Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Signal loss
637 5 2019-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Recon#7
New

United States

when I’m flying my phantom 4 drone, from time to time when it gets a little ways away it flashes signal loss momentarily. I’m not sure if this is normal but it makes me extremely nervous. I was wondering if there was any remedy for this. I sure don’t want to loose  my drone.
2019-2-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Recon. Welcome to DJI Forum and I am sorry to know that you are having issues when you are flying your DJI Phantom 4. Please check the location where you are flying your drone if there are metal structures that can interfere with the signals of the drone. May I also know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please? Thank you.
2019-2-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to your concern, you may give a try to fly in an open area and make sure there is no any obstruction and interference as well. And before taking off the aircraft to make sure the home point is properly set so there will be no problem with the RTH function. Best regards. Thanks!
2019-2-5
Use props
Recon#7
New

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-5 12:11
Hello and good day Recon. Welcome to DJI Forum and I am sorry to know that you are having issues when you are flying your DJI Phantom 4. Please check the location where you are flying your drone if there are metal structures that can interfere with the signals of the drone. May I also know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please? Thank you.

I am using an apple I pad, I am looking at using my drone at the police department for search and rescue I will be flying over trees  and do not want to loose signal, any suggestions would be appreciated
2019-2-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Recon#7 Posted at 2-5 12:21
I am using an apple I pad, I am looking at using my drone at the police department for search and rescue I will be flying over trees  and do not want to loose signal, any suggestions would be appreciated

Thank you for the additional information Recon#7. Please try to update the firmware of the DJI Phantom 4 if it is needed. I will be posting an official DJI tutorial video on how to prepare you drone before the flight and the remote controller antenna best practices. I hope this can help. Thank you.

2019-2-5
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

from time to time when it gets a little way away it flashes signal loss momentarily.

Actually, this can be very normal, its down to your terrain, anything slightly between you and the drone, i.e tree(s), keeping the antennas 100% alight to the drone can reduce signal drops by a large margin, remember, at a distance, any movement away from the drone can be enough to momentarily drop the signal, always try to keep the drone and controller aligned, you can find this by watching the the signal strength, if it drops a little, move the controller left or right to bring it back up again, also the angle of the antennas can play a big part too.

The video above will show you the best practise for keeping the drone  aligned with the controller
2019-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules