Horrible DJI Products and Customer Service
1718 23 2019-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans945559b5
lvl.1
United States

STAY AWAY FROM DJI PRODUCTS...

I want to express my horrible experience with DJI and their products. I warn anybody to think twice before they purchase any products from DJI. Last Christmas my wife as a gift purchased the DJI Mavic Pro drone for me literally a stretch for us for 1k. In that span of a year i must have flown it only a matter of five times and taking care of it so carefully just like all my things. On the last flight i notice a smudge on the screen thinking it was on the lens i clean it and nothing, i even changed phones to see if it was the screen and nothing. So it pretty much was something internal in the lens. I call customer service literally the next day and they came to conclusion i need to send it in. I send in the drone and they themselves said the drone was in perfect condition and that in fact the problem was with a faulty lens. So i said ok well i know I'm out of the warranty for two weeks they will help a customer and repair it free of cost. Boy was i wrong everything with customer service and how employees treat you was a nightmare. They said i had to pay $166 dollars to fix it and that the product has warranty for a year but that the gimble only had 6 months warranty. I argued and said im only two weeks away from warranty and i only flew the drone 5 times its not supposed to be faulty after such little use and good care. They didnt care. They never tell you that the gimble has a different warranty.  Then i escalated to have a manager call all to tell me he couldnt do anything. I said well your a manager connect me with someone higher that can do something. They said he was the highest in authority but couldnt do anything. Wow a faulty drone and they dont want to honor up to their bad products and to top it off if they do fix it then its only protected for 30 days and it breaks again repairs are my responsibility again. WOW. And let me add few weeks ago i bought the DJI Osmo pocket only to have audio problems and sound delays and it was literally a brand new product with a lot of problems. I returned it in a heartbeat few days ago. Garbage. Make the long story short its a money pit and it almost seems they want these problems to happen so you can continue to fork out more money. I never had this issue with any electronic company in my life. I suggest sticking with other companies that are consumer friendly like gopro etc. And better believe it i will escalate this through a legal process. I'm sure Im not the only one going through this.

2019-2-5
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

You might have encountered the corrupt employees, that were sacked not that long ago.
I mean I’m generally happy with DJI and their drones, even though they gave me only 15% discount when I lost my first Spark.
They make the best drones out there period.

Flysafely
Alex
2019-2-5
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi fans945559b5. Sorry to hear about the frustrations. Allow to me to put my hands on this one and making sure that this will be escalated to the higher level of management. We appreciate your patience and understanding. Thank you.
2019-2-5
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have been pretty satisfy with my many DJI drones and products. It's the best out there and I have seen my share of bad copters.   
2019-2-5
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

I wonder what happened to the last guy who threaten legal actions against DJI. Also, under the DJI's EULA there is an arbitration cause.
2019-2-5
Use props
fans945559b5
lvl.1
United States

Alex B. Posted at 2-5 15:04
You might have encountered the corrupt employees, that were sacked not that long ago.
I mean I’m generally happy with DJI and their drones, even though they gave me only 15% discount when I lost my first Spark.
They make the best drones out there period.

I don't understand then how I have had such bad luck with two different products.  Im saying fool me once, twice, but definitely not three times.  What frustrates me the most is how the so called manager and the customer service approached the problem, I was insulted from the start.  That's why Im pretty much done with them.  I had cheaper electronics that didn't cost 1k that has lasted me a very long time.  Now I understand if I overused my drone or mistreated it, but literally out of five times that I flew it? And noticed the problem the fifth time I flew it that the the lens will had the problems, NOT OK! Especially on such a expensive drone.  Im not looking for any handouts or anything just customer service to be more reliable when it comes to these type of issues especially when it wasn't me that caused it, it was a faulty gimble to begin with.   
2019-2-5
Use props
SgtDannySgt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 283904 ft
Costa Rica

DJI Warranties are here: https://www.dji.com/ca/service/policy

Clearly states gimbal is 6 months mate.
2019-2-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I’m not to sure I’m getting this, your 12 month warranty was up over finished, your gimbal coverage was up over 6 months, I’m aware that my gimbal and battery is covered for only 6 months, it unfortunately for you in the small print.
I know you weren’t aware that your gimbal was only 6 months warranty, but you were aware you 12 month warranty was up, but you expected your drone should still be covered , I’m not sure this is correct,I’m aware and I’m sure everyone is aware that a 12 month warranty is for 12 months, why should they fix it outside of warranty or do you think that we all should get extensions on our warranties, i. Confused.
2019-2-5
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI drones are the best on the market, you might want to try gopro Karma!
2019-2-5
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

2 inspires
1 mavic air
1 mavic pro
1 phantom se 3
1 osmo mobile
1 osmo pocket
1 ronin s

Can't fault DJI, in fact my only issue I found was with Samsung, switched to iPad mini and no issue since.

2019-2-5
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Hate to break it to you, but if it's out of warranty - it is out of warranty.

Now if you can show it went bad prior to warranty expiring, DJI dragged its feet suggesting you ''try this'', ''try that'', ''try other''; or return process caused your drone to be out of warranty - then you got a case.

''They said he was the highest in authority but couldnt do anything. ''

That is new norm for lousy customer support at many companies.  Their goal is to get you to give-up and go-away.  

Recentlyt wasted several hours of my time with supposedly highest level support at Name-Brand company (not DJI), and it was very clear from lack of the person's knowledge that person was 2nd-tier support.

2019-2-5
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

M2Wair Posted at 2-5 17:03
2 inspires
1 mavic air
1 mavic pro

Was it really fault of Samsung, or a case of DJI failing to code GO-4 properly for Android OS?
2019-2-5
Use props
Joe.Mavic.D.HH
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8230085 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi, I think fans945559b5 main concern was how he was treated by DJI employees. If that was really the case then DJI has something to improve on. Friendliness and kindness should be taken for granted by the customer service (same of course for the customer!) Regarding the warranty, fans945559b5 must have been aware of the specific periods for different parts of the drone and unfortunately, for claiming a production failure it doesn't matter how often and how long the item has been used.
So far, I'm pretty lucky with my DJI products, no rotten tomatoe yet.
2019-2-6
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10321657 ft
Canada

DJI has always treated me right. I have always had good service with them , their support team are the most helpful, ranting and complaining will not amount to better service.
2019-2-6
Use props
fans945559b5
lvl.1
United States

Its not so much of the warranty rather then a faulty product that only using it 5 times in span of a year will be defective especially on a one thousand dollar investment. Again i bought the osmo pocket and thank god i saw it was defective right out of the box. If not i would have had the same problem some months from now. And yes customer service was plain bad all across the board.
2019-2-6
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

2 inspires
1 mavic air
1 mavic pro

Agree 100%. apple seems to be the device of choice with DJI. Works flawlessly for me.
2019-2-6
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

fans945559b5 Posted at 2-6 01:16
Its not so much of the warranty rather then a faulty product that only using it 5 times in span of a year will be defective especially on a one thousand dollar investment. Again i bought the osmo pocket and thank god i saw it was defective right out of the box. If not i would have had the same problem some months from now. And yes customer service was plain bad all across the board.

Yep... it sucks when something like this happen.
Legally, I don't think you can do much as warranty policy clearly states it's 6 months for the gimbal and camera. Fine print catch.
Some time ago, I've switched from buying to actually renting DJI equipment due to not willing to deal with DJIs aftersales but I guess it's not an option for anyone. Pros are that you can have whatever drone you need, no worries about cost of ownership (props, battery, servicing, insurance....), no struggling with dji support, cons are probably higher total price for frequent flyers that don't actually make money out of it and a hassle to go to the renting facility.
2019-2-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lines are drawn in policies for legal reasons to protect both the consumer and the manufacturer. Your warranty is for 12 months - not 12 months and two weeks. This is not poor customer service but an unreasonable expectation on your part for a company to breach it's internal policies to take a favouritist approach to your individual situation. Sadly, you have absolutely no legal position here. For the record, I have owned nine DJI drones and had one DOA over two years ago which was replaced with a brand new one. Other than that, DJI has been great to do business with and I think your thread is a really poor attempt to resolve your dispute.
2019-2-6
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2-5 19:48
Was it really fault of Samsung, or a case of DJI failing to code GO-4 properly for Android OS?

It could well be, that said other android brand users didn't have the same issues we did with our Samsungs, other brands worked whereas our samsungs failed, so it would be a fair assumption the issue was with Samsung.
2019-2-6
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 235892 ft
Czechia

I do not know how it is in the US, but in the EU is allways a 2-year warranty for the purchased goods, and if the manufacturer says anything another, acting illegal. The only exception is the battery for 6 months.
2019-2-6
Use props
SgtDannySgt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 283904 ft
Costa Rica

In Canada it is same as USA. 1 year except battery and gimbal.
2019-2-6
Use props
Rancher
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56824 ft
United States

While I agree, out of warranty is out of warranty, when I buy an item, let's say a radio....I do not expect to have to read the entire warranty.

Yes yes.. I know.. "you SHOULD expect to read it.." I get it.. and... if you drive your happy butt to my house and prove you read every warranty for every item you own.. I'll buy you a dang cookie.. heh

But.. for argument's sake only... one would not expect that "transformer A" has a 2 month warranty, but "Transformer B" has 1 year, unless it is on a Tuesday of an even year that you made the purchase.

Point being, the guy has a gripe, and gripes help us all make better choices, and companies make better offers and products.

When I bought my Mavic Pro....I had a battery die after 5 charges or something like that.... Now, since I had not used that battery much before then, it was outside the 6 month warranty.

It sucks...I have 4 other batteries (5 now.. heh).. and the diagnostics clearly showed it had a bad cell and a bubble formed and yet, it was "out of warranty".

Me, I think a warranty on a $100 item that is vital like that should be on the hours used or something.... sorta like a car.. but, hey.. that would require better quality, and thus a higher price.. I get it.. but.. does not mean the complaint is not legit.

That being said... I agree.. the Mavic is the best out there in it's price range, and in a few others ;)

R

2019-2-6
Use props
fansea64d415
New
United States

2 inspires
1 mavic air
1 mavic pro

Can you provide assistance with phantom 3 Pro.
Devices used- iPhone X, iPad mini 1. Drone worked 4-5 months ago but can’t even get camera view connection with either device.  TYIA
2019-2-6
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

fansea64d415 Posted at 2-6 22:17
Can you provide assistance with phantom 3 Pro.
Devices used- iPhone X, iPad mini 1. Drone worked 4-5 months ago but can’t even get camera view connection with either device.  TYIA

I would try a reset to factory settings, also uninstall the app and reinstall. See if that helps
2019-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules