Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
It was working flawlessly why the battery update?
1160 6 2015-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dangair
Second Officer

Canada

Why? You should make some of these updates optional! My aircraft was working flawlessly and now I need to do a useless, confusing update to just the batteries? I tried, I looked for a text file ... each time NO TEXT FILE ? Word UP?  I am supposed to be walking out the door to go fly fishing at McGillivary Lake in BC and now I'm not sure Iwill be able to shoot anything. What a piss off! 3 days ago I would have been golden but now?????????????????

2015-6-5
Use props
Ph02on
lvl.4
Flight distance : 75673 ft
United Kingdom

You sure you have the bin file in the Root directory of the SD card?
2015-6-5
Use props
w1der
Second Officer

Sweden

You should be able to tell by the flashing leds on the battery if there is an update in progress ones you turn the power on and boot the bird up (make sure the RC is turned off).

Im not sure if it´s useless ... we don´t know exactly what is beeing updated.
It might prevent a fire along the way ...
2015-6-5
Use props
Dangair
Second Officer

Canada

Ph02on Posted at 2015-6-6 04:11
You sure you have the bin file in the Root directory of the SD card?

This isn't the first update I have done. I deleted the help file too? There are some that suggest you must run the batteries right down for the update to take effect? HMMM
2015-6-9
Use props
daver/m
Second Officer
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

Dangair Posted at 2015-6-10 07:12
This isn't the first update I have done. I deleted the help file too? There are some that suggest  ...

No don't run them all the way down for the upgrade ! Do make sure they are Fully Charged before You do your upgrade ..The battery maintenance discharge is done after around 10 normal charge and discharge cycles on a battery....
To do the maintenance discharge cycle you fly it draining the battery to about 20 % land shut it off remove the props re power up start the motors again run it down to 10%
then do a Full Charge and you should be good for the battery maintenance part.
The battery upgrade will get rid of some bugs and ad a feature.. You do not upgrade the RC controller just the bird.
For the batteries when One is finished upgrading shut it down remove it and insert the next and power up again the process only takes Two minutes per battery.. Remember don't turn on the RC controller during the process or try to upgrade it just the inspire. As far as flying without upgrading right away I'm with you every thing for me seemed ok on the previous FW..
If I were me I'd just head out to the fishing trip with no worries .... Do the upgrade later....But that's me.
2015-6-10
Use props
Dangair
Second Officer

Canada

daver/m Posted at 2015-6-11 04:26
No don't run them all the way down for the upgrade ! Do make sure they are Fully Charged before You ...

Yep that's what I did... fishing! I flew the quad too and got a few pics and some short video. But the Mosquitoes were so bad I couldn't stand flying for too long, the blood loss was making me dizzy!
2015-6-12
Use props
daver/m
Second Officer
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

Dangair Posted at 2015-6-13 10:52
Yep that's what I did... fishing! I flew the quad too and got a few pics and some short video. But ...

Was the blood lost worth it ? waiting for the fish that got away story ... Maybe an inspiring photo from the 1 of your trip ...
2015-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules