Programmable Actions
824 4 2015-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lightpanther
lvl.3

United States

It would be a useful enhancement to have simple programmable actions recordable into the drone.

For instance, orbiting an object, espcially a large round object such as a statue or fountain. Set the radius of orbit.

"Move forward slowly 20 meters, while rising gradually two meters"...the likes of which would be useful for, say,  "drone selfies" so that they could be done without having to sit with an RC transmitter in your lap (assuming you don't have an accomplice).

I also think it would be possible, in principle, to program in basic sequences by "walking" them and then the drone can smooth them out and convert them into an aerial sequence...perhaps even having a settable height for "playback."

I'm not saying this is useful for all scenarios, or even most flying...but I can definitely see some uses.

2015-6-5
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What you are describing is "Ground Station" and POI. Not sure about groundstation but POI is scheduled in the very near future ;)

You can now buy the official DJI Hardshell Backpack
Remember to buy extra propellers and one or two spare batteries to keep you flying
www.Phantom-Guide.co.uk - The Ultimate Phantom 3 Resource

2015-6-5
Use props
lightpanther
lvl.3

United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-6-6 06:51
What you are describing is "Ground Station" and POI. Not sure about groundstation but POI is schedul ...

Does Ground Station work on a "micro scale" though? Maybe it does. I'm just not sure. For example, to describe a flight path inside the rooms of your home?
2015-6-5
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

lightpanther Posted at 2015-6-6 06:58
Does Ground Station work on a "micro scale" though? Maybe it does. I'm just not sure. For example, ...

On the Phantom 2 vision it relied on GPS and a map.. I think it will still require this. I think indoor flying just requires practice and you should get as good of results ( same as flying outside, its just practice to orbit around an object ).
2015-6-5
Use props
lightpanther
lvl.3

United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-6-6 07:02
On the Phantom 2 vision it relied on GPS and a map.. I think it will still require this. I think i ...

Yeah, I can see that orbiting would get better with practice. But it would still be nice to be able to take a shot of oneself without holding a transmitter. At the moment (again assuming you don't have an accomplice) you simply have to hover and put the transmitter aside, out of shot. It's not the best solution  {:2_27:}
2015-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules