GOOGLES RE - Center Axis (Forward flight axis)
422 0 2019-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SystemLord
lvl.1
United States

Good afternoon everyone,

I got my Mavic 2 Pro and GOOGLES RE about a month ago and have been learning it. I have not used the GOOGLES a lot (especially long range) and cannot yet comment on the range issues i have read about, i have been keeping the drone close range (<400m) and the GOOGLES have been working fine for that.

My question here (possible future feature request) is related to the center axis of mavic being displayed when using the googles.

When switching into the "Head tracking gimbal mode" the googles can be used to look around by moving the head and while the head motion tracking is quite good i have noticed that over time and larger head movements the "zero position" (straight forward facing camera) can shift so when you think you are looking straight ahead the camera might be off 10-20 deg from the forward flight axis of the mavic 2.

I guess similar to the artificial horizon that can be used to make sure the head is level (which is easy to notice) an additional line or the sorts of the aircraft center axis (forward flight axis) would be very useful.

The Googles do display the (H) Home location and a compass with N on top and the aircraft flight axis relative to N (North) but nothing indicates the angle between the camera gimbal direction relative to the forward flight axis of the drone.

I am not sure if there is an option to enable something like this or i am just missing it on the screen but any input would be appreciated.

All Firmware is up-to-date and i am using the Mavic 2 Pro and GOOGLES RE.

(PS by forward flight axis or flight axis or center axis i mean the axis of the aircraft when only the forward or backward joystick is pressed).

2019-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules