Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Kit complete
123Next >
3017 103 2019-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KennyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 674137 ft
United States

It has been about six month in the making but I think my kit is complete. I bought a large case, which in hindsight was a good idea, so that most everything I need will fit.

My Kit/Pack

My Kit/Pack
2019-2-5
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Nice setup!
2019-2-5
Use props
KennyB
First Officer
United States

Thanks ALABAMA I ordered my lights and mounts last night...so even though they are not in the picture I know where they are going and where they should fit. In the process of planning my first night shoot.
2019-2-5
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice setup
2019-2-5
Use props
KennyB
First Officer
United States

Thank you Woe. Much appreciated
2019-2-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day KennyB. Thank you for sharing this information and this picture of your DJI Phnatom 4 Pro. It is simply beautiful.
2019-2-5
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

KennyB Posted at 2-5 07:22
Thank you Woe. Much appreciated

You're welcome.
2019-2-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I love my Plasticase Nanuk 945. Particularly with it’s 6 slots for extra flight packs, and plenty of room for everything in my flight kit.

Yeah,  including my DJI harness, both Lume Cubes with mounts, iPad Air2 and both OEM DJI 100w chargers.

I prefer, getting to leave the props on, too... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2019-2-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

What kind of lights are You acquiring?

RedHotPoker
2019-2-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very cool set up
2019-2-6
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Kenny,

Nice kit!  Be sure to either remove your sticks before storing the remote controller or be sure that the sticks are not touching anything like your harness (in the photo).  The metal memory of the stick assembly can become temporarily distorted if the sticks are not loose and free to stay at rest.  

A remote controller calibration can solve the problem for a flight, but when the memory kicks in, after a while, you have to do another remote controller calibration.  Back and forth, back and forth.  Best to make sure the sticks do not touch anything.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-2-6
Use props
KennyB
First Officer
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2-5 15:44
What kind of lights are You acquiring?

You should know...LOL...not lumecubes (I know blasphemy!!!!) I am getting Strobon Cree lights. I like the size, weight and lower profile.
2019-2-6
Use props
KennyB
First Officer
United States

A CW Posted at 2-6 01:03
Very cool set up

Thanks A CW
2019-2-6
Use props
KennyB
First Officer
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2-6 03:00
Aloha Kenny,

Nice kit!  Be sure to either remove your sticks before storing the remote controller or be sure that the sticks are not touching anything like your harness (in the photo).  The metal memory of the stick assembly can become temporarily distorted if the sticks are not loose and free to stay at rest.  

Thanks and Aloha...Hmmm...never heard of metal memory. I generally leave the sticks on...I will have to look into that...never heard anything like that mentioned anywhere.

Thanks for the tip.
2019-2-6
Use props
KennyB
First Officer
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2-5 15:41
I love my Plasticase Nanuk 945. Particularly with it’s 6 slots for extra flight packs, and plenty of room for everything in my flight kit.

Yeah,  including my DJI harness, both Lume Cubes with mounts, iPad Air2 and both OEM DJI 100w chargers.

Yeah I love it...I think mine is the Nanuk 950, meaning mine has wheels and the collapsible luggage handle (I think that is the difference). It is a great case...only add on I want to get which I haven't yet are the power claw clamp converters that have the built in TSA locks...I bought those already for the one I have at work...just not for my own personal one yet.
2019-2-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're welcome
2019-2-6
Use props
CHASCOADMIN
Second Officer
United States

You might look into a parabolic antenna... I don't know the conditions you fly in, but almost 2 years here flying missions in multiple types of environments with zero loss of connection and solid video.
Screenshot_20190206-063056.png
2019-2-6
Use props
KennyB
First Officer
United States

CHASCOADMIN Posted at 2-6 04:33
You might look into a parabolic antenna... I don't know the conditions you fly in, but almost 2 years here flying missions in multiple types of environments with zero loss of connection and solid video.

Thanks. I have heard of antenna upgrades and boosters and have looked at them from time to time but honestly I haven't run into any issues with loss of connection with my Phantom 4 pro...not once yet. Thanks for the link and suggestion.
2019-2-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

KennyB Posted at 2-6 03:39
You should know...LOL...not lumecubes (I know blasphemy!!!!) I am getting Strobon Cree lights. I like the size, weight and lower profile.

Good luck with those. A simplified approach. Haha

Cheaper, and less useful, by far.

Have fun, with them.

RedHotPoker
2019-2-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

KennyB Posted at 2-6 03:45
Yeah I love it...I think mine is the Nanuk 950, meaning mine has wheels and the collapsible luggage handle (I think that is the difference). It is a great case...only add on I want to get which I haven't yet are the power claw clamp converters that have the built in TSA locks...I bought those already for the one I have at work...just not for my own personal one yet.

I considered a Nanuk 950, but it was just too big, for my SpYder.

Besides, it has wheels, but you can’t tow it. Haha

I prefer mine, with more storage compartments to store my extra gear.

Lume Cubes take up a nice space of their own.

RedHotPoker
2019-2-6
Use props
KennyB
First Officer
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2-6 08:06
Good luck with those. A simplified approach. Haha

Cheaper, and less useful, by far.

I think they will work fine...if I need a spot light(s), not sure I will, or even just a more flexible lighting solution the lumecubes are the way to go...I am just trying to be FAA compliant and that is what they based my daylight waiver on...the strobon cree. I can get four with mounts for about $100.

You may still have an opportunity to say "I told you so"
2019-2-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

KennyB Posted at 2-6 08:31
I think they will work fine...if I need a spot light(s), not sure I will, or even just a more flexible lighting solution the lumecubes are the way to go...I am just trying to be FAA compliant and that is what they based my daylight waiver on...the strobon cree. I can get four with mounts for about $100.

You may still have an opportunity to say "I told you so"

Nah, I don’t bother.

If you make the choice to buy an inferior product, you may end up making a second purchase... ;-)

Not saving at all. Grin.

RedHotPoker

2019-2-6
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

KennyB Posted at 2-6 03:41
Thanks and Aloha...Hmmm...never heard of metal memory. I generally leave the sticks on...I will have to look into that...never heard anything like that mentioned anywhere.

Thanks for the tip.

Aloha Kenny,

The term metal memory is due to springs usually being made out of metal.  The stick assembly may not even use springs but any material, when distorted, tends to keep the distortion until time allows the material to recover its original position - metal memory.

It is just a word to the wise.  I have seen it many times, but not in my DJI products, because I avoid even the possibility in DJI's sensitive input devices.  It is just a precaution to take to avoid having to solve another "mystery" and then get stuck in the back and forth of having to calibrate your remote controller repeatedly.  Not worth the headache.

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-2-7
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Flight distance : 3428747 ft
Spain

Beauty Colours Kenny !! !!
2019-2-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2-7 00:29

You like the American flag?
151E78D9-7862-40CA-BBE5-37BB61F9CFC6.jpeg

RedHotPoker
2019-2-7
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Spain

RedHotPoker Posted at 2-7 00:51
[view_image]

yes i like the american flag ......
2019-2-7
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Spain

this does not mean i like the govern-ments ... or politics

2019-2-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

We are sailing off, to mars in a few more years. Are you enlisted, and ready...?

4BC34001-3C02-4241-99E2-7A0D1729A6C5.jpeg

RedHotPoker
2019-2-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

I wonder how much your case weighs, with your flight kit?

Mine is a beast... like 12lbs empty.

RedHotPoker
2019-2-7
Use props
KennyB
First Officer
United States

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2-7 00:29

Thanks Nebuchadnezzar
2019-2-7
Use props
KennyB
First Officer
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2-7 01:18
I wonder how much your case weighs, with your flight kit?

I am pretty sure it is close to 15lbs but I haven't weighed it. Figure the batteries alone are what probably 4-5 lbs.
2019-2-7
Use props
KennyB
First Officer
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2-7 01:15
We are sailing off, to mars in a few more years. Are you enlisted, and ready...?

Yeah I listened to an astronaut once. One that had been up several times. Space is the harshest environment...and you want to go to Mars. I am not saying we won't do it...but I don't want to be the first...we can't even agree on basic stuff.

What happens on Mars when government funding gets cut?
2019-2-7
Use props
KennyB
First Officer
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2-7 00:51
[view_image]

Trying to not get political. I love America...I am a U.S. citizen. I am a U.S. Army Combat Vet...I served my country in times of peace and war. I am proud of what we once stood for as a country. I love the constitution, the declaration of independence and our bill of rights. I think our founding fathers were brilliant.

All of that said, I am not a republican or democrat...I guess you could call me a constitutional independent with conservative leanings. The past twenty years I have become very conflicted about how I feel about my country. We have strayed so very far from the mark and the road we used to be on. I don't feel that the majority of our politicians represent me or my ideals and I don't see it getting any better.

I fly the U.S. flag in honor of what we used to stand for not what we have become.
2019-2-7
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Very nice! Thanks for sharing!
2019-2-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

KennyB Posted at 2-7 03:43
I am pretty sure it is close to 15lbs but I haven't weighed it. Figure the batteries alone are what probably 4-5 lbs.

I doubt it’s less than 20lbs. Weigh it and see, please.

I need to check on mine soon... been meaning to.

RedHotPoker
2019-2-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

KennyB Posted at 2-7 03:47
Yeah I listened to an astronaut once. One that had been up several times. Space is the harshest environment...and you want to go to Mars. I am not saying we won't do it...but I don't want to be the first...we can't even agree on basic stuff.

What happens on Mars when government funding gets cut?

Yes, space is unforgiving...

Once they land on the Martian soil, it will be easy going. Hahaha

I doubt they will require much. It will all develop, on the planet surface.

RedHotPoker
2019-2-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

KennyB Posted at 2-7 03:56
Trying to not get political. I love America...I am a U.S. citizen. I am a U.S. Army Combat Vet...I served my country in times of peace and war. I am proud of what we once stood for as a country. I love the constitution, the declaration of independence and our bill of rights. I think our founding fathers were brilliant.

All of that said, I am not a republican or democrat...I guess you could call me a constitutional independent with conservative leanings. The past twenty years I have become very conflicted about how I feel about my country. We have strayed so very far from the mark and the road we used to be on. I don't feel that the majority of our politicians represent me or my ideals and I don't see it getting any better.

I love Canada, and am happy we have a maple leaf on our flag.

But, It could be a different plant leaf now though. Hahaha

Oh Canna-da. Grin

Can we all just get along?

RedHotPoker

2019-2-7
Use props
CR125Honda
lvl.4
Flight distance : 491975 ft
United States

Thanks for the reminder. $130 on Amazon for yellow. Just pulled the trigger.
2019-2-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

The drone in the pic, is seriously missing something, she needs a battery... ;-)

RedHotPoker

2019-2-7
Use props
KennyB
First Officer
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2-7 09:46
I doubt it’s less than 20lbs. Weigh it and see, please.

I need to check on mine soon... been meaning to.

Yeah it is pretty heavy...I will have to weigh it and get back with you. That is why I bought the wheeled version...I only have to lift it to put it in the truck or up on a table or something.
2019-2-7
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules