Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How many extra batteries do you have?
12345678Next >
27206 284 2015-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TChing
New

United States

How many extra batteries (in addition to the one that came with your quadcopter) do you already have or intend to actually buy soon?  I just ordered a P3A and wondering if I should get one, two or more extra batteries.  Just wondering what other people are buying.
Single SelectVote, Total 1964 people participate in voting
P3 Battery x1.jpg

1 (in addition to the one that came with your quadcopter)

P3 Battery x2.jpg

P3 Battery x3.jpg

P3 Battery xmore.jpg

more?

Your user group with no voting privileges
2015-6-5
Use props
bluetazmaster69
lvl.3

United States

Zero. I'm still waiting for my second battery. I do plan on getting at least two more.
2015-6-5
Use props
dmwierz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

My guess is your results aren't accurate. What are the odds that 42% of people have 4 or more batteries?
2015-6-5
Use props
TChing
New

United States

dmwierz Posted at 2015-6-6 05:27
My guess is your results aren't accurate. What are the odds that 42% of people have 4 or more batter ...

The results may be skewed due to the small response rate so far.  As more people answer, it may level out to something more realistic.

It may also be in how people interpret the question.  We'd all love an unlimited number of batteries but I was asking how many people either have or intend to buy.  I added the "intend to buy" because I know shipments have been slow.  
2015-6-5
Use props
fiskld
lvl.1

United States

I will have 4 when the two I ordered May 16 show up.
2015-6-5
Use props
murigius2012
lvl.1

United States

Ha! I'm still waiting for the extra battery I paid for in the "With an extra battery P3P kit". Mine came with only 1 battery.
2015-6-5
Use props
GeneralToner
Second Officer

United States

6 for P3P and 7 for Inspire 1.  It's a hobby and I don't want dead batteries when out to play.
2015-6-5
Use props
Mark97564
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

How long do you want a fly session to last? With calm winds and 60 ft altitude you will get about 22 min out of a battery.. 400 ft high you will get 18 min from take off to landing..  I wanted to have a session go for s hr or more so I made sure I had 4 batteries..  If you have a way to charge 2 batteries at a time 4 batteries will keep you going all day if you wanted
2015-6-5
Use props
DroneExplorer
lvl.1

Singapore

I had ordered mine with the spare battery and my spare batt has not arrive yet. I intend to order 2 more and a hardshell back pack because it can hold 3 spare batteries and one more in the P3 pro. Want to get the maximum flying experience if I fly my p3 pro. I live in a city with high rises all round, need to drive to a spot which I can allow to fly drone.
2015-6-5
Use props
Rimas_M
lvl.1

Lithuania

I have four - 1 with P3, +1 as a bundle with P3 and 2 additional I've bougt later - batteries and zero Phantoms.
2015-6-6
Use props
1randy.pence
lvl.4

United States

1 NUMERO UNO

I cannot get the extra battery from my combo order placed the beginning of May.
2015-6-6
Use props
Rimas_M
lvl.1

Lithuania

1randy.pence@gm Posted at 2015-6-6 19:32
1 NUMERO UNO

I cannot get the extra battery from my combo order placed the beginning of May.

I've pre-ordered combo in mid April. P3 arrived on 11th May, meanwhile extra battery this week only. So you will need to wait a week or so I guess.
2015-6-6
Use props
1randy.pence
lvl.4

United States

Is also interesting DJI will dump large numbers of battery's to their dealers and will nor fill their own order commitments.  
2015-6-6
Use props
TomWolves
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110577 ft
United States

I have three total.
2015-6-6
Use props
Spankybear
Second Officer
Flight distance : 685089 ft
United States

Just got my bundle package battery yesterday! for a total of 2... one more on order
2015-6-6
Use props
vu.q.le
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-6-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Ah so far, Ordered two extra smart batteries. And still waiting for the Phantom 3 Pro', with its included one.

It shall be great when the extras arrive. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2015-6-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

vu.q.le@outlook Posted at 2015-6-7 08:53
What's the point of this thread? Are you bored?

Perhaps in Breaking the piggy bank, but with our permission?

Yes, buy ten batteries, and keep them all fully charged... ;-)

Man, I would and will be so happy,  with even one battery and my Phantom 3 Pro' .
The first 20 flights while only using 50% battery will be tough...

RedHotPoker

Align TREX 700E DFC HV~Spectrum DX8
"DJI Phantom 3 Professional" Parrot AR Drone 2.0
Blade mCPX BL Blade mQX Heli Max 1SQ~Spectrum DX6i Traxxas QR-1 RealFlight 6.5

2015-6-7
Use props
Paul
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4596 ft
Canada

vu.q.le@outlook Posted at 2015-6-7 08:53
What's the point of this thread? Are you bored?

What is the point of this idiotic question?

The guy is doing research to see what others are doing in terms of batteries.

GO HOME, TROLL.
2015-6-8
Use props
FantomDK
Second Officer

Denmark

Two so far, finally got my 2nd today
2015-6-8
Use props
Southern Phanto
New

United States

murigius2012@me Posted at 2015-6-6 07:48
Ha! I'm still waiting for the extra battery I paid for in the "With an extra battery P3P kit". Mine  ...

The second batteries are being shipped. Mine arrived a couple of days ago.
2015-6-8
Use props
Cacc
lvl.4

Canada

Two batteries right now with another 3 on the way. Plus in my case I carry a 12mAh SLA battery with a 300w inverter so I can get about 3 charges while out in the field without anywhere to plug into. Can never have too much battery power if you are traveling to the middle of nowhere for a flight.
2015-6-8
Use props
phresh_5
lvl.3

Canada

Just got my two extra batteries from rcdepot!!
My 2nd battery from DJI is still "pending" after 3 weeks. Ain't nobody got time for that!

2015-6-8
Use props
julius717
lvl.1
Flight distance : 939951 ft
United States

I have 5 waiting for my 6th one.
2015-6-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

I would enjoy having, at the very least, one extra battery!! To All of You battery hoarders!! ;-)
Only slightly envious of you... Well perhaps a wee bit more than slightly.
I have two smart batteries coming, but who knows when DJI will send them up...?

Time will tell..

RedHotPoker

2015-6-9
Use props
S.Nyky
lvl.3

Canada

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-6-10 13:49
I would enjoy having, at the very least, one extra battery!! To All of You battery hoarders!! ;-)
On ...

Hey RedHot, see you are still waiting on your Phantom 3!! Man, I hope you get it soon! I am still waiting for extra batteries to be available at Great Hobbies Mississauga and I hope they will arrive any day now. Weather here has been rainy and windy today so probably won't be flying!
2015-6-10
Use props
smittyvette
lvl.1

United States

I have 3 for both my Phantom 3 and Phantom 2 Vision +.  That is a good number for me.  It allows me enough time for long sessions and it allows me to rotate my batteries around so I don't overly wear one out.
Have fun flying!
2015-6-10
Use props
SilkPurse
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2657 ft
United States

I think 3 total is right.  Ramans, Arthur C Clarke said, do everything in threes.  I only have one which makes me nervous as hell, but I bought one last week from besthobbysite on Ebay.  They say I'll have it on the 16th.
2015-6-10
Use props
1randy.pence
lvl.4

United States

Ordered an extra from CopterShop.com yesterday and it shipped yesterday. DJI says my pre order battery from May 4th will ship next week.
2015-6-11
Use props
sinbad_uk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 117343 ft
United Kingdom

At least you know what Santa is going bring
2015-6-11
Use props
dji
New
United States

Zero  extra at this point.  Ordered one from coptershop just now and have the extra on order from DJI since my original order on May 1st.  Anyone got a thought on when they might ship the combo battery from May 1st?
2015-6-11
Use props
HunterBrooks
Second Officer

United States

I just picked up my two extra batteries from my dealer two days ago.  So I have three batteries in total - enough for just about a full hour.  I hike into the mountains and fly, so it was becoming a real pain hiking for 45 minutes for only like 15 minutes of flying before getting the low-battery warnings.  Now at least the hike will seem worth it.  : )  

I'll probably order one more - the dealer said they should arrive next week if I ordered now.  Not too bad of a turnaround.

I hope everyone's arrives soon!!
2015-6-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

@s_nyky,

Ok, now you and I are back, on the same level playing field, once again. You will have your spare smart batteries one week before I get mine, if you wait, and don't purchase them else where.
Monday, I received  my Phantom, but on Sunday, the day before, I had a terrible bout of gouty arthritis, in my left knee. Sadly which has left me holding my Phantom 3 and staring out the window, whilst standing on one leg, much like a stork, or something that rymes with that Big-Bird. Hahaha
Even though many here are already building up a nice battery stack. We must wait.
Did you attend a New Pilot Expererience there, put on through your Great Hobbies store, which you deal with? Attending that program certainly had its several benefits. And rewards
Such as the $50 coupon towards any Phantom bought in their establishment, but also afforded us, 1/2 off of the batteries we purchased through them.
But they're priced very high to begin with, so half off, isn't much different than buying them directly from DJI. Infact, it might be cheaper going through a third party, as you may have them smart batteries all that much sooner/quicker.
Have you had as much opportunity to fly your Phantom, as you had expected? I came home this afternoon, with big plans, to go out into a near large park field just to do some close proximity flight tests. Instead it rained and ruined my dry flight plans. Oh well, atleast the rain will have washed away most of the dusts and pollens, and made it smell nice and fresh outside. Awesome for my morning run tomorrow. I still need to figure out, just how to transport my Phantom 3, safely on my Can Am SpYder RS-S... It can always ride in the cardboard box it came home in, but there has to be a better way?
Any ideas out there? Shoot them my way, thanks.
No, I can't afford a case or even an ultra cool back pack. Not now. For a while anyways.
Perhaps I'll wait it out, just to see which products, Great Hobbies eventually brings in, for us.

So yeah, I have finally received my long awaited bird, from DJI. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2015-6-11
Use props
HunterBrooks
Second Officer

United States

Hey RHP, I did attend one of those New Pilot Experiences.  I have two dealers within reach of my home, and one of them had the event.  I had been flying a PH2/GoPro for about 5 months before the event, and with maybe 50 people attending, I felt like one of the old guys - lots of first timers there.  It was good.

To be honest, when I first was carrying my PH2 into the mountains with me, I just used a lawn chair that had a backpack built into it.  Yeah, it wasn't the safest way, but it wasn't like I was going through an airport, or walking down Times Square in NYC or riding the subway, with tons of people bumping into me.  I had some basic foam in the garage and cut some pieces to fill-in around the PH2, and it was fine.  So, it's gonna depend on where you're gonna bring it to fly.  I mentioned in a few other posts, I started with the GPC backpack, but found it to be over-the-top safe, but too heavy and bulky.  I then went with my old trusted school-type backpack ($40 USD).  Then I used that crazy lawn chair/backpack.  Now I have a camera backpack which is halfway between the GPC and my normal backpack.

To avoid drawing an annoying crowd, you can even just wrap the original PH3 box with brown paper material (like grocery bags - I cut'em up and use them to make book covers sometimes), and just carry it using the built-in handle.  I mean, hell, the thing shipped half-way around the world in that box.  I'll be perfect for carrying it a few miles away to go fly.  : )
2015-6-11
Use props
sveilien
lvl.1

United States

When it rains, it pours. After waiting 3 weeks for my DJi order for 2 batteries with no ship date in site, I ordered one off of Amazon last Friday. It got here today. Then i saw the local camera shop had them in stock for $129, so i grabbed one.  I then sent DJI a request to cancel my order, about 5 hours ago. I just checked my email, and lo and behold, my DJI order just shipped. So next week I'll have 5 batteries.
2015-6-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Yes, the shipping box may be adequate for the time being, but it will need some exterior covering, as to not broadcast its contents.
I have already ordered a LowePro DroneGuard, but it may not be available for atleast 6-8 wks. So what ever I use, will only be temporary.
There certainly isn't a shortage of brilliant designs already available. I just need a simple, yet safe alternative to a case, for now.
I shall visit a couple of local camera stores, this weekend, and see just what I can find suitable.
Like I don't have enough camera specific bags already? ;-)
I am looking forward to having my Phantom 3 Professional with me at all times.
Lucky thing, I have a seven foot round bed, so there is plenty of room for the both of us... ;-)

RedHotPoker

2015-6-12
Use props
rincondanny
lvl.1

United States

Scored 2 at a local hobby shop two day ago!
2015-6-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Still no ETA for us customers? Wow this is nearly getting to the point of desperation...
But I understand the unexpected huge demand for the awesome Phantom 3 and so the shortage of smart batteries.
The mines that produce the material for these smart batteries must be running 24hrs a day, and the battery manufacturer,
is obviously still not keeping up with the DJI need, to fulfill our world wide demand.

I hope they at least send up some of the requested orders...

RedHotPoker

2015-6-18
Use props
S.Nyky
lvl.3

Canada

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-6-12 12:56
@s_nyky,

Ok, now you and I are back, on the same level playing field, once again. You will have you ...

Hey RedHot, glad you have FINALLY got your P3P!! Must have felt like Christmas! I hope you got one of the mythical Phantoms that have absolutely no problems!! I must admit that I do love my Phantom but there are some annoying glitches that are to be expected with the launch of any new product. Have fun, fly safe and pass along your experiences here and hope we get some extra batteries soon!
2015-6-18
Use props
BobbyB
lvl.1

United States

Wait...they make extra batteries?
2015-6-19
Use props
12345678Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules