DJI GO 4 Won't connect to Remote Control
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans9e4dbd87
lvl.2
Flight distance : 109154 ft

United States

I recently purchased a Phantom 4 Advanced from a private party on E-Bay.  The Phantom came with a bunch of extras including an IPAD - MINI 2.  The previous owner said that he had used the IPAD with the drone without any issues.  When I received the package, I found that the owner had wiped the IPAD.  No problem I downloaded the latest GO 4 App.  The RC connects to the Aircraft OK - I can power up the motors and the RC light is green.  

My problem is that the GO 4 App on the IPAD starts up, I select Phantom 4 Advanced, but it just shows Disconnected...  when I plug the cable into the IPAD the ipad does make a sound, sounds like it's recognizing that somethings been connected!

I'm using the cable the owner gave me, so I ordered a new Apple Cable as there were some threads attributing connection issues to bad cables.  Hope to try the new cable in a day or two.  I had also deleted the Go 4 App from the IPAD, upgraded the IPAD to the latest iOS 12.3.4 which is the latest as of 02/05/2019, I then reinstalled GO 4 App, but got the same results...  I downloaded the GO 4 App from the Apple Store on Feb 5, 2019.  

I've also ordered an Andriod device to see if that makes a difference.  Hopefully either the new Apple cable or running the GO 4 App on an Andriod device will work....

I'm a newbie to Drones --- but have been developing software for over 50+ years (a real ole programmer)....   I purchased this package because it did have the IPAD Mini 2 which I had read was a very stable mobile device for the Phantom 4 Advanced.  

My question, finally is, is there anything, such as the drone probably being activiated by the previous user, or anything dealing with the activation process that would prevent the Go 4 App from connecting to the Phantom... I havent' gotten into the firmware updates yet, I'm still at the point of trying a different cable.  

Also, if after trying the new cable, andriod device, I can't get this to work, is it possible to send the RC and Phantom into DJI and have them trouble shoot the issue, maybe the RC got damaged during shippment.

2019-2-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please try to re-link your remote controller to the aircraft? Please see the video tutorial below for reference. If you have further question, please let us know. Thank you.

2019-2-5
Use props
fans9e4dbd87
lvl.2

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2-5 14:32
Hi there, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please try to re-link your remote controller to the aircraft? Please see the video tutorial below for reference. If you have further question, please let us know. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CABFbEF_QEk

There doesn't seen to be any issues between the RC and the Aircraft.  I can use the sticks on the RC to fire up the motors and (without the props) I pushed the left stick to lift off and the motors accelerated then I used the stick pointing downward and the motors slowed and finally held the stick down all the way and the motors turned off.  Would not this show that the RC and the Aircraft are in sync?
2019-2-5
Use props
fans9e4dbd87
lvl.2

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2-5 14:32

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CABFbEF_QEk

The Aircraft LEDs blink green and on the RC the connection light is also green
2019-2-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans9e4dbd87 Posted at 2-5 14:41
There doesn't seen to be any issues between the RC and the Aircraft.  I can use the sticks on the RC to fire up the motors and (without the props) I pushed the left stick to lift off and the motors accelerated then I used the stick pointing downward and the motors slowed and finally held the stick down all the way and the motors turned off.  Would not this show that the RC and the Aircraft are in sync?

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. Can you please try to use a different device so we can check? As I check, iPad Mini 2 is not fully compatible with Phantom 4 Advanced. I highly recommend you use a compatible device that is listed on our website for compatibility purposes. Please keep us posted for further help. Thanks.

2019-2-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans9e4dbd87 Posted at 2-5 14:45
The Aircraft LEDs blink green and on the RC the connection light is also green

Would it be possible if you can provide a screenshot or a video of the disconnection issue? So we can check. Thanks.
2019-2-5
Use props
fans9e4dbd87
lvl.2

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2-5 14:49
Hi, thanks for the quick reply. Can you please try to use a different device so we can check? As I check, iPad Mini 2 is not fully compatible with Phantom 4 Advanced. I highly recommend you use a compatible device that is listed on our website for compatibility purposes. Please keep us posted for further help. Thanks.

[view_image]

I so sorry --- My IPAD is a IPAD Air2

2019-2-5
Use props
fans9e4dbd87
lvl.2

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2-5 14:52
Would it be possible if you can provide a screenshot or a video of the issue? So we can check. Thanks.

2019-2-5
Use props
fans9e4dbd87
lvl.2

United States

I will create a video and send it to you -- thanks - tomorrow or the next day
2019-2-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the confusion. Can you please send us the screenshot of the disconnected error message on DJI Go 4 App? Thanks.
2019-2-5
Use props
fans9e4dbd87
lvl.2

United States

Would it be possible if you can provide a screenshot or a video of the disconnection issue? So we can check. Thanks.

I verified the model on the IPAD which is MGKL2LL/A and here is a screen shot from Amazon for that model number identifying it as an IPAD Air 2

2019-2-5
Use props
fans9e4dbd87
lvl.2

United States

fans9e4dbd87 Posted at 2-5 15:10
I verified the model on the IPAD which is MGKL2LL/A and here is a screen shot from Amazon for that model number identifying it as an IPAD Air 2

[view_image]

I will make a video - once I have received the new Apple cables and send it in a couple of days
2019-2-5
Use props
fans9e4dbd87
lvl.2

United States

HI - I will make the video.  One question - since the Phantom had a previous  owner, who was the original person who activated/registered the drone is it possible that the application won't connect because the I'm running the app with my DJI user-id, the application did ask me for my DJI user-id and password when I started it up on my IPAD the first time... I've read that they don't change the user-id who initially registered the drone since it starts the warranty period, but would a difference  user-ids make a difference when running the drone, I wouldn't think so because... Let me know....

Again, once my new cables arrive, I will start creating the video.
2019-2-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans9e4dbd87 Posted at 2-6 05:47
HI - I will make the video.  One question - since the Phantom had a previous  owner, who was the original person who activated/registered the drone is it possible that the application won't connect because the I'm running the app with my DJI user-id, the application did ask me for my DJI user-id and password when I started it up on my IPAD the first time... I've read that they don't change the user-id who initially registered the drone since it starts the warranty period, but would a difference  user-ids make a difference when running the drone, I wouldn't think so because... Let me know....

Again, once my new cables arrive, I will start creating the video.

Actually, it will not affect the compatibility of your device to the drone. It's fine to use different log-in. I hope this helps.
2019-2-6
Use props
fans9e4dbd87
lvl.2

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2-6 08:26
Actually, it will not affect the compatibility of your device to the drone. It's fine to use different log-in. I hope this helps.

Thanks for all you assistance with my first issue.  

I received a new cable today and that solved my connection issue, so glad.   I had updated my IPAD Air 2 to IOS 12.1.3 and downloaded the latest DJI GO 4 app from the apple store, everything is working great, I took my first "beginners" flight this afternoon.  

Thanks Again!!
2019-2-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans9e4dbd87 Posted at 2-6 14:33
Thanks for all you assistance with my first issue.  

I received a new cable today and that solved my connection issue, so glad.   I had updated my IPAD Air 2 to IOS 12.1.3 and downloaded the latest DJI GO 4 app from the apple store, everything is working great, I took my first "beginners" flight this afternoon.  

Hi, Awesome! That's good to know that it's now working. Please feel free to reach us if you other concern. We're glad to help. Thank you.
2019-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules