Osmo Pocket Color Flicker in Videos
10510 53 2019-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiman84
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Manual ISO does work, as i shot in the second half of my holiday in last month. But its a pain to continue having to stop recording and switch up and down ISO when moving between lighting situations. My DJI OSMO Pocket is in the DJI Netherlands repair centre as we speak, so i hope they are able to find the issue and fix for everyone with a software update.
2019-7-4
Use props
djiman84
lvl.1
United Kingdom

leeviz Posted at 7-3 01:39
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o3vf81ul4t54pk5/OsmoFlicker.mov?dl=0

I don't think it only happens in low light situation. I see it in footage shot outdoors. Sky was overcast but not dark environment. Please DJI fix this issue.

Agreed, its not just low light, I've see this many times in many different lighting situations.
2019-7-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Must be some auto feature indeed.
2019-7-5
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done - thanks again for sharing!
2019-7-5
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

djiman84 Posted at 6-14 20:08
Can you also confirm that the logs don't include any thumbnails encoded within?

Thanks.

The Osmo Pocket logs only contain the camera status info without any personal info, such as pictures, or thumbnails.

2019-7-9
Use props
Michox
New
Panama

Hello, i have read all comments, and i hope DJI fix this soon, we all bought a product thinking it will be the best choice over other options like the GoPro, so please take this issue serious because there is no way we can use the flickering footage neither  shot on manual iso every time. Please tell us when this will be fixed to reschedule my shooting with clients.
2019-7-20
Use props
leeviz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39446 ft
United States

I don't see any response from DJI nor public outcry with hundreds of youtube samples of flicker in the osmo footage, which makes me think that this may be limited to a certain batch of products. I will contact support for possible replacement.
2019-7-26
Use props
paperclip
lvl.2
Indonesia

I already following this thread for a couple of weeks and do not see any updates. I maybe one of them who shoot automatic settings and haven't notice an issue like this before the last firmware update.

Really hope this can be fixed immediately with the new firmware update and without waiting and do any process of replacement product.
2019-7-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The Eastcore Posted at 2-8 09:58
Update:
After more testing, I can confirm a couple of things:

Hi there, sorry for keeping you waiting. Our engineers are keeping analyzing the issue and will update timely. As you mentioned, this does happen in Standard color mode as well, could you export some original issue video in Standard color mode and upload to Dropbox or Google Drive? We'll forward to our engineers for further analysis. Thanks in advance!
2019-8-21
Use props
nerla
lvl.1

Same issue here.
2019-9-11
Use props
griffdude13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 53507 ft
  • >>>

I think what's happening, and I work with other cameras that do this too, is that the camera is adjusting the contrast to better detect focal points. It's less noticeable in bright environments, but the example videos have either dark environments, or dark elements that the camera is confused by, and its attempting to adjust contrast to find points of focus.
2019-9-13
Use props
Yonatan
lvl.1

Israel

Hey, is there any news about this? I have experienced this too, i dont recall having this in the past, very annoying.
Thank you
2019-11-26
Use props
djiuser_wd8PVwYG9i0r
New

India

I am getting a white patch like flicker on all my videos , please help
2020-1-27
Use props
djiuser_8gr3cyFh5L80
New

Philippines

I am having the same issue but worst. This happens in story mode. At first the regular video mode was okay then I used story then this issue happened then when I turned to the regular video mode now it has the same issue.
2021-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules