How to change format from MOV to MP4 ?
15989 22 2019-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
James_nty
lvl.1
Taiwan

After updating my osmo pocket to (firmware 01.04.00.20), it sometimes reset parameters automatically.
The default video format is MOV. Is there any way that I can change it form MOV to MP4 on the osmo pocket (without connecting to the phone) ? thx

2019-2-5
Use props
hedac
lvl.4
Spain

That happened to me this weekend too. Suddenly resets without warning. I don't know why and it worries me. I have many files in MOV format and the others in MP4 from last day. Strange!

I think you need the phone to change it back to MP4.
Other setting I don't find in the OP is the noise reduction.
2019-2-5
Use props
James_nty
lvl.1
Taiwan

hedac Posted at 2-5 07:53
That happened to me this weekend too. Suddenly resets without warning. I don't know why and it worries me. I have many files in MOV format and the others in MP4 from last day. Strange!

I think you need the phone to change it back to MP4.

What is bugging me is that I have to use my phone changing back the OP's parameters. It wastes so much time to do it, but still thank you.
Hope that DJI increase more options to the Pro mode menu.
2019-2-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. About your question. Unfortunately, you'll need the MIMO app for you to change the video format. I hope you understand. Best regards.
2019-2-5
Use props
Shimmers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20 ft
Malaysia

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-5 08:20
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. About your question. Unfortunately, you'll need the MIMO app for you to change the video format. I hope you understand. Best regards.

How can i change the recorded videos from .mov to .mp4?
2019-2-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Shimmers Posted at 2-7 11:41
How can i change the recorded videos from .mov to .mp4?

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. About your question, if it's already recorded unfortunately the only way to change the format is to use a Video converter software. Thank you for your support.
2019-2-7
Use props
Upscaleman
lvl.3
United States

I checked mine and it never changed....still on mp4
2019-2-7
Use props
macarale
lvl.1
Romania

I have the same issue which is annoying as f**k. It resets to default 1080/30p. I have to change it back to 4k 24, D-cinelike, super fine, fit to screen, pro-mode on and in some cases mount the phone to change the format. The point of this camera/system is that you have it in your pocket and can get it out, up and running in 3-5 seconds. If you need to set it up every time, it becomes useless.
2019-3-12
Use props
jordier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 58760 ft
Spain

The same thing happened to me. Suddenly the configuration of many parameters is changed. I have files in .mov and others in .mp4 without having touched the configuration ... It is a serious problem for me, that I work with PC
2019-3-12
Use props
AndyUS19
lvl.2

United States

As much as I like to keep OP, I have to return it due to inconsistent AF and this issue some of you may have. The bottom like is OP has buggy software. They need to provide improved firmware. I hope next version of OP will be better. Good luck.
2019-3-12
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

Upscaleman Posted at 2-7 11:53
I checked mine and it never changed....still on mp4

Mine also never changed ... always on mp4
2019-3-12
Use props
RSW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116736 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-7 11:46
Hi there, thank you for reaching out. About your question, if it's already recorded unfortunately the only way to change the format is to use a Video converter software. Thank you for your support.

Actually, no video converter is needed. Just change the extension from MOV toMP4. The only thing that is different is the file name extension.
2019-3-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

RSW Posted at 3-12 06:49
Actually, no video converter is needed. Just change the extension from MOV toMP4. The only thing that is different is the file name extension.

Thank you for providing additional information. Cheers!
2019-3-12
Use props
djiuser_J8NrrtKwaHL7
New

United Kingdom

If on Windows, you can rename the MOV file as mp4 directly, or you can download quicktime on your computer to convert MOV to MP4 for free.
2019-10-29
Use props
kkmin
lvl.2

China

Input MOV to MP4 on your browser, you will get many video converter. You can try the online converter or third-party video converter, which can convert video in batch and losslessly.
2019-12-20
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

kkmin Posted at 12-20 00:37
Input MOV to MP4 on your browser, you will get many video converter. You can try the online converter or third-party video converter, which can convert video in batch and losslessly.

Why convert when just Changing the extension is enough in this case.
2019-12-20
Use props
Wlee2060
lvl.2

China

Try Tuneskit video converter software to convert MOV to MP4 without quality loss if it didn't work for you by changing the extension.
2020-1-20
Use props
JimEr
New

United States

you could use winx video converter to convert MOV to MP4 with high quality. Meanwhile, you could also use it to change video parameters, remove unwanted part and so on.
2020-3-11
Use props
Mariejohn
lvl.2

India

The format of the videos files from MOV to MP4 can be easily converted with the assistance of a reliable and trustworthy solution i.e. Stillbon Video Converter Ultimate Software. It is the best utility that can instantly convert the video formats from one to another without any data integrity loss. It offers the users to edit, compress, burn DVDs, download, and convert the bulk Videos into more than 1000 video file formats such as AVI, MKV, MP3, MP4, MOV, DVD, etc. It assures no data loss throughout the format conversion process.

The Best Video Converter is fully compatible with Windows OS such as Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, etc. This solution has been designed with an advanced and powerful DVD toolkit to edit and create DVD files in just a couple of seconds. It has a simple and intuitive GUI interface for both technical and novice users to convert the video format without any technical assistance.

For more info visit:-  https://www.stillbonsoftware.com/video-converter-ultimate/
2020-6-30
Use props
Lonesome Crow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 406076 ft
  • >>>
United States

RSW Posted at 2019-3-12 06:49
Actually, no video converter is needed. Just change the extension from MOV toMP4. The only thing that is different is the file name extension.

Good point, thanks!
2020-6-30
Use props
Ashrali
lvl.1

China

here are two video converters I use all the tine.
1. DumpMedia Video Converter (works both online and offline)
2. Zamzar Video Converter   (only online)

2020-9-16
Use props
Drewsamm
lvl.2

China

I got Joyoshare Media Cutter to help me. It can work as a video converter, which makes work much easier. It supports more than MP4 and MOV. In case you need it, it's having a Halloween sale (https://www.joyoshare.com/special/2020-halloween-sales/) with up to 40% off.
2020-10-30
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

RSW Posted at 2019-3-12 06:49
Actually, no video converter is needed. Just change the extension from MOV toMP4. The only thing that is different is the file name extension.

They are two different formats and changing the file extension does nothing. They will continue to play because both formats are compatible with the player s/w  being used.
2020-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules