Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Reducing "flickering" effect on video?
1575 5 2019-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cEQtBhqjyKJB
lvl.3
Canada

I have been making videos on the OP in 4K/30 and in 60fps and have been noticing alot of "flickering" effect when doing a panning shot (ie. left to right or right to left). I film in auto mode and was wondering how would I reduce this "flickiering" effect and smooth out the video on my videos when panning side to side?  It happens regardless of when I pan slowly or quickly.  THanks
2019-2-5
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can you post a sample? I shot over 250 clips (>350GB) at 4K@30 over almost a month and I only encounter flickering on a couple of clips. See me videos here:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D549%26typeid%3D549
2019-2-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to May, I ask when taking the video is it in the lowlight? or Against the light? However, you may provide a short video or showing the problem for better visualization as well. Please keep us posted. Thanks!
2019-2-6
Use props
junfusion
lvl.2
Japan

If the flickering is from high shutter speed, try lower shutter speed with ND filters.
Proper shutter speed produces natural motion blur, that makes smooth panning and smooth motion.

2019-2-6
Use props
cEQtBhqjyKJB
lvl.3
Canada

junfusion Posted at 2-6 11:13
If the flickering is from high shutter speed, try lower shutter speed with ND filters.
Proper shutter speed produces natural motion blur, that makes smooth panning and smooth motion.

I think you are right in that the flickering is likely due to higher shutter speeds.  In using ND filters, should I be exposing/adjusting the shutter speed on the brighter, darker or somewhere in the middle of the exposure scene... when doing manually with ND filter?
2019-2-6
Use props
junfusion
lvl.2
Japan

Hi,
As a rule of thumb. double the fps rate for the shutter speed. It makes most smoothing look.
24fps : 1/50
30fps : 1/60
60fps ; 1/120
Adjust the shutter speed like this using matching ND filter.
good luck!

2019-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules