Is it worth upgrading from a P3P?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans577e8090
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hey guys,

I'm primarily a photographer who is dabbling in video with my DSLR and with my drone. I know the Phantom 3 pro shoots 4k but i'm just wondering if anyone would recommend upgrading from this at the moment, has the image quality/video greatly improved? I know the P3P can do 60fps and the p4p 120fps.. but I don't really know if it's worth the upgrade..
Can any of the other drones stand more of a gust/weather conditions?

Or is there not so much of a difference when it comes to the 4 series?

Thanks!

2019-2-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, thanks for reaching out. I hope one of our valued Customer can share their suggestion and best recommendation with this matter. You can also visit this link: https://www.dji.com/products/com ... ndsite&from=nav for specs comparison with our product. Should you have other concern, please let us know. Thank you.
2019-2-5
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The P4Pro versions have a 20 Mp camera, as against the 12 Mp camera on the P3P. So there is a significant improvement in camera quality. The high frame rates are not a great deal of use, but the P4Pro records video at 100 Megabits/second as against 60 Megabits/second on the P3P.
2019-2-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

There are some refinements in the aircraft but the huge improvement is that the camera sensor is 4 times bigger.
That means a very big improvement in photographic ability.
Add a controllable diaphragm and you P4 pro is far beyond any P3 series drone for photography.
2019-2-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14237874 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Only if you need a better quality image
2019-2-6
Use props
fans577e8090
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks guys! I am looking at commercial work (no license as of yet but that will change in a few months) it's currently for fashion film, general film, photography.

I checked the cost and it's quite a bit more than the 3 pro but I suppose the quality is a lot better.

I'll probably give it a few months with the 3 pro and see how I get on. Thank you for your advice everyone
2019-2-6
Use props
fans577e8090
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2-5 11:23
Hi there, thanks for reaching out. I hope one of our valued Customer can share their suggestion and best recommendation with this matter. You can also visit this link: https://www.dji.com/products/compare-consumer-drones?site=brandsite&from=nav for specs comparison with our product. Should you have other concern, please let us know. Thank you.

I don't think it allows you to compare any of the Phantom 3 series with the newer models?
2019-2-6
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

fans577e8090 Posted at 2-6 09:08
Thanks guys! I am looking at commercial work (no license as of yet but that will change in a few months) it's currently for fashion film, general film, photography.

I checked the cost and it's quite a bit more than the 3 pro but I suppose the quality is a lot better.

I think you will be surprised with the footage your P3P will give you. No doubt the P4 is a step up, and I understand you are using the footage for professional results, but again the Phantom 3 Pro gives amazing results in my opinion. Yes, you will spend quite a bit to move into the P4, but I wouldn't say the difference is like night and day. If budget is not an issue of course go with the P4 . But it sounds like you have decided on the P3P anyway. You won't regret your choice. Good luck.
2019-2-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

RicardoGray Posted at 2-6 09:48
I think you will be surprised with the footage your P3P will give you. No doubt the P4 is a step up, and I understand you are using the footage for professional results, but again the Phantom 3 Pro gives amazing results in my opinion. Yes, you will spend quite a bit to move into the P4, but I wouldn't say the difference is like night and day. If budget is not an issue of course go with the P4 . But it sounds like you have decided on the P3P anyway. You won't regret your choice. Good luck.

I wouldn't say the difference is like night and day.
If you are serious about photography, the difference is like night and day.
2019-2-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Labroides Posted at 2-6 14:24
I wouldn't say the difference is like night and day.
If you are serious about photography, the difference is like night and day.

Imagine if when the Phantom 5 Pro gets released, it will be quite the big deal?!

Plenty of new options and several improvements overall...

RedHotPoker

2019-2-6
Use props
fans577e8090
lvl.1

United Kingdom

RicardoGray Posted at 2-6 09:48
I think you will be surprised with the footage your P3P will give you. No doubt the P4 is a step up, and I understand you are using the footage for professional results, but again the Phantom 3 Pro gives amazing results in my opinion. Yes, you will spend quite a bit to move into the P4, but I wouldn't say the difference is like night and day. If budget is not an issue of course go with the P4 . But it sounds like you have decided on the P3P anyway. You won't regret your choice. Good luck.

I think i'm just geeking out haha, thank you for your response. It's easy to let tech become the deciding factor. I have shot some great stuff on the P3P!
2019-2-7
Use props
fans577e8090
lvl.1

United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2-6 14:36
Imagine if when the Phantom 5 Pro gets released, it will be quite the big deal?!

Very true, I was looking at the Inspire 1 as you can upgrade the camera and maybe that's a better alternative to the 4 pro as you can just upgrade your camera/gimbal instead of getting a completely new drone.
2019-2-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

I wish I could afford a real drone, one with an incredible camera... ;-)

You know the kind I mean, like the drones, pros use...

RedHotPoker
2019-2-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 2-7 02:48
I wish I could afford a real drone, one with an incredible camera... ;-)

The P4 pro is the drone more pros use.
2019-2-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Labroides Posted at 2-7 04:32
The P4 pro is the drone more pros use.

No, I mean Professional high quality drones, not even hobby grade DJI Phantom “5” Pro kits...
Which Phantoms carries a $60,000 camera aboard the gimbal? ;-)

Their models are so awesome...

I love this model, too much...

Buy a nice drone, or purchase a new home? Haha

Yes, DJI.

RedHotPoker

2019-2-7
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2-7 10:03
No, I mean Professional high quality drones, not even hobby grade DJI Phantom “5” Pro kits...
Which Phantoms carries a $60,000 camera on aboard? ;-)

Yeah, wouldn't that be awesome! If only money wasn't a problem! LOL
2019-2-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

RicardoGray Posted at 2-7 10:35
Yeah, wouldn't that be awesome! If only money wasn't a problem! LOL

I like the simple RC for the Stationair... ;-)

Very basic, eh? Hahaha

RedHotPoker

2019-2-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 2-7 10:03
Which Phantoms carries a $60,000 camera aboard the gimbal? ;-)

I know you love to show those but the P4 pro is still the drone more pros use for real work.
2019-2-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Labroides Posted at 2-7 19:38
I know you love to show those but the P4 pro is still the drone more pros use for real work.

Yes, it’s just fun to fantasize...

At my age, that becomes a past time. Hahaha

Reminiscing too.

RedHotPoker
2019-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules