1374 11 2015-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
serge.sozonoff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 545043 ft
Switzerland

Hi flyers,

Here is some footage taken recently with my Inspire 1. I shot it solo and all camera angles were based on pointing the nose of the I1 where I wanted it with the exception of camera pitch angle which I controlled with the thumb wheel.
I flew the Inspire 1 at full stick deflections (GPS Mode) in forward flight, reverse flight and sideways flight. Had a blast! Hardest part is getting a smooth Yaw.

Sorry about the angled horizon, seems to be a known issue of the more recent firmware. It can be corrected in post production but what you see in this video is raw footage.

Enjoy,
Serge

2015-6-5
Use props
Kvamen
lvl.2

Norway

Love it.
2015-6-5
Use props
cravac
lvl.3
United States

Nice work!!
Good flying
the angled horizon can also be fixed in setup
gimbal roll adjustment in the gimbal section
I always set mine to -.6 and it seems to work good and mine starts off similar to yours
have to set it after every power up, it's not a saved setting yet
2015-6-5
Use props
Wolfman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 405659 ft
Australia

Good work serge,

where were flying from one of the boats or from the shore?
2015-6-5
Use props
serge.the.flyer
lvl.2
Switzerland

cravac Posted at 2015-6-6 08:29
Nice work!!
Good flying
the angled horizon can also be fixed in setup

Hi,

Thanks for the tip regrading the gimbal roll adjustment, sadly it does not work. I can straighten the gimble while in hover using the gimbal roll adjustment but then I start flying and it goes out of whack again!

Serge
2015-6-5
Use props
peter.psilver
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Great video.
2015-6-5
Use props
serge.the.flyer
lvl.2
Switzerland

Wolfman Posted at 2015-6-6 08:39
Good work serge,

where were flying from one of the boats or from the shore?

Hi,

Both but mainly from a boat.

Serge
2015-6-6
Use props
Wolfman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 405659 ft
Australia

serge.the.flyer Posted at 2015-6-6 16:12
Hi,

Both but mainly from a boat.

Hi serge,

is there no issue arming on a moving boat? I am curious as to what the imu thinks taking off from a moving platform.

Got a job coming up a few km offshore and no opportunity to calibrate on land prior to leaving, any advice with your experience over water would be appreciated.
Cheers,
2015-6-6
Use props
serge.the.flyer
lvl.2
Switzerland

Wolfman Posted at 2015-6-6 17:01
Hi serge,

is there no issue arming on a moving boat? I am curious as to what the imu thinks takin ...

Hi,

I am going to say it like it is and either get criticised by others or not. I very very rarely do an IMU calibration, I look at the initial values at power up and decide from there. I have probably performed the same number of IMU calibrations as firmware upgrades.

My experience from boats has been that as long as the boat is not moving too much and you have a decently flat platform to take off from its fine. Most of the boats I have been operating from are relatively small and so I usually land in my hand, this being the safest option available given the surrounding environment.

If the sea is calm enough and you are comfortable flying you can also take one of those king size inflatable
mattresses with you and use that as a takeoff and landing platform from the water.

The current issue which worries me the most when out on the water is the battery jumping to a critical level and forcing a landing.... I have only experienced it once (and posted about it) when performing a second flight on a non fully charged battery (TB47) before I had educated myself on the forum that many others are having this issue. Its unacceptable!

Another piece of advice, attach a couple of these 3-4, http://www.water-buoy.com/, to your airframe in case you do go down in the water. Salvage what you can and be ready for the battery to burst into flames.

Good luck with your project!

Serge
2015-6-6
Use props
tapboxer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 824672 ft
United States

You might think about using something like this, if you're always on water.
2015-6-6
Use props
serge.the.flyer
lvl.2
Switzerland

tapboxer@gmail. Posted at 2015-6-6 19:43
You might think about using something like this, if you're always on water.
https://www.youtube.com ...

Thanks for the tip!

Clever but I am a little worried about loss of agility and the possibility that those end up showing in my shots. Also not sure I would land with those directly on water during a windy day.

At the end of the day everyone has to use what works best for them considering their flying style and what they are trying to achieve.

Happy flying,
Serge
2015-6-6
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Brilliant video thanks for sharing.
2015-6-6
Use props