Phantom 4 pro and Mi A2 Lite phone
1394 13 2019-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yellowind
lvl.1

Lithuania

Hello,

I've just bought Phantom 4 pro and tried to connect my phone Mi A2 Lite android version 9 but haven't succeeded. I few a few cables but no results. After that I connected my Iphone SE and it's working. It's a pity though that the screen of this ios phone is broken.

Does anyone have troubles to connect your android phone to this bird? I believe there could be some settings need to change in the phone. I would be grateful if you guys could give me some bits of advice.

2019-2-6
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It can depend on the phone used and its processor power, but I have used in the past a non recommended Sony Xperia without issue, but I now prefer my Huawei M3 (10") tablet on my P4Pro -  that's also not on the DJI reco list as someone here will point out I'm sure....
Does the app load ok ?- Have you set the usb connection options on the phone correctly that pops up ?
2019-2-6
Use props
Yellowind
lvl.1

Lithuania

Aerial-Image Posted at 2-6 04:17
It can depend on the phone used and its processor power, but I have used in the past a non recommended Sony Xperia without issue, but I now prefer my Huawei M3 (10") tablet  on my P4Pro -  that's also not on the DJI reco list as someone here will point out I'm sure....
Does the app load ok ?- Have you set the usb connection options on the phone correctly that pops up ?

My phone is new and it has 4 gb ram. The app loads correctly but there were no phone settings popping up. And what are the settings, could you write?
I tried the other app, 'DH basic, drone harmony' and it looks working correctly, though I don't really like the app.
2019-2-6
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

In settings on your phone you're looking in "Device connection" for something like under the USB option-  "USB Connectivity", then go to "USB connection mode", then a box pops up with 3 options • Charge device, • Transfer files, • Use device as MIDI. - try the • Transfer files option.
2019-2-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about the situation. We perfectly understand that you wanted to use the Mi A2 Lite on your Phantom 4 Pro, however, it seems that the remote controller would not communicate with your preferred mobile device. I'm afraid that this situation may occur due to that our team hasn't been tested this mobile device. No worries, we will go ahead and forward this to our team to see if they could add the mobile device as a compatible with Phantom 4 Pro in the future. Please pay attention to our website for a further update. Thank you for understanding.
2019-2-6
Use props
Yellowind
lvl.1

Lithuania

DJI Tony Posted at 2-6 10:27
Hi, we're sorry to know about the situation. We perfectly understand that you wanted to use the Mi A2 Lite on your Phantom 4 Pro, however, it seems that the remote controller would not communicate with your preferred mobile device. I'm afraid that this situation may occur due to that our team hasn't been tested this mobile device. No worries, we will go ahead and forward this to our team to see if they could add the mobile device as a compatible with Phantom 4 Pro in the future. Please pay attention to our website for a further update. Thank you for understanding.

Thanks for the answer!
Well, it's really quite a pity that Xiaomi 5 is compatible but newer Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite is not.
Will wait and anticipate!
2019-2-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Yellowind Posted at 2-6 13:23
Thanks for the answer!
Well, it's really quite a pity that Xiaomi 5 is compatible but newer Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite is not.

It does not mean it is not compatible. It simply means DJI have not tested the newer phone.
2019-2-6
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Please do try as I mention, as DJI are not always correct.
2019-2-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Yellowind Posted at 2-6 13:23
Thanks for the answer!

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. Actually, there still a possibility that the mobile device may work with our application, however, I'm afraid that we couldn't provide a guarantee if the application will always work with the mobile device. No worries, we've managed to forward this to our designated department for consideration. We highly appreciated your understanding. Please let us know if you have other concern.
2019-2-6
Use props
Yellowind
lvl.1

Lithuania

Aerial-Image Posted at 2-6 09:01
In settings on your phone you're looking in "Device connection" for something like under the USB option-  "USB Connectivity", then go to "USB connection mode", then a box pops up with 3 options • Charge device, • Transfer files, • Use device as MIDI. - try the • Transfer files option.

Thanks a lot man!

Yes, it was the usb problem. It should be set on PTP, otherwise, it's not working.
2019-2-8
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thats great news - least its now working for you - remember sometimes we know better !
2019-2-8
Use props
Todj
lvl.1
Finland

So the Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite works now well with the Phantom 4 Pro?
2019-3-7
Use props
djiuser_4PzBREh
lvl.1

Russia

what about connecting? Is it ok?
2019-7-18
Use props
Mini User
lvl.4
Flight distance : 416854 ft
Germany

@Yellowind

Please give us an update, does it work with your phone?

greets,
Alex
2019-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules