view_image]

Hi, I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Regarding that, I will coordinate this concern to our R&D department for further clarification. Thanks for your understanding.
2019-2-5
Use props
suhaid
lvl.1

Hungary

DJI Natalia Posted at 2-5 13:48
Hi, I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Regarding that, I will coordinate this concern to our R&D department for further clarification. Thanks for your understanding.

Would appreciate a return on this - makes me wonder whether this is a real QA issue.
2019-2-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

suhaid Posted at 2-18 08:29
Would appreciate a return on this - makes me wonder whether this is a real QA issue.

Hi, would it be possible if you could send us another sample photo in different environment so we can further check?  Thank you.
2019-2-18
Use props
CaptBoris
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2-18 08:39
Hi, would it be possible if you could send us another sample photo in different environment so we can further check?  Thank you.

Here are two samples. The first shows softness in the right hand side with default centre focus. The second shows better focus after trying different points at the right hand side of the image with the AFS focus setting. Each shot has to be refocused with AFS every time to get a sharper image on the right hand side.
2019-2-18
Use props
CaptBoris
lvl.3
Canada

Yet another sample showing the soft focus on the right of the image.
2019-3-24
Use props
Drone*Mike
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi, I've noticed the same problem when I was trying to take close-up photos of some coins the other day. However, funnily enough, when I videoed the subject and then took a still in my editing program later there was no sign of any 'out of focus' issues - the still I took was in focus across the entire image - strange?  Luckily I bought the Osmo Pocket for filming with so am not particularly fussed. The "work-around" is to take a still of the 4K video
2019-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules