First flight but no video
1543 18 2019-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gator Don
lvl.4
United States

Got my Spark up in the air for the first time last night. I flew it for about 5 minutes then I set it down nice and safe. So nervous I forgot to turn the camera on.
2019-2-5
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

Don't worry, be happy!
2019-2-5
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Learning to fly is more important than video.
2019-2-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Gator Don. Thank you for sharing your first flight experience with us. Don't you worry as time goes by you will surely get the hang of it. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-2-5
Use props
Gator Don
lvl.4
United States

Woe Posted at 2-5 07:10
Learning to fly is more important than video.

So true. I am sure my drone would feel the same way.
2019-2-5
Use props
Gator Don
lvl.4
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-5 07:20
Hello and good day Gator Don. Thank you for sharing your first flight experience with us. Don't you worry as time goes by you will surely get the hang of it. Have a safe and happy flying always.

Thanks, it sure was fun though.
2019-2-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Gator Don Posted at 2-5 09:07
Thanks, it sure was fun though.

You are very much welcome Gator Don and thank you for supporting DJI.
2019-2-5
Use props
Proteous
lvl.4
Flight distance : 228993 ft
Barbados

Set the RTH then hit the record button then take off
2019-2-5
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Felt exactly the same way when I first flew my Spark. Don't worry it get easier ;)
2019-2-5
Use props
fans6f66f9da
lvl.4
United States

be safe when you turn it to sport mode the first time! be in a very open place...
2019-2-5
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

My first spark flight, I just took off, noticed how nicely it held a position, and landed. Second flight, I turned the video on.

I have gone and "shot" a nice video with the video off. Noticed it when I got home and put the SD card in my computer to see the results.

Remember, you cannot shoot cinematic video with a Spark unless you remember to push "record."
2019-2-5
Use props
MccloudSpark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27562 ft

United States

Don't forget that the Spark can sense when you are tense
Been there, done that - and will do it again I'm sure!

2019-2-5
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24259 ft
Australia

Mate, new or old flyers of Spark, we share the same. I forgot to press the record button after adjusting camera settings. I was too busy watching Spark & adjusting camera settings at the same time. I was sad when it landed & discovered I did not press record. Anyway, more reason to try again & learn. Good luck, best wishes & happy flying!
2019-2-6
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

Don't worry.... I have like gazillion of hours of stick time with drones, planes, hellis, cars, boats.... and still sometimes forget to hit that record button.
2019-2-6
Use props
Gator Don
lvl.4
United States

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2-6 09:18
Don't worry.... I have like gazillion of hours of stick time with drones, planes, hellis, cars, boats.... and still sometimes forget to hit that record button.

That makes me feel a little better
2019-2-6
Use props
Gator Don
lvl.4
United States

Sparkz71 Posted at 2-6 07:49
Mate, new or old flyers of Spark, we share the same. I forgot to press the record button after adjusting camera settings. I was too busy watching Spark & adjusting camera settings at the same time. I was sad when it landed & discovered I did not press record. Anyway, more reason to try again & learn. Good luck, best wishes & happy flying!

Enjoying it so far. Keeping it on beginner mode for now.
2019-2-6
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

Gator Don Posted at 2-6 09:27
That makes me feel a little better

Regret only one time, that fly over the nudist beach was fantastic, lol. But have no proof for obvious reasons.
2019-2-6
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24259 ft
Australia

Gator Don Posted at 2-6 09:28
Enjoying it so far. Keeping it on beginner mode for now.

Well done. I still select beginner mode when flying in new areas - just to be safe. Once I'm confident about the area & weather conditions, I turn beginner mode off and adjust the settings to suit requirements. Better to be safe - or risk a fly-away in new areas with unknown interference. You are wise - well done!
Happy & safe flying....
2019-2-6
Use props
ArnoSpark
lvl.4
Kenya

Happened  to me couple of times at the early use of my spark so excited by flying it and forgot to hit the record bottom, which is ok tho i really missed a nice footage but be happy you can still go out and capture that again safely
2019-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules