Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Brand new Inspire 2 won't power down
2688 12 2019-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dbawel
lvl.1
United States

Hello,

I have a brand new Inspire 2 and new batteries from DJI; but the drone won't power off. It flies fine, then I have to eject the batteries to turn off. I had the same issue with this when I bought it a month ago, but repeating the firmware update seemed to solve this issue. However, I went to fly the drone this morning, and everything worked fine but now the drone won't power off. Even if I just power on the dron with a different pair of batteries, everything works fine, but again the drone won't power down.

I hope I can solve this, as it's been powering down fine for the last month; and I HATE ejecting the batteries to turn off.

Thanks,

DB
2019-2-5
Use props
Nchumchal
lvl.1
United States

I'm new to the inspire 2 and was having the same problem. I was pushing the on button 5x to make my drone go from landing mode to travel mode, all this would do is turn drone on without changing mode (started in landing and not go into travel or vise versa), but now I wouldn't be able to turn off without ejecting batteries. Since my hard case is setup for travel mode I just leave it in this mode.

If I turn the drone on by pushing on once and holding for 2 seconds it allows me to turn off, same way by pushing on once and holding it again for 2 seconds. If I need to go into travel mode I can get it to work through app and then drone will power off.

Not sure if this helps you but this is my current solution. I will wait to see what others say. Are you pushing the on button 5x and then drone wont turn off? If so try what I did and see if it helps- At least you won't have to pull batteries to power off.
2019-2-5
Use props
Galen777
lvl.1
United States

Nchumchal Posted at 2-5 21:02
I'm new to the inspire 2 and was having the same problem. I was pushing the on button 5x to make my drone go from landing mode to travel mode, all this would do is turn drone on without changing mode (started in landing and not go into travel or vise versa), but now I wouldn't be able to turn off without ejecting batteries. Since my hard case is setup for travel mode I just leave it in this mode.

If I turn the drone on by pushing on once and holding for 2 seconds it allows me to turn off, same way by pushing on once and holding it again for 2 seconds. If I need to go into travel mode I can get it to work through app and then drone will power off.

Hello,

My Inspire2 often won't go to travel mode or power off. As you do I have to eject the batteries. This has happened to me several days now. However, my solution today was to drain the batteries, and recharge to 100%.

Now the drone powers down and goes into travel mode. However, I never know when this issue will pop up again....

Galen
2019-2-6
Use props
JBSonic
First Officer
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Keep us updated on this issue re-occurring, I have read a few reports on this so far.Which firmware version are you on?
2019-2-6
Use props
Galen777
lvl.1
United States

JBSonic Posted at 2-6 01:58
Keep us updated on this issue re-occurring, I have read a few reports on this so far.Which firmware version are you on?

I've updated to:

Date: 2018.11.16
Aircraft Firmware: v01.02.0300
Remote Controller Firmware: v01.01.0050

I believe this is the latest update. I've read about issues on the latest firmware. Do you recommend an older version? If so, where might I download it?

Thanks,

Galen
2019-2-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about the situation. You mean regardless of the battery pair that you will use, the aircraft would allow you to turn on, however, it wouldn't allow you to turn off even putting the drone in travel mode? Since the problem seems to be fixed by draining and fully charged the batteries again, we would recommend reaching back us when it will occur again for further assistance. Thank you for continued support.
2019-2-6
Use props
Galen777
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-6 10:56
Hi, we're sorry to know about the situation. You mean regardless of the battery pair that you will use, the aircraft would allow you to turn on, however, it wouldn't allow you to turn off even putting the drone in travel mode? Since the problem seems to be fixed by draining and fully charged the batteries again, we would recommend reaching back us when it will occur again for further assistance. Thank you for continued support.

You mean regardless of the battery pair that you will use, the aircraft would allow you to turn on, however, it wouldn't allow you to turn off even putting the drone in travel mode?

That is correct.

So far so good today, I'll let you know when it happens again. In the meantime, if you have any thoughts, I'd love to hear them.

Galen
2019-2-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Galen777 Posted at 2-6 12:55
You mean regardless of the battery pair that you will use, the aircraft would allow you to turn on, however, it wouldn't allow you to turn off even putting the drone in travel mode?

That is correct.

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. Glad that the concern seems to be fixed as of the time being. If the scenario will persist, we could check it with our team for further clarification. Thank you for your support.
2019-2-6
Use props
Galen777
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-6 15:35
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. Glad that the concern seems to be fixed as of the time being. If the scenario will persist, we could check it with our team for further clarification. Thank you for your support.

OK, it happened again today. I flew in the afternoon, flew a set of new batteries to 15%, drone power down fine and I recharged the same batteries. Had to fly at sunset, took out the same charged battery set, and the drone would not turn off. It appears that it is turning off, but it's back lights up again and the rear led flashes red. Had to eject the batteries HOT. I don't like this at all.

Thanks,

Galen
2019-2-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Galen777 Posted at 2-6 18:26
OK, it happened again today. I flew in the afternoon, flew a set of new batteries to 15%, drone power down fine and I recharged the same batteries. Had to fly at sunset, took out the same charged battery set, and the drone would not turn off. It appears that it is turning off, but it's back lights up again and the rear led flashes red. Had to eject the batteries HOT. I don't like this at all.

Thanks,

Hi, thanks for the update. We're sorry to know that the concern seems to be persisting. I would recommend using another pair of your batteries, refresh the firmware of your aircraft using the DJI assistant 2 then check if the problem will persist. If the scenario would be the same, you may provide us with a short video of this situation for us to coordinate with our designated department. You may upload the link using Dropbox as well. For the mean-time, you may refer to the link below for you to download the DJI Assistant 2 to your computer. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.

https://www.dji.com/inspire-2/downloads
2019-2-7
Use props
fans84333714
lvl.1
Flight distance : 103451 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Hello, I'm having same problem. I can turn the drone on but not power off or turn to travel mode. Any ideas how to fix?
2021-6-30
Use props
Ground Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 1539337 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 2019-2-7 08:39
Hi, thanks for the update. We're sorry to know that the concern seems to be persisting. I would recommend using another pair of your batteries, refresh the firmware of your aircraft using the DJI assistant 2 then check if the problem will persist. If the scenario would be the same, you may provide us with a short video of this situation for us to coordinate with our designated department. You may upload the link using Dropbox as well. For the mean-time, you may refer to the link below for you to download the DJI Assistant 2 to your computer. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.

https://www.dji.com/inspire-2/downloads

Oh dear DJI Tony,

DJI Tony says you should update to the latest firmware .500 although it is known that there are very many problem with the current firmware update .500.   There is a firmware version .510 but not for the public, only on newly purchased Inspire 2 this firmware has appeared.
Can be read here:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=241024

Why doesn't DJI release new bug free firmware for the Inspire?

You can read about it here:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=240261
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=224252

Where there is discussion about the bug firmware DJI is silent and says nothing about it and leaves your customers in the lurch.
2021-7-2
Use props
Alvara74
First Officer
Flight distance : 30364 ft
United Kingdom

Have you tried updating your software?
2021-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules